X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by padman59
    It depends on how you define a remake. They didn't set out to copy or alter the first film, but they did make another film adaptation from the novel (which I consider a remake since another adaptation already exists).

Do you also consider X-Men: First Class and Batman Begins as remakes?

Comment

• wingsfan77
      • Aug 2009

FINALLY got around to watching 'Crazy,Stupid,Love' today....well worth the $10 the blu-ray cost me.

Comment

• Palooza
        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
        It depends on how you define a remake. They didn't set out to copy or alter the first film, but they did make another film adaptation from the novel (which I consider a remake since another adaptation already exists).
        a remake implies you are taking a previously made film
        and putting your own twist/update/etc on it. TGWTDT does not fit that category. it, like houston said with BB and FC, is a re-interpretation of source material.

How can something be a remake of another film if the person who wrote the "remake" not have seen the "original"

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Houston
          Do you also consider X-Men: First Class and Batman Begins as remakes?
          No to both. While there have been previous movies about both Batman and the X-Men, both BB and FC are entirely focused on the origin of each which were only briefly addressed in the previous films. That alone seems to suggest that there are differing source materials used in the development process. I thought FC was a prequel to the 2000 movie anyway.

Originally posted by Palooza
          a remake implies you are taking a previously made film
          and putting your own twist/update/etc on it. TGWTDT does not fit that category. it, like houston said with BB and FC, is a re-interpretation of source material.

How can something be a remake of another film if the person who wrote the "remake" not have seen the "original"
          I can see your point, but they are adaptations of the exact same source. In my mind, any subsequent movie adapted from Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy has to be remake since a film trilogy has already been made.

I'll add this. A remake is a re-imagining to a degree, but a re-imagining does not have to be a remake.

Comment

• Palooza
            Au Revoir, Shoshanna
            • Feb 2009

in your mind, you're wrong. two adaptations lf the same source mAterial does not make one a remake of the other. it is simply a re-interpretation or re-imagining of the original source material. not a remake of the other movie.

Comment

• padman59
              Slayer of Demons
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
              in your mind, you're wrong. two adaptations lf the same source mAterial does not make one a remake of the other. it is simply a re-interpretation or re-imagining of the original source material. not a remake of the other movie.
              Then we simply disagree on our characterizations of a remake.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

I've been neglecting my movie collection but being sick tends to fight that a bit.

I finally got around to watching

Great action movie. 9/10. Just crazy shit from beginning to end.

I also watched

Not as funny as I expected. 6/10. Jenna Fischer is so hot though.

Comment

• wingsfan77
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  I've been neglecting my movie collection but being sick tends to fight that a bit.

I finally got around to watching

Great action movie. 9/10. Just crazy shit from beginning to end.

I also watched

Not as funny as I expected. 6/10. Jenna Fischer is so hot though.
                  I think you might've forgotten something there haha

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                    Wakka Wakka
                    • Dec 2008

Just seen the Devil Inside it was ok but had quite possibly the worst ending ever
                    THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                      ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                      • Oct 2008

In the case of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Let Me In I realize that they aren't technically remakes or re-imaginings of a previous film. They differ even less than most of remakes it seems, it's pretty much the same as 2 different directors each making their own version of the same screenplay. All of the major plot points, setting, characters are exactly the same since they're telling the exact same story.

That being said I thought the cinematography and editing was a bit better in the Fincher version. It's just hard to give it credit in my eyes as a really great movie for doing something that I have already seen almost exactly.

Comment

• Trmszczykowski
                        The Mountain recast
                        • Nov 2010

Fantastic movie, I would recommend it to anyone slightly interested in crime/dramas.

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                          Amerson For Thorpe!
                          • Mar 2010

I've seen Mr Brooks. I wouldn't say it was fantastic, but it was a good movie.
                          "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Raidersabc123
                            Just seen the Devil Inside it was ok but had quite possibly the worst ending ever
                            I saw the movie as an hour-and-change advertisement for a website.

The movie pimped by Eli Roth about possession that ended as...

A rip-off of Rosemary's Baby
                            was better.

Same faux documentary style but with better actors.

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                              Amerson For Thorpe!
                              • Mar 2010

found this on Netflix Stream. I'd give it about a 6.5-7/10, it was a solid movie that held my attention.
                              "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• Palooza
                                Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                                • Feb 2009

Attack the Block - MOSES! MOSES! MOSES!/10

Comment

Working...