Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MVPete
    Chris Davis is pulling everything into the shift, he isn't doing ANYTHING. Idc if Pearce is pull happy, he can man first if Davis is truly hurt. I believe Davis has even said he isn't fully recovered from that, he was off the DL right on the date he was up so who knows. You don't have to be inside the O's clubhouse to know he isn't this bad. They can only hope that he heals up well during the break, because they will need him in the 2nd half.
    I'm not arguing that Pearce is pulling, that's not my concern. He's been great this year, and I love having him hitting second because both he and Markakis can work the count. The two of them have gotten pitchers off to bad starts in more than a few games. I agree that Davis should be resting, as the oblique injuries always tend to linger. The point about Davis is that he's rarely going opposite field this year, because him using left field was always an indication when he was hitting well and comfortable at the plate. He's still hurting, and that's an indicator of it. I don't know why the club still has Davis out there playing each day.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Appears that Davis is getting yet another day off, with Pearce starting at first this afternoon.

In other news, Alfonso Soriano was just designated for assignment.

Comment

• DDRGuido
        gx
        • Feb 2009

Masterson place on the 15-Day DL for knee inflammation. 2014 isn't going his way at all. His last 3 outings have been all under 4 IP.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Orioles and Rays are red-hot and Toronto just lost Encarnacion and Lind to the DL, tough luck for them during the pre ASG stretch.

Comment

• MVPete
            Old School
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Orioles and Jays are red-hot and Toronto just lost Encarnacion and Lind to the DL, tough luck for them during the pre ASG stretch.

Comment

• Price
              Lets Tessellate
              • Oct 2012

Blue Jays have lost 7 of their last 10 unless you mis-wrote that.

edit- I see now.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Price
                Blue Jays have lost 7 of their last 10 unless you mis-wrote that.
                Meant Rays in that context......thought Pete would be commenting more on that instead of making fun of my typo

Comment

• MVPete
                  Old School
                  • Mar 2008

Oh ok that makes more sense. Idk why the Jays haven't traded for something yet, they were hot shit and are now only 3 games over .500.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MVPete
                    Oh ok that makes more sense. Idk why the Jays haven't traded for something yet, they were hot shit and are now only 3 games over .500.
                    Samardzija would have been a perfect fit for them I think. My guess is they scouted him heavily, didn't offer him enough and now they are scrambling to play catch up.

Comment

• Slateman
                      • Apr 2009

Here is the preseason assessment of Rendon from Mike Podhorzer at Fangraphs:

Anthony Rendon

My Rank: 20 | Consensus: 15

Real glad he showed up here. I don’t get it. He’s getting some sleeper love, and frankly it makes little sense to me. He’s slated to hit eighth, which is the worst possible spot to hit in if you’re a National Leaguer and he has seemingly little chance of moving up much given the names ahead of him. He has no speed and shouldn’t be expected to be a major positive contributor to your batting average.

So, you’re really hoping he enjoys a power breakout. Heck, he must do so to deliver any value whatsoever, since his runs scored and batted in totals are going to be underwhelming out of that eighth slot. His batted ball distance last year was just about league average, as was his xHR/FB rate. The good news is that suggests a nice spike from what he posted last year. The bad news is that even if he doubles his home run output, or gets into the high teens, that still makes him close to replacement level in mixed leagues.
                      #VoteRendon
                      Last edited by Slateman; 07-10-2014, 12:23 PM.
                      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                      If only I had died instead of you
                      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Nevermind
                        Pewter
                        • Oct 2008

8bud-mlb-nose.jpg

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Colby Lewis: 13 runs/11 earned, 13 hits over 2 2/3 innings. That is too terrible for words.

Comment

• Slateman
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                            Colby Lewis: 13 runs/11 earned, 13 hits over 2 2/3 innings. That is too terrible for words.
                            Why did they leave him out there so long?
                            The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                            As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                            If only I had died instead of you
                            O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• DDRGuido
                              gx
                              • Feb 2009

If you have DTV, MLB Extra Innings is free till the 24th.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

The only thing missing is the ashtray that was in the wooden leg

Comment

Working...