• Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Joe Montana Football 16

• MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

From what I have read, this game will be available on the PC and Xbox One and will have a full NFL license via Microsoft's partnership with the league. EA's deal covers multi-platform releases but so long as Microsoft releases the game only on the systems where they control the OS, they will be able to use NFL stadiums and league artwork. I'm not sure if there will be a separate arrangement required with the NFLPA to get player and coaches names included or not. Microsoft could easily sidestep that by allowing custom rosters to be shared online.

This is looking a lot like the way SCEA has MLB The Show as a PlayStation exclusive. I'm not sure how polished the finished product will be this fall but I am intrigued

Comment

• TimsGiants
      18 and 1
      • Mar 2009

remember Sega Montana football and being able to run the whole football field in circles with defense chasing you?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MrBill
        From what I have read, this game will be available on the PC and Xbox One and will have a full NFL license via Microsoft's partnership with the league. EA's deal covers multi-platform releases but so long as Microsoft releases the game only on the systems where they control the OS, they will be able to use NFL stadiums and league artwork. I'm not sure if there will be a separate arrangement required with the NFLPA to get player and coaches names included or not. Microsoft could easily sidestep that by allowing custom rosters to be shared online.

This is looking a lot like the way SCEA has MLB The Show as a PlayStation exclusive. I'm not sure how polished the finished product will be this fall but I am intrigued
        You're close, it covers first-party developers, meaning it has to be developed by a studio that Microsoft owns. It can't be developed by, say, 2K Sports, but they are planning to license some tech from them.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
          Fuck em
          • Oct 2008

I'm in... saw this earlier yesterday when Epi linked it, I'll be getting an xbox one and this game, there's no way it can be worse than Madden.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
            I'm in... saw this earlier yesterday when Epi linked it, I'll be getting an xbox one and this game, there's no way it can be worse than Madden.
            Might want to get it now, the console comes in a bundle with the Halo Master Chief game which has Halo's 1-4 on it for $350. Even if Joe Montana doesn't come out, that's a good move on the console. I'm still in "wait and see" mode in regards to this.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
              Fuck em
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              Might want to get it now, the console comes in a bundle with the Halo Master Chief game which has Halo's 1-4 on it for $350. Even if Joe Montana doesn't come out, that's a good move on the console. I'm still in "wait and see" mode in regards to this.
              I'm not into Halo, I do want to get a bundle tho, won't be able to until about may anyways

Comment

• Golden Taters
                RIP West
                • Jul 2009

This game does not have the NFL license, which EA's deal covers even first-party games. The Xbox/PC exclusive thing still hasn't been confirmed either, all of these rumors were linked to a post on OS that someone with a new account left that turned out to be false. There was also a few sources who said 2K isn't involved in any way, as well as their tech.

With that said, I am still excited for another football game in the market. I don't care if there is no NFL involvement, if the game plays like a sim game of football and not MADDEN ball I will be happy.

Comment

• kingcreolethe1st
                  Noob
                  • Aug 2014

I love pc football, I would like to see it come back. I will play it when it gets released
                  sigpic WHO DAT!!! http://www.twitch.tv/kingcreole1982

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                    Grind.
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Golden Taters
                    This game does not have the NFL license, which EA's deal covers even first-party games. The Xbox/PC exclusive thing still hasn't been confirmed either, all of these rumors were linked to a post on OS that someone with a new account left that turned out to be false. There was also a few sources who said 2K isn't involved in any way, as well as their tech.

With that said, I am still excited for another football game in the market. I don't care if there is no NFL involvement, if the game plays like a sim game of football and not MADDEN ball I will be happy.
                    The post on OS was weird and can't be taken to be factual because, obviously, nobody knows who "MisterFootballSF" is. Thanks for pointing that out but I want to note the bold.

I think it should be pointed out that Montana has posted this photo first. Damon Grow, the developer of the game, has said that all information has to come from Montana various times on his twitter page. Montana hasn't said much about the game. But he did re-tweet THIS PHOTO .

Why would he do that?
                    Last edited by ThunderHorse; 03-19-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• MrBill
                      Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                      • Feb 2009

I think you are confusing the NFL license and the NFLPA license. They are two separate things. Microsoft could release a game with the NFL license that had all team names, stadiums and NFL logos/artwork in the game but only had Joe Montana as a named player. The community could do rosters (ala NCAA Football) within a few days of launch and boom, you are playing an NFL game with actual NFL rosters. There is so little information out there that this is all speculative but Microsoft does have an NFL license.

Comment

• buckeye
                        Noob
                        • Dec 2013

I would give it a shot. Probably Gamefly or Redbox.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

They have the NFL license, which would be for first-party developers only. It remains to be seen if they could get the NFLPA license, whether due to cost or actual ability to get it, due to EA's agreement, but with screenshots coming out with Unreal 4's engine from Joe Montana, there is some push behind this. Also, as Bill said, if things are in place for communities to do rosters, boom, real players in the game. Granted, there won't be any commentary with names, but if it's a sim game, how many people does that really bother?

Comment

• Derrville
                            Dallas has no coaching...
                            • Jul 2009

When the game was announced it was originally going to be an NFL Mobile Game.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Derrville
                              When the game was announced it was originally going to be an NFL Mobile Game.

http://www.goodgamebro.com/community...toqgt-jpg.816/
                              I do remember that, and I was surprised to hear the latest rumors that brought it out to the XB1 and PC. Allegedly, or whatever. I still will believe it when I see it, and I still think this game doesn't come to fruition. If it releases in August like Madden, and all we have is a handful of screens by now, I can't see it.

Comment

Working...