X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RainboUnicorn
    No Homo
    • Nov 2008

I don't want Harvin. I'll take Nicks.

From what I read somewhere Garrett Wolfe Is expected to have a bigger role this year as the #2 RB.

Comment

• corbin
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by RainboUnicorn
      I don't want Harvin. I'll take Nicks.

From what I read somewhere Garrett Wolfe Is expected to have a bigger role this year as the #2 RB.
      I've been waiting forever for Wolfe to get a legit shot. He's shown he has talent at the college level but hasn't been given a shot since hitting the pro level.

Also, I think it may be poor move if they pay Housh all that money. I would rather build through the draft for much cheaper.

Their is so much depth at WR this year in the draft, its ridiculous. Darrius Heyward-Bey would be a decent pick for the Bears. Just my opinion.

Comment

• zack54attack
        Posts a lot
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Imahussla
        I want the Bears to move Peanut to FS and get another free agent CB

They have already said that Peanut will stay at CB

Comment

• Saluki
          Ball So Hard
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
          Yeah because we saw what all the "veteren presence" of Marty Booker, Brandon Llyod, and Rashied Davis did for us last year. "Veteren presence" my ass. We just need better damn players whether they are rookies or are Red Grange back from the dead. Fact is this team isn't built to win next year. We can't go out and get what we need right away so we might as well start planning for 2-3 years down the road. Get some young guys, get them playing time and let them mature and grow.

Yeah I posted the Omilaye signing earlier this morning. He'll be our starting right tackle.

Wow, talk about contradiction at it's finest... Tou build for the future you HAVE to play unproven guys. And frankly unless you are one of the top few WR's on the Bears you don't see the field much because we use so many two TE's sets and use Greg Olsen all over the place in passing formations as well.
          You don't wanna take a team that was one game out of the playoffs and put them in the hands of what would essentially be two rookie WRs.

And how can u compare Marty Booker, rashied Davis, and Brandon Lloyd, 3 WRs who have hardly ever been succesfull to a guy like Harrison who, even though he isn't as good as he was, could bring invaluble input and veteran leadership to a team, or a back to back 1000 yard WR like Housh? Those guys arn't even in the same ballpark. Name one team were they started Day one with their #1 WR being a rookie, and was successful?
          This team is ready to win next year, they just need a few pieces 9-7 is hardly the time to take your team into rebuilding mode.

Comment

• Saluki
            Ball So Hard
            • Oct 2008

While this is true I just said they should do this its a helluva idea, my eyes lit up while i was listening to the radio when they said this. I mean its easier to find a CB than a FS nowadays anyway. Peanut is a Ball hawker, Nasty Nate cant stay healthy as much nor is he as strong as Peanut so moving him would do nothing. I say move him to your number 1, bump corey graham up to number 2 and find a good nickel back and your good. Corey is a really good corner.
            Tho it may be easy to find a CB, it isn't easy to find a GOOD CB that plays well with your system, as the Raiders found out with Dante Hall last season. Tillman is too small to play saftey anyway, he'd need to put on almost 20 lbs for how much the bears play their safties up in the box.
            Daniel Manning is more than likely gunna be the nickle, they like him there way more than at saftey, hopefully they deal vasher, because like u said they have Graham, but they also have Bowman and McBride, both of whom they like alot. There are some pretty good FS out there, but they might try to give Steltz a shot and see how he does in camp, they Drafted him to be the eventual successor to Brown anyway.

Comment

• Saluki
              Ball So Hard
              • Oct 2008

Orton can be the guy, but two things hindered him last season. He was playing hurt, he sat out only 1 game when he was supposed to miss a month, and his WRs were waaaaay under par. He makes good decisions with the ball, and throws pretty accurately, the only question mark really is his arm strength.

Comment

• zack54attack
                Posts a lot
                • Dec 2008

you know i could get killed for saying this but I really like Rex,

last season (07-08) he didnt succeed well because the play calling for him was designed for the long ball, and deep drops. Deep drops wasnt going to work when you had a depleted o-line one of the O-lineman cant remember the name off top of my head right now was playin like shit blocking with head down and just playing horribly while another was playing with a separated shoulder for most of the season. Olin Kreutz said he (the guy I cant remember atm) would rest his shoulder on him a lot while attempting to block. Rex could be a really good QB with the right work, and people behind him. The city rode him really hard and it was a shame that they did him that way.
                I liked Rex too.... But the time has come to let go..

Comment

• Saluki
                  Ball So Hard
                  • Oct 2008

you know i could get killed for saying this but I really like Rex,

last season (07-08) he didnt succeed well because the play calling for him was designed for the long ball, and deep drops. Deep drops wasnt going to work when you had a depleted o-line one of the O-lineman cant remember the name off top of my head right now was playin like shit blocking with head down and just playing horribly while another was playing with a separated shoulder for most of the season. Olin Kreutz said he (the guy I cant remember atm) would rest his shoulder on him a lot while attempting to block. Rex could be a really good QB with the right work, and people behind him. The city rode him really hard and it was a shame that they did him that way.
                  I wanted Rex to do well so bad, but he just doesn't make good decisions with the football. He does a couple of things that cause alot of turnovers.
                  1) Have u noticed Grossman fumbles ALOT? He often holds onto the ball too long, and won't tuck it as he's getting sacked.
                  2) He hardly ever steps into his throws, even Troy Aikman was talking about it when he covered the Bears games, he often throws off his back foot, making his balls way less accurate and trying to depend on his arm strength too much.

Something else that even he said he does is when he comes to the bench, instead of discussing what he saw on the field, he likes to go and sit with his own thoughts, which ultimately hurts him because he isn't learning from his mistakes, so he makes the same ones over and over again, You guys are Bears fans, so i know you've been watching the games and Rex doesn't seem to have changed his game very much, while Orton isn't an amazing QB you can't deny that he's shown huge improvement from where he was even at the start of the season.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
                    No Homo
                    • Nov 2008

The reason people like Rex is because when he was good he was GOOD. And he could actually throw the ball 30 yards downfield.

I liked him and I wished he could have played better. He had a few chances to redeem himself and he couldn't do it. It's not his physical ability hes lacking its all between the ears.

On the other hand its Orton who has good decision making and not as good of skills as Grossman.

Orton played pretty well the first part of the season before he got hurt. If he can get the deep ball down he would be very good.

Comment

• Saluki
                      Ball So Hard
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by RainboUnicorn
                      The reason people like Rex is because when he was good he was GOOD. And he could actually throw the ball 30 yards downfield.

I liked him and I wished he could have played better. He had a few chances to redeem himself and he couldn't do it. It's not his physical ability hes lacking its all between the ears.

On the other hand its Orton who has good decision making and not as good of skills as Grossman.

Orton played pretty well the first part of the season before he got hurt. If he can get the deep ball down he would be very good.
                      Cade McNown had a rocket arm too. You see how far it got him lol.

Comment

• zack54attack
                        Posts a lot
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Saluki
                        Cade McNown had a rocket arm too. You see how far it got him lol.
                        yeah he got Griswald to buy his jersey....:2thumbs:

Comment

• Saluki
                          Ball So Hard
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by zack54attack
                          yeah he got Griswald to buy his jersey....:2thumbs:

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

You don't wanna take a team that was one game out of the playoffs and put them in the hands of what would essentially be two rookie WRs.
                            Why not? This team needs to at some point build for the future on offfense. We let go our #1 WR last year and replaced him with a guy who was essentially a rookie WR in Hester. Why not do it again this year but with better players?

Any combination of rookies/2nd year guys we start and play will be better than Booker, Lloyd, and Davis. Hell, how could they be any worse?

And how can u compare Marty Booker, rashied Davis, and Brandon Lloyd, 3 WRs who have hardly ever been succesfull to a guy like Harrison who, even though he isn't as good as he was, could bring invaluble input and veteran leadership to a team, or a back to back 1000 yard WR like Housh?
                            1. Harrison left Indy because he wants more money. Why would we want to bring in a broken down WR for a shit ton of money if we aren't even sure he will be a valubale on the field asset? I don't want to pay they type of money Harrison would demand for a player to be the Dhali Llama. Booker was supposed to be thatlast year when we brought him in on a small contract and it obviously didn't help much.

2. Housh would be the best fit for the offense both age wise and what we are looking for as far as a WR opposite Hester, the problem is Housh is the best WR on the market and we would have to break the bank for him. Not a smart move.

The bottom line at WR is fuck a "veteren presence" we just need better players. The reason you have coaches is so that they teach the players.

Those guys arn't even in the same ballpark. Name one team were they started Day one with their #1 WR being a rookie, and was successful?
                            1998 Minnesota Vikings. Randy Moss. There's one.

69-1313yds-17TDs Pro Bowl and All Pro.

I know you were responding to my idea of having a rookie #1 but the Bears #1 right now is Devin Hester. 600yds and 3 TD's. That's our #1 WR. At this point I could care less if our #1 is 21-23 years old and has never played in the NFL. We need a legit #1 guy(or at least someone who can progress into that role) and if the Bears go WR in the 1st round they must think he has the potential to be a #1.

This team is ready to win next year, they just need a few pieces 9-7 is hardly the time to take your team into rebuilding mode.
                            Ready to win next year? They are going to have a rebuilt OL, have serious questions at WR, OL, DL, CB, and Safety and they are going to be ready to win next year? Wow, take off the orange and blue colored glasses. This team has a lot of holes and I'd rather see them build for the future than make dumb ass signings to try and win next year.
                            Last edited by FirstTimer; 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
                              No Homo
                              • Nov 2008

Darren Sharper

If he leaves new orleans without a deal it is likely he will visit Halas Hall for a meeting with the Bears

Comment

• Rush
                                vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

I am pissed the Bears aren't even in the DISCUSSION of most of these free agents. It's like JA doesn't give a fuck at all.

Comment

Working...