X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saluki
    Ball So Hard
    • Oct 2008

Ferris Buellers Day Off

Was my 1st time seeing this. (I know, i know, it's even worse because i live in Chicago). Really enjoyed it, not only was it funny, also after watching it I understand like 80% of the references that family guy and other shows make that I had no idea came from this movie.

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Saluki
      Ferris Buellers Day Off

Was my 1st time seeing this. (I know, i know, it's even worse because i live in Chicago). Really enjoyed it, not only was it funny, also after watching it I understand like 80% of the references that family guy and other shows make that I had no idea came from this movie.
      Great movie. This is one of the few I will drop whatever I'm doing just about every time to watch on TV

Comment

• Saluki
        Ball So Hard
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
        Great movie. This is one of the few I will drop whatever I'm doing just about every time to watch on TV
        In Chicago they do a bunch of movies in the park every summer. So i watched it on a huge blowup theater screen outside. It was pretty sweet.

Comment

• manchild24
          Kyle got fired
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MrBill
          Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 2

The special effects were top notch as always and the plot twists kept you on the edge of your seat. The Battle of Hogwarts seemed to drag on a bit but the producers had to stretch the movie since they put 75% of the book in the first movie. The showdown between Harry Potter and Voldemort was epic. Overall, a solid ending to the Harry Potter series.
          Really gotta go back watch these from the first one so I know whats going on, I havent seen any of them since the Goblet of Fire.

Comment

• tigstah
            Mr. Casual Gamer
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
            Transformers - Dark of the Moon - way too fucking long/10
            yeah......a good 30-45 minutes too long. wtf...2 1/2 hours.....come on.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Horrible Bosses was a lot of fun. Charlie Day (Always Sunny FTW) stole the film (Foxx and Farrell could also get that claim in their respective scenes). Sure, the ending goblin mentioned was telegraphed a mile away, but I can give them a pass for everything up to that part.

Bateman brings it as usual and I found Sudeikis more enjoyable than his stuff on SNL (but I' m not a big SNL guy). The three had good chemistry, no doubt.

Plus, I like how the film actually does end...the scene they used to fade to black was gold.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                • Feb 2009

HP:Deathly Hallows pt 2 9/10

Fantastic movie. Only read the first 2 loved the first movie/book thought the rest were meh-ok. This one was just great. Visually , storyline , acting..everything was great.
                I was ready to write off Voldemort as wackest villain ever...but this movie saved that.
                Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                  ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                  • Oct 2008

It was pretty good. I like Wilco so I enjoyed the music obviously, but I already knew the story behind the album which isn't that compelling, so as a documentary it wasn't great.

Comment

• Villain
                    [REDACTED]
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by A Tasty Burgerr
                    [IMG]http://hollywoodjesus.com/movie/best_in_show/poster.jpg[IMG]

First Christopher Guest film I've seen, I really really liked it. Great writing.
                    That's definitely my favorite Guest movie. If you like that style, A Mighty Wind (IMDB) is really funny too. Other good Christopher Guest movies are The Princess Bride (actor) and This Is Spinal Tap (actor, writer). You should definitely check out A Mighty Wind. It's primarily the same cast as Best in Show and that same mockumentary style.

For me - I'm going to watch that movie Limitless to kill time at work (I love my job), and the next flick I'm planning on watching after that is Bronson (IMDB). I just want to see how Tom Hardy does as a swol psycho - kinda like a preview to seeing him as Bane, I guess.
                    [REDACTED]

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

Just saw Horrible Bosses. Funny stuff.

Comment

• stevsta
                        ¿Que?
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by manchild24
                        Thats right, I have a 4year old son that wanted to see it so his dad takes him to the movies.

And yeah when you go into a movie thinking its going to be terrible and I laughed, its not that fucking bad. So you and Palooza can blow me.
                        fuck anyones elses opinion but your own there are plenty of questionable "likes" of movies that sucked or were subpar on everyone's list

comedies especially are hit and miss b/c what is funny to someone may not be to someone else
                        RIP

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

'End of the Century - The Story of the Ramones'.....real good documentary covering most everything from their Queens days up through their break up and 2002 RnR HOF induction. Funny to see in hindsight how Joey Ramone was the complete antithesis of everything you'd imagine a rock frontman to be. But fuck could he sing.

The oftentimes volatile relationship between Johnny and Joey is another fascinating subject. They have a bunch of interview footage from all the members (including the later Ramones like Marky and CJ....three of the original four bandmembers had since died), other artists, media people and a few record company folks too. They also talk a bit about what made them so special from a technical standpoint musically.

The fact they never were able to have a big hit at the time is debated as to why...good stuff.

Obviously, if you're a fan of the band in any way, it's a must see. If you're a fan of rock/punk music, 70s-80s or documentaries, should check it out.

Comment

• Palooza
                            Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                            • Feb 2009

daaaaaaay bow bow

oooooooohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

chick-a chick aaahhhhh

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Sex In The City 2

Fuck off, it was the middle of the night, and it was the only movie on cable that was just starting. I hate watching movies from the middle, so when there is nothing else to watch I just watch whatever has just started.

It was terrible, and I fell asleep about 45 minutes in. First one was much better (again, fuck off). I woke up at like 7am, and it was ON AGAIN on the same channel. So I watched the last half hour or so. Unless that middle half hour I missed was incredible, holy shit did this suck. Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse and makes me want to vomit.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                                ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                                • Oct 2008

They Live fit will in the sub-genre of "weird as fuck 80's sci-fi" (Repo Man, Buckaroo Banzai, Big Trouble in Little China, Videodrome, etc.)

I can say with confidence I will never watch it again though.

Comment

Working...