X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
    Don't forget to update the controllers for your Xbox One after the March update. You won't be able to use third-party headsets or receive stereo sound through the headset without the update, in addition to some calibration requests that were made by Respawn for the Titanfall release.

It's under the settings area ("Xbox go to settings") and plug the controller to the USB port on the right hand side of your console.
    Did it come with a USB cable?

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

You only need to update the controller with the cable if you are using any headset and you will need the adapter. The adapter comes with a cable.

All other updates can be done wireless, as there was already a controller update done once already.
      Last edited by jms493; 03-06-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
        You only need to update the controller with the cable if you are using a 3rd party headset and you will need the adapter. The adapter comes with a cable.

All other updates can be done wireless, as there was already a controller update done once already.
        I thought you couldn't even get stereo sound through the new Xbox headset without the update?

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
          I thought you couldn't even get stereo sound through the new Xbox headset without the update?
          correct so change my comment from 3rd party to all parties.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

Starting at select retailers next week in the U.S., a digital copy of*Forza Motorsport 5*will be included with purchases of Xbox One for the retail price of $499.99*for a limited time. Hailed by critics and consumers alike as the best-looking and most realistic racing game of this, or any other generation, Forza Motorsport 5 has been embraced by Xbox One fans worldwide, becoming the best-selling racing game by console attach over the past decade.In our quest to delight fans, we wanted to give even more people the chance to experience their ultimate car fantasy.
            Check with your local retailer for details.*

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                PTFO
                • Mar 2009

In the latest update they fixed the problem with the Harmony remote not working in certain apps (ESPN, Amazon Instant Video, and Xbox Fitness for me)

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                  PTFO
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                  Looks like I'll be switching from AT&T DSL to Comcast very soon so I can stream all alone

Comment

• christguz
                    I turned into a martian
                    • Jul 2012

Is anyone else still experiencing any problems with the party chat? My buddy and I tried to party up last night and this morning, but we both still aren't able to hear each other. We both updated our controllers so we can cancel that out.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
                    "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                      Word Life
                      • Jul 2010

I haven't. Not only is the "Party Chat on by Default" convenient(like it should have been in the first place) but it works more smooth and less laggy.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• KNUBB
                        WHITE RONDO
                        • Jun 2009

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                          PTFO
                          • Mar 2009

I was having one of the best MyPlayer games on NBA 2k14 since I started playing, actually almost making it to a B grade (yes, I suck at the game).

Nearing the end of the 4th quarter, my 9 month old son crawls across the living room with the swiftness of a gazelle and touches the bright glowing xbox orb on the front of the console and shuts the system off.

He had no idea what he just did to me though, I couldn't be mad at him.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                            PTFO
                            • Mar 2009

Next update details:

What to expect in this update preview

For those of you that participated in last month’s (1403) update preview, this preview wave will be a little different:

The 1404 update preview will run a bit longer than the 1403 preview. As a result, not all of the features listed below will be available in the first 1404 update. Some features will be enabled in 1404 updates that are rolled out later in the preview. Some of the features listed below will be enabled outside of a console update. Keep an eye on the forums for announcements and information on when new features are made available. What’s new in this release?

Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.

Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.

Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.

Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.

Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.

Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.

New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.
                            Glad the friends pop up notifications are back...why they weren't there from the beginning is unbelievable.

Comment

• MrBill
                              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                              Glad the friends pop up notifications are back...why they weren't there from the beginning is unbelievable.
                              That one was a head scratcher for me as well. They totally over thought how to improve Live when it was about as good as it will ever get from a features perspective.

Cute kid, I couldn't have stayed mad at him either...lol

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

When I questioned the absence of basic features that were stripped from the 360 I was labeled a Sony fanboy. And I do believe at least one member here kept saying how great he thought all the changes were.

Interesting how that works.
                                Last edited by Twigg4075; 03-18-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...