Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Will the cardinals please fucking trade Colby Rasmus so i can start him on my fantasy team?!

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      Larry, just stop.

He's been trying to play the OF for months now. He's terrible at it.

If Alonso could effectively play LF, he'd be doing it for the Reds right now. The Reds are desperate for an everyday LF right now who can hit.
      You're an idiot.

He's played fine in the OF. Not overly rangy, but he's been just fine.

Find me one error he's made in the OF. Find me something that shows he's "been terrible" playing the OF.

Go.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        You're an idiot.

He's played fine in the OF. Not overly rangy, but he's been just fine.

Find me one error he's made in the OF. Find me something that shows he's "been terrible" playing the OF.

Go.
        Sigh.

Since neither you nor I watch the Louisville Bats on a regular basis, let's rely on the scouting reports, which are universally critical of his OF play.

Originally posted by Baseball America
        Playing in Rochester yesterday, Alonso hit a home run, a triple and a double yesterday, taking his averages up to .313/.362/.530 through 30 games. At 24, Alonso has a good approach, uses the middle of the field and has the power to hit 20-plus home runs. Alonso's defense isn't Raul Ibanez/Lance Berkman bad, but he's still a slow-footed outfielder and a defensive liability.
        Alonso could be an adequate first baseman, but the Reds have been trying him in left field, hoping that he can fake it out there and come up to the big leagues to steady the revolving door of garbage (apologies to Chris Heisey, who I think is pretty good) they have up there. They even tried him at third base but that went horribly, to put it mildly. Alonso is slow of foot and is obviously uncomfortable in the outfield. Even the most routine fly balls look like an adventure. He does have an above average arm for a left fielder, but it’s more likely that he’s a first baseman only.
        Alonso is a 1B. Period. His bat is MLB ready, that is universally agreed. If he was a competent LF, he'd be on the big league team right now.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Here's more, this time from Prospect Junkies:

Stuck behind NL MVP Joey Votto at first base, the Reds experimented with Alonso in left field in both AA and AAA last season to the tune of 30 total games. Alonso made one error and had an impressive 4 assists as an outfielder, but he's just not fast enough to play out there at the MLB level.

DEFENSE: The Reds have tried Alonso at third base and left field and there's no denying that he's a first baseman and nothing more. While he's not fast, he's athletic enough that he could develop into an above average defender at first base.

He doesn't even play a good 1B, he's no OF.

Comment

• Goober
            Needs a hobby
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
            Will the cardinals please fucking trade Colby Rasmus so i can start him on my fantasy team?!
            Boy that trade turned out shitty for you. :lolwut:

I'm still a faggot though :smug2:

Comment

• Slateman
              • Apr 2009

Welcome to life as a trade target, Peter Bourjos. The Nationals have expressed interest in the Angels' outfielder, according to Bill Ladson …

Nats are interested in Peter Bourjos

What do the Halos need?
              The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
              As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
              If only I had died instead of you
              O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• StealthShot
                Eat it
                • Oct 2008

When will the first big trade happen?

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                  aka Reece
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
                  The trade in question is not Mesaraco and another P or whatever. They are asking for HEISEY and CHAPMAN. Heisey has the chance to be an every day starter in LF with gold glove caliber defense. And who knows how high the ceiling on Chapman is. Giving up Mesoraco and Alonso is not the problem, we are willing to do that. Its giving up 2 big pieces of our CURRENT Major League roster that is just stupid.
                  Heisey can't crack the LF rotation of Lewis/Gomes? lulz....
                  Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                  Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Chrispy
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Dec 2008

Reds trade OF Jonny Gomes and cash to Nationals for 2 minor leaguers.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
                      Heisey can't crack the LF rotation of Lewis/Gomes? lulz....
                      No, Gomes is the guy who barely plays now.

Heisey gets the most rub, he mostly plays LF but also plays CF and RF when Stubbs or Bruce have the night off. Lewis plays against soft tossing RHP's because Heisey is a fastball hitter.

Comment

• StealthShot
                        Eat it
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cpollack09
                        Don't get the move for the Nationals.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
                          No, Gomes is the guy who barely plays now.

Heisey gets the most rub, he mostly plays LF but also plays CF and RF when Stubbs or Bruce have the night off. Lewis plays against soft tossing RHP's because Heisey is a fastball hitter.
                          LOL, there you go.

Alonso is being called up.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Sigh.

Since neither you nor I watch the Louisville Bats on a regular basis, let's rely on the scouting reports, which are universally critical of his OF play.

Alonso is a 1B. Period. His bat is MLB ready, that is universally agreed. If he was a competent LF, he'd be on the big league team right now.
                            I'm not going off "scouting reports"...I don't need to read them to know he isn't a rangy OF'r, but he's fine, and has played fine there this year.

Hasn't committed a single error all year in the OF, and over, what would be a half season of duty, in his career, in the OF, has one error. Flawless F% this year. Low range number, but, duh...

You put him in the OF just to get his bat in the lineup...lulz @ range at left field. C'mon shun. We talkin' baseball.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              I'm not going off "scouting reports"...I don't need to read them to know he isn't a rangy OF'r, but he's fine, and has played fine there this year.

Hasn't committed a single error all year in the OF, and over, what would be a half season of duty, in his career, in the OF, has one error. Flawless F% this year. Low range number, but, duh...

You put him in the OF just to get his bat in the lineup...lulz @ range at left field. C'mon shun. We talkin' baseball.
                              Well we're going to find out, because Gomes is gone and Alonso is being called up to presumably take some of the LF AB's.

sidenote-and c'mon larry, lol @ not going off scouting reports when you've never laid eyes on the guy playing OF. You're better than that.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Gammons reported the Indians offered to take on Beltran's contract AND offer up a good player but Beltran declined the potential move.

He wants a ring.

Comment

Working...