Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Champ
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

Need the Lions, Packers and Redskins to win. 8.5% chance of making the playoffs. Fuck the Giants right now.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Champ
      Need the Lions, Packers and Redskins to win. 8.5% chance of making the playoffs. Fuck the Giants right now.
      just about all NFC contenders is hoping for that..........nobody wants Dallas to win unless you Dallas fan.
      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Rayman
        Spic 'n Spanish
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
        just about all NFC contenders is hoping for that..........nobody wants Dallas to win unless you Dallas fan.
        So, it's a normal week, then?

Comment

• Champ
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

Those are the only QBs in the history of the NFL to throw for more TD passes than Eli Manning in his first 9 seasons... Only Peyton and Marino have thrown for more yards. I found this mildly surprising although not stunning at all. In the "counting stats", Eli's durability has served him very well and continues to. From an efficiency standpoint, his career numbers are nothing special. But theres no reason why he shouldn't retire in the top 5-6 in all the major passing categories

TD passes in first 9 seasons (games started in parenthesis)

1. Peyton 275 (144)
          2. Marino 266 (133)
          3. Favre 235 (125)
          4. Eli 206 (134)

Yards passing

1. Peyton 37,586
          2. Marino 35,386
          3. Eli 31,319

Comment

• jeffx
            • Jun 2009

I'm so angry over how this season turned out. Giants HAD it and threw it all away.

Besides the secondary, Reese has to upgrade the LB corps too.

Comment

• DJ Rhude
              #42 G.O.A.T.
              • Feb 2009

Besides the games against the Niners and Packers the defense hasn't played well all season....I suppose we should've have seen it coming but the offense was able to compensate....once our O went into the tank, the season went downhill

Even in the game against the Saints I was troubled by how badly the defense played.....if it wasn't for Stevie Brown......

And the game against Dallas when we almost blew the big lead....came within a Dez Bryant fingernail of singing a sad song about our season

And Corey Webster, while he's always been a solid corner, I always thought he was a bit overrated.....his best year was in 2007, but I never had him in the elite corner conversation.....our corners have been so average it made him look a lot better than he was....truth be told, I thought Terrell Thomas was going to be a better corner than Webster....he was much more physical, it's just too bad the knee injuries curtailed his career

With all that, Webster's decline this year has been sudden and came out of nowhere

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Webster had a great year last season, but he's been torched most of this year. No pass rush combined with the injured and overall ineffective secondary was a death knell.

Nicks has played hurt all year (the norm for him, but it seemed to be a bigger problem) and the run game was inconsistent again.

On BBI, they're under the assumption Perry Fewell's contract expires at the end of this season (he got an extension last year or the year before). He'll be a head coach candidate since there should be plenty of jobs available...but I wonder if he'll be brought back either way.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

its Eli's fault...

Comment

• ram29jackson
                    Noob
                    • Nov 2008

see ya next year

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

A loss to Dallas by a touchdown.
                      A loss to Philly by 2 points
                      A loss to Washington by 1 point.

If any one of them went in the win column, the Giants are playoff bound and who knows what happens.

The team never lost more than 2 consecutive games and were blown out 3 times, twice against AFC teams…..all three on the road.

This is no doubt going to be painful to look back on for Coughlin and the coaches. Fewell's deal is up I think but since he's unlikely to get a head coaching gig, it's probably safe to assume he's brought back. (UPDATE) Ralph V confirmed that Fewell's deal ends next year. He was "quietly" given an extension after the Super Bowl win.

SOME FREE AGENTS
                      WR Victor Cruz - restricted, can't imagine them letting him walk
                      WR Domenik Hixon - played well in variety of spots, worth bringing back
                      WR Ramses Barden - sorry Rhude, he's done
                      TE Martellus Bennett - great receiver/blocker, says he wants to be back
                      OT Will Beatty
                      G Kevin Boothe
                      DE Osi Umenyiora - Unlikely Reese & Osi agree on new $$$
                      MLB Chase Blackburn - Can't see them finding a replacement and he knows the system
                      OLB Keith Rivers
                      S Kenny Phillips - Played in about 7 games, makes an impact but can they count on him?
                      S Stevie Brown - If not for all his takeaways, ouch. May compete for starting safety spot this summer
                      K Lawrence Tynes - Most FG's made this year of his career, 8 for 12 from 40+

CANDIDATES FOR CUTS
                      CB Corey Webster - Owed $7M, definitely didn't play like it in 2012
                      OL David Diehl - Owed $4.1M, his best days are behind him
                      DE Justin Tuck - Owed $4.5M, certainly did not play worth that much in 2012
                      LB Michael Boley - Owed $4.25M, big drop off this past season

Giants will draft in the late teens, early 20s range. They haven't addressed the OL with high picks in the draft, and if Osi/Tuck are questionable, obviously a fresh pass rusher could be a priority.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

The big thing I noticed is that the front four, which has always been the Giants strength, really struggled this year. I don't know if it's health, motivation, or just because I watched games where they played against RGIII, but the pressure wasn't there, and for a team really built to pressure the QB, they left the secondary exposed. I definitely think they need to look at the pass-rush and re-evaluate things there for sure, but also Corey Webster took a huge step back. Dude was a turnstile against the Ravens.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                          True Blue
                          • Feb 2009

2013 Schedule

HOME OPPONENTS
                          Washington Redskins
                          Dallas Cowboys
                          Philadelphia Eagles
                          Green Bay Packers
                          Minnesota Vikings
                          Denver Broncos
                          Oakland Raiders
                          Seattle Seahawks

AWAY OPPONENTS
                          Washington Redskins
                          Dallas Cowboys
                          Philadelphia Eagles
                          Chicago Bears
                          Detroit Lions
                          Kansas City Chiefs
                          San Diego Chargers
                          Carolina Panthers

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Eli vs. Peyton, 2013 edition? Prepare for the media onslaught.

Comment

• Champ
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Oct 2008

Giants Finish 31st on Defense in terms of Yards Per Game (383.4)
                              28th against the pass (254.2) and 25th against the run (129.1)

Comment

• jeffx
                                • Jun 2009

Time to retool. Can't afford to be sentimental in the NFL. Giants have to get bigger, younger and faster, especially on the O-line. Say goodbye to Tuck, Diehl, Boley, Webster, Phillips & Osi. Besides the O-line, LB and secondary is a MUST. When was the last great Giant linebacker?

Comment

Working...