X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mcstl25
    At least Yadi didn't have to use a translator for his post game interview like Cueto did. lol

Apparently Cueto has been spending his free time in karate class instead of English class. He's been living in the states for how many years? Learn the freaking language!
    There is no official language of the United States. Vlad Guerrero has never learned English either. Can't force a guy to learn a language if he can excel at his profession without it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Cueto was pinned up against the backstop by half the Cardinal roster, he had every right to defend himself. That's why he wasn't ejected.

Comment

• Archer
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

I'm still laughing at the waking a sleeping giant line

As if the Cards have been coasting all year and now they suddenly decided to play because Cueto kicked somebody.

Comment

• mcstl25
          M-Castle
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Cueto was pinned up against the backstop by half the Cardinal roster, he had every right to defend himself. That's why he wasn't ejected.
          Actually, he was pinned up against the backstop by mostly his own players. Regardless, even if he was surrounded by all Cardinal players, does that really justify kicking people in the face with small daggers on your shoes? You're really off your rocker on this one.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Dude, he's fucking falling back into a screen with 40 dudes collapsing on him, there's no way to throw a punch without anything to brace yourself on.

I don't condone kicking dudes in the face with spikes, if that's what actually happened, but I can see why he would put his legs up for defense.

Unless you throw a mean right cross while leaning on a mesh net as you get surrounded by 40 people, STFU.

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

The Cardinals are bitch made that's for sure. LOL at this:

I love this, from ESPN’s story on the brawl: “La Russa wasn’t happy with Phillips’ comment and mentioned it to Reds general manager Walt Jocketty, who worked with him in St. Louis.”

Let me translate that for you: “LaRussa wasn’t happy with being called a whiner, so he went and whined to Walt Jocketty.”

Good grief. These idiots can’t help themselves, can they? I don’t commonly use the term Brandon Phillips used, but there really is no better, more descriptive term for the Cardinals, is there?
              I love this, from ESPN’s story on the brawl: “La Russa wasn’t happy with Phillips’ comment and mentioned it to Reds general manager Walt Jocketty, who worked with him in St. Louis.” Let me translate that for you: “LaRussa wasn’t happy with being called a whiner, so he went and whined to Walt Jocketty.” Good […]

Comment

• mcstl25
                M-Castle
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
                Dude, he's fucking falling back into a screen with 40 dudes collapsing on him, there's no way to throw a punch without anything to brace yourself on.

I don't condone kicking dudes in the face with spikes, if that's what actually happened, but I can see why he would put his legs up for defense.

Unless you throw a mean right cross while leaning on a mesh net as you get surrounded by 40 people, STFU.
                You guys act like the guy was in the a dark corner of a cave with 40 barbarians coming after him. The point is there was no reason to kick, punch, bite or anything. It's not like they were in some huge brawl, it was for the most part a bunch of pushing and arguing. There were at least 10 other players pinned up against the wall that somehow managed to survive the apparently life threatening situation they were in.

And you clearly did not see event, because there is a difference between "putting his legs up in defense" and kicking people as hard as you can. Ask Jason Larue's face.

Comment

• Blade
                  Walking SAM site
                  • Feb 2009

Chris Carpenter's a punk. First he flips on Brendan Ryan, just fucking pitch asswipe. You have a Cy Young, that's awesome, now keep pitching like one.

Then obviously he said something so incendiary that he pissed off Scott Freaking Rolen! I don't think in all his years in Philly, Rolen ever flipped like that about anything. Hell, that was his biggest criticism in the Philly media, amongst fans and from Larry Bowa(then manager)

It takes a lot for Rolen to go off, and obviously Carpenter said something to release the anger from a giant of a man.

Screw Carpenter.

Comment

• Blade
                    Walking SAM site
                    • Feb 2009

Also whoever said Carpenter was going at it like man is full of shit. The dude whines about some guy's glove one day, gives up a hit and he blames the SS. He then follows that up by being late to the party in the brawl, hangs on the perimeter of the fight and says something so incendiary and despicable that he pisses off one of the most mild mannered, even keeled and respected players in the game.

I was so wishing that Rolen would rip his fucking head off.

Comment

• mcstl25
                      M-Castle
                      • Feb 2009

Rolen and Carpenter are good friends - their scrum was more like two brothers going at it. Carpenter probably knew which button to push. Rolen should consider himself lucky that Carpenter didn't take the same karate class as Cueto.

A lot of Cardinal hate on this forum. I never knew. Lovin it since usually all I have to talk about are the shitty Rams.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

You guys act like the guy was in the a dark corner of a cave with 40 barbarians coming after him. The point is there was no reason to kick, punch, bite or anything. It's not like they were in some huge brawl, it was for the most part a bunch of pushing and arguing. There were at least 10 other players pinned up against the wall that somehow managed to survive the apparently life threatening situation they were in.

And you clearly did not see event, because there is a difference between "putting his legs up in defense" and kicking people as hard as you can. Ask Jason Larue's face.
                        Considering it was the Cardinals acting like immature little bitches that started all this, I'm gonna render your whole argument moot.

Cueto can kick someone in the face if he wants to, it's self defense. If you feel you're in danger, do what you gotta do. It's a bitch way to fight, sure. But he didn't start the fight did he?

If the Cards don't want shit to happen, they shouldn't catch feelings when a division rival says he doesn't like them. (I mean isn't what Phillips said exactly how a ball player is supposed to feel about a division rival during a pennant race? I'm amazed that LaRussa and co. took such offense to what should've already been obvious. Ask Brian McCann if he likes the Phillies. Ask Adrian Gonzalez if he likes the Giants. Ask Joe Mauer if he likes the Tigers. Ask Jeter if he likes the Sawx/Rays...I mean come on guys this is a competitive game for a reason.)

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Anyone have a stream of the game?

Comment

• mcstl25
                            M-Castle
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
                            Considering it was the Cardinals acting like immature little bitches that started all this, I'm gonna render your whole argument moot.

Cueto can kick someone in the face if he wants to, it's self defense. If you feel you're in danger, do what you gotta do. It's a bitch way to fight, sure. But he didn't start the fight did he?

If the Cards don't want shit to happen, they shouldn't catch feelings when a division rival says he doesn't like them. (I mean isn't what Phillips said exactly how a ball player is supposed to feel about a division rival during a pennant race? I'm amazed that LaRussa and co. took such offense to what should've already been obvious. Ask Brian McCann if he likes the Phillies. Ask Adrian Gonzalez if he likes the Giants. Ask Joe Mauer if he likes the Tigers. Ask Jeter if he likes the Sawx/Rays...I mean come on guys this is a competitive game for a reason.)
                            It doesn't even sound like you watched the game. Do you even know how the shoving match started? Phillips can say whatever he wants, nobody cares because stupid, moronic comments are expected from an idiot like Phillips. However, if Phillips wants to run his mouth: 1) don't tap the catcher on the shin guard as a friendly gesture like nothing ever happened; 2) do a better job of backing up your talk.

I admit, I was a little worried about the Reds heading into this series. But, the Reds have shown their true colors with two embarrassing performances. Biggest series in Cincy in over a decade and this is how the team responds. Cards win the central easy.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

It doesn't even sound like you watched the game. Do you even know how the shoving match started?
                              Um yeah, they only showed it 40 times on ESPN and MLB Network. And why the fuck would I watch a Cardinals-Reds game when there's a Braves game on at the same time?

But yeah, I saw how it happened. Phillips walked into the batters box, harmlessly tapped the opposing catcher's shin guards like he does before EVERY GAME, and then Molina disrupted the action by getting out of his stance and jawing at B-Phil.

From there, it escalated. But essentially, it was because LaRussa and the Cards to what Phillips said to the press. My question is, why do they fucking care if he doesn't like them? He's not supposed to like them and they aren't supposed to like him. Buncha fucking babies if they're gonna get all out of sorts about a harmless shin tap.

I admit, I was a little worried about the Reds heading into this series. But, the Reds have shown their true colors with two embarrassing performances. Biggest series in Cincy in over a decade and this is how the team responds. Cards win the central easy.
                              I don't know about that one. Cincy has a pretty solid team this year, and this Cardinals bunch isn't exactly a juggernaut, especially when you consider Votto is producing as well or better than Pujols this year, and how deep the Cincy staff/pen/farm is.

Cards probably will win it, but to think it will be easy is a slap in the face of logic and is discounting the last 4 months of baseball.

Comment

• Goober
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Feb 2009

And Rasmus hits a grand slam. Damn.

Comment

Working...