X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rush
    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Official Chicago Bears Forum Thread

The Bears have parted ways with Mike Brown & Marty Booker. Mike Brown was one of the best safeties in the NFL when he was healthy, sucks that his injury rating in real life was higher then his counterpart in Madden, which should have been 100.

Booker didn't do shit for us this season except for that one long touchdown grab against the lions that sportscenter played over & over the following monday.

Hopefully we go after a CB or WR in the 1st round of the draft. Chris Williams should be healthy so our O-Line should have a nice anchor on it.
  • MRN
    MRNeverwearthesamething
    • Nov 2008

So I guess Daniel Manning will get his chance at FS, should be interesting.

Comment

• zack54attack
      Posts a lot
      • Dec 2008

Im sad to see Mike go... but o well. We need A WR first round.

BTW, hey Fred...Nice to see ya here.

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

If the Bears don't get a WR in teh first 2 rounds I'll scream bloody murder. They need to go after a guy who is around 6'2 or 6'3 and can win jump balls. They haven't had a legit red zone threat since Marcus Robinson.

Comment

• Saluki
          Ball So Hard
          • Oct 2008

Bears won't go CB in the 1st round, prob not 2nd either. They drafted CBs in the 3rd or higher the last two years, they really like bowman and McBride who both got hurt this season, if they do draft a CB then it'll be late,
          Manning sucks at saftey which is why they put Steltz at FS when Brown got hurt instead of him, so he'll prob be in the nickle like he was at the start of the season. Remember that McGowan was on IR most of the season, he'll be starting opposite of Payne or Steltz next season depending on who has a better off season.
          John Tait is retiring, so that bumps up their need for another lineman, if for no other reason than for depth, big hole at WR tho so i gotta agree that they need to take one in the 1st, unless their aiming for a solid 2nd round guy like Robiskie.

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Give me Hakeem Nicks or Ramses Barden in Round 1 or Round 2.

Please Jerry Angelo. Please.

They have to WR in one of these spots and IMO the other Rd 1 or Rd 2 pick that isnt a WR will be on the DL or OL.
            Last edited by FirstTimer; 02-23-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Griswald
              They'll get a solid WR in free agency or try for one in the draft - Lovie wants nothing more than to see Orton succeed, and Angelo wants to throw him a bone, in the form of a talented WR. Personally, a solid DL, OL, or WR in the first round would make me more than happy. But yeah, we need a WR some how - can't start 2009 without getting at least two more, and one of them needs to be proven good.
              I hope the Bears do see it this way because I was driving to work this morning and nearly swerved off the road listening to Mully and Hanley on 670WSCR. Mully, I think was the one who said it, but said he was "very happy" with who we have at WR right now. WHAT?????!!!

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Griswald
                We lost our best (arguably) WR from last year - and that man was Brandon Lloyd - how could it be much worse? Lol. I love Hester, and I think he'll be a great WR, but at this point, I think he's getting a little too much credit from Bears media and coaching staff. He doesn't have the size to be a number one receiver, but he will be lethal underneath. We REALLY need someone, preferably about 6'4" that can jump like MJ and play like Payton - that'd free up Devin too. Lots could change with just one solid WR.

I think a big WR at like 6'3-6'4 that can be a red zone threat and move Earl Bennett into the #2 role and have Devin be a #2/#3/slot guy. It would free him up alot. Also you still have two very good tight ends and an excellent emerging RB in Forte.

On a side note I have NO faith in Hester ever becoming a #1 WR.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                  Jus' bout dat action boss
                  • Feb 2009

It wouldn't surprise me if you guys bring back Bobby Engram .. cause I don't think Seattle is bringing him back.
                  Originally posted by ram29jackson
                  I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                    It wouldn't surprise me if you guys bring back Bobby Engram .. cause I don't think Seattle is bringing him back.
                    BLETCH!

It wouldn't shock me either. The Bears have a habit of making their "major" WR signing a guy who is past their prime, slow, and not a difference maker....see Moose Muahamed, Marty Booker..... Keeping that in mind it wouldn't surprise me to see Amani Toomer in a Bears uniform next year.
                    Last edited by FirstTimer; 02-23-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Saluki
                      Ball So Hard
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
                      I think a big WR at like 6'3-6'4 that can be a red zone threat and move Earl Bennett into the #2 role and have Devin be a #2/#3/slot guy. It would free him up alot. Also you still have two very good tight ends and an excellent emerging RB in Forte.

On a side note I have NO faith in Hester ever becoming a #1 WR.
                      Unless Bennett Makes HUGE strides in training camp and preseason this year he won't be more than a #3 WR, he was so unpolished this season he was on the bench behind, Booker/Hester/Lloyd/Davis and fighting just to get on the feild with Rideau and Aramashadou(spl?) Really they only need 1 WR since Olsen is esentially the 3rd or 4th WR in passing situations anyway, So if a guy like Crabtree or Harvin or maybe even Howard-Bey falls they might take him, if not i see them being forced to try to go get Houshmanzadeh or Antonio Bryant

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Saluki
                        Unless Bennett Makes HUGE strides in training camp and preseason this year he won't be more than a #3 WR, he was so unpolished this season he was on the bench behind, Booker/Hester/Lloyd/Davis and fighting just to get on the feild with Rideau and Aramashadou(spl?) Really they only need 1 WR since Olsen is esentially the 3rd or 4th WR in passing situations anyway, So if a guy like Crabtree or Harvin or maybe even Howard-Bey falls they might take him, if not i see them being forced to try to go get Houshmanzadeh or Antonio Bryant
                        I don't know what it is but the Bears had their head up their asses about Bennett. They need to seriously reevaluate the entire scouting department if you spend a 3rd Rd pick on a guy that didn't even see a pass thrown his way until week 17. Bennett should have walked into training camp last year as the #2 or #3 WR on that team. Rashied Davis, Marty Booker, and Brandon Lloyd were/are all hot garbage.

The biggest complaint on Bennett was his needing to get accilmated to the speed of the NFL before he saw the field...what do the Bears then do? Put him on special teams coverage chasing down some of the other teams fastest players. Idiotic.

At a certain point the best way to get a player use to the NFL is to PLAY him.

Comment

• Saluki
                          Ball So Hard
                          • Oct 2008

I don't know what it is but the Bears had their head up their asses about Bennett. They need to seriously reevaluate the entire scouting department if you spend a 3rd Rd pick on a guy that didn't even see a pass thrown his way until week 17. Bennett should have walked into training camp last year as the #2 or #3 WR on that team. Rashied Davis, Marty Booker, and Brandon Lloyd were/are all hot garbage.

The biggest complaint on Bennett was his needing to get accilmated to the speed of the NFL before he saw the field...what do the Bears then do? Put him on special teams coverage chasing down some of the other teams fastest players. Idiotic.

At a certain point the best way to get a player use to the NFL is to PLAY him.
                          Ya i def agree they need to revamp their entire scouting crew, i'm suspicous of bennet though, cuz even when Lloyd got hurt we still didn't see Bennett very much at all, they must be seeing something in practice that they REALLY don't like about him if he can't start in this WR core.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Saluki
                            Ya i def agree they need to revamp their entire scouting crew, i'm suspicous of bennet though, cuz even when Lloyd got hurt we still didn't see Bennett very much at all, they must be seeing something in practice that they REALLY don't like about him if he can't start in this WR core.
                            But see, last season with Beekman they didn't play him at all and then all of a sudden this year Beekman is the starter. Did he go from suck to good over an offseason with no play? I doubt it. The Bears coaching staff is too damn stubborn and set in their ways to make a change. I mean as shaky on Bennett as they may be I can't see him being any worse than Davis was the last 3/4's of the year.

The kid needed to see the field.

I'm also excited to see the effect Miranelli has on the defensive line. Maybe he can get Mark Anderson right after a few down seasons.

Comment

• Saluki
                              Ball So Hard
                              • Oct 2008

But see, last season with Beekman they didn't play him at all and then all of a sudden this year Beekman is the starter. Did he go from suck to good over an offseason with no play? I doubt it. The Bears coaching staff is too damn stubborn and set in their ways to make a change. I mean as shaky on Bennett as they may be I can't see him being any worse than Davis was the last 3/4's of the year.

The kid needed to see the field.

I'm also excited to see the effect Miranelli has on the defensive line. Maybe he can get Mark Anderson right after a few down seasons.
                              Lineman and WR is like apples and oranges, you can't compair the two. Rookies rarely start on the O-line

Comment

Working...