X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Primetime
    Thank You Prince
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
    Again, I sorta get what you're saying. I have all 8 seasons of 24 on DVD or Blu-Ray, but Netflix is admittedly more convenient. I have zero issues with the move to downloaded content, I just don't want to be spied on ... and if I want to give an old game to a friend, that friend shouldn't have to go through airport security. Frankly, too many people I know will just repulse the airport security people looking at them nude.
    That's what game sharing was for.

Comment

• Golden Taters
      RIP West
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MVPete
      I hope everyone who posted in this thread dies at some point this year.
      That would include you, wouldn't it?

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

So without the DRM, are we still able to buy full retail copies of games from XBL? Or do I have to physically go out to a store and buy the disc of whatever I want to play? I hope not.

Comment

• Golden Taters
          RIP West
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
          So without the DRM, are we still able to buy full retail copies of games from XBL? Or do I have to physically go out to a store and buy the disc of whatever I want to play? I hope not.
          No, you can still purchase new games on release date and download them.

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MVPete
            I hope everyone who posted in this thread dies at some point this year.
            You're already brain dead, it's a start.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

This outta be good...

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

How much chardonnay have you had tonight Dave?

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Primetime
                  This outta be good...
                  It was just a joke. No drama. And it's Teacher's Scotch, Twigg. And I'm currently listening to Prince's Purple Rain and have my Napoleon Complex on.
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Pitty
                    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                    • Feb 2009

Comment

• MVPete
                      Old School
                      • Mar 2008

I meant to say I hope this thread dies at some point this year .

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

I'm 50/50 on this decision. I was really hoping to see the disc go away kind of like how PC gaming is these days since its just so much more convienant to download and store on hard drives. The whole game sharing thing really didn't interest me at all since I would of been just buying what I wanted and never sharing it with anyone. I still just don't get how that would of been a viable solution to game companies since realistically at the very most 50% of the revenue from new game sales could of been thrown out the window.

It would of been interesting to see how it would of went. It's pretty obvious mooches like Primetime were wanting this hard but it would of turned into a clusterfuck for sure. I still don't get how he thinks simple scheduling would of fixed it. He was in a madden league this year and knows all about people ducking and not showing.

It also spells the end for any chance at games getting cheaper and another gen of me having to deal with AAA titles getting the full $60 price tag on steam when its a cross platform release.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

so if MS lowers the price to match the ps4 will people jump on the xbone train? im glad they dumped the always connected BS and the used game BS.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
                            so if MS lowers the price to match the ps4 will people jump on the xbone train? im glad they dumped the always connected BS and the used game BS.
                            As long as the box ships with kinect, the price aint coming down.

Comment

• Pitty
                              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                              • Feb 2009

Couldn't have said it better myself:

Comment

• MVPete
                                Old School
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
                                Some years back, Microsoft and Sony's positions were reversed: the Xbox 360 sold for $399, while the PlayStation 3 started at $499. Then-president Ken Kutaragi said Sony wanted "people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else," suggesting that they would want to "work more hours to buy one." Microsoft hasn't approached that level of hubris, but since neither console even has a hard release date, it also hasn't yet tested the claim that people will prefer its "devices and services" model.

Comment

Working...