X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by theMINI
    I don't get it. You went to the circle and then you sent Jowan in to the Vale? I completely dismissed the idea of going to the circle as taking too long but unfortunately the Vale was long as fuck also.
    yeah you send jowan in to kill the demon possessing the boy. he's not that strong so it's not the easiest fight.

Comment

• trojan49er
      Something Clever
      • Jun 2009

just traded in some old games I havent touched in a year and now I'm getting DA:A for free. Doing another playthrough, this time with a City Elf Rogue chick, going after the lesbo angle with Leliana

Comment

• trojan49er
        Something Clever
        • Jun 2009

For the record dual dagger rogues have crazy high DPS...momentum + auto crit during stun is effing awesome, especially if you use Lethality so that your Cunning stat determines dmg

Comment

• theMINI
          • Nov 2008

I just finished the game. Shit was awesome.

Can I trade in my copy now or do I need to have it to purchase Awakening or something?

Comment

• trojan49er
            Something Clever
            • Jun 2009

dont believe you need it for DA:OA, you dont even need to use a DA:O Warden to play it so...

Comment

• brees fan
              Shotgunning 4ur sins
              • Jan 2009

Trade that shit in a get mass effect 1, I like it so much better than dragon age, I can't wait to play the next one
              (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by trojan49er
                just traded in some old games I havent touched in a year and now I'm getting DA:A for free. Doing another playthrough, this time with a City Elf Rogue chick, going after the lesbo angle with Leliana
                dont forget to have a 3some with isabela

Comment

• trojan49er
                  Something Clever
                  • Jun 2009

You know I wouldnt pass that up...separate save file just to harden Leiliana and make her more down for the kinky shit

Comment

• trojan49er
                    Something Clever
                    • Jun 2009

Partly to bump this thread and partly cuz it deserves to be said...Awakening comes out in 5 days, should be pretty sick. Disappointed in the lack of romance tho

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by trojan49er
                      Partly to bump this thread and partly cuz it deserves to be said...Awakening comes out in 5 days, should be pretty sick. Disappointed in the lack of romance tho
                      Cannnnnnnnot wait for that.

Finishing my 2nd playthough this weekend cause I didn't like my first very much, did too much random decision making without "getting into the story" so to speak.

Got myself a Elven dual weilding assassin who's all about the greater good and doing what's right.

Also have a evil dwarven tank who's solely out for personal gains, but he's not even through his origin story yet.

Hopefully this isn't the only DLC we get this year, but it's been shown in pictures that there's a teaser in the casing for Awakening with a date marked Feb 11/2011, not sure what that's all about though.

Comment

• stevsta
                        ¿Que?
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by theMINI
                        I just finished the game. Shit was awesome.

Can I trade in my copy now or do I need to have it to purchase Awakening or something?
                        yeah you need the original game to play awekening
                        RIP

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

Supposedly the Return To Ostagar DLC came out this week.

$5 for:

-King Cailan's Gold Armor (the same shit you see Alistair wear in the Epilogue if you make him King)
                          -Maric's Blade (the last King's sword)
                          -Cailan's Shield

-Duncan's Sword
                          -Duncan's Dagger( the same stuff Duncan was duel-wielding when he merk'd that Ogre that killed Cailan).

-Some stuff for Dog (or whatever you named him) as well as another opportunity to recruit him if he's not in your party already.

-Corrupted Magister's Staff (+5 Willpower, +15% Spirit Damage, Possible Paralysis per hit Mage staff.

Can't use if you opened the Mage's Chest with the key you get from the prisoner with your first go-round of Ostagar)

-Joining Chalice (A +10 Approval Gift for Alistair, +5 for everyone else)

-Nug Crusher (+4 Dexterity, +100 Stamina, Chance to Stun, Maul weapon)

-Repeater Gloves (Rapid Aim, +1 Armor penetration for your archers)

-A DLC Trophy/Achievement

-A chance to see that Cailan had plans to make peace with Orlais to create more of a united front against the Darkspawn.

Unfortunately, Darkspawn showed up in Orlais and the treaty between Ferelden and themselves wouldn't happen (in-game timeline-wise since Cailan died)

-More dialogue options with Alistair, Wynne...

and/or Loghain if you recruited him.

Originally posted by Dragon Age Wiki
                          Question: Can you still play Return to Ostagar after saving redcliffe and how?

Answer: Prior to the epilogue at any point of the game, you can Return to Ostagar by travelling to an Area in your map called "Bann Loren's Land" and that will activate the Quest that will allow you to go back to Ostagar. After the epilogue, there is an automatic Post-Campaign save that allows you to play any DLC that you haven't already completed.

Question: Can the Return to Ostagar DLC be played after you killed the Archdemon? My last save is during the Post Coronation Ceremony at the Palace and whenever I leave the door the Credits shows up. I cannot return to any other places?

Answer: Prior to the epilogue at any point of the game, you can Return to Ostagar by travelling to an Area in your map called "Bann Loren's Land" and that will activate the Quest that will allow you to go back to Ostagar. After the epilogue, there is an automatic Post-Campaign save that allows you to play any DLC that you haven't already completed.

Question: If Alistair is already made King, will he still come with me to do the Return to Ostagar (Quest)?

Answer: Yes. So will Morrigan, despite the fact that she bails on you (either before or after the final battle). So will Loghain (or Alistair) if you sacrificed them to kill the Archdemon. Darksnow217 17:36, January 23, 2010 (UTC). So that would be a good opportunity for everyone to liquidate all your party assets, convert everything into Gold before they all leave for good when The Awakening comes. Your party inventory will be in post-coronation state, i.e. you will have the loot you picked up when fighting your way through Fort Drakon, and you will have lost potions and other one-time use items you used in the final fight.

Question: After the coronation, will town NPCs react differently if you are a King of Ferelden, or they will still call you a Grey Warden as if you haven't already killed the Archdemon?

Answer: In the post-campaign gameplay, you can only access the Party Camp and the DLC areas. Chronologically, it takes place just before the battle of Denerim. In other words, you go back in time to before your coronation (if you were made king), before you killed the Archdemon, and before Morrigan left your party. However, since it takes place after the Landsmeet,

Alistair will not be available if you chose to let Loghain live.

Question: Prior to the Landsmeet, will completing the Return to Ostagar quest give you more dialogue options during the Landsmeet debate?

Answer: There are no additional dialogue choices on the PC or Xbox 360 versions of the game.

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

Jay, that came out a while ago. And it sucks and isn't worth any amount of money.

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                              Jay, that came out a while ago. And it sucks and isn't worth any amount of money.
                              correction.

came out for a couple days and was pulled until now.

Comment

• SethMode
                                Master of Mysticism
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                                correction.

came out for a couple days and was pulled until now.
                                Really? I did not know that. I hope they did something to improve it.

Comment

Working...