The problem with Tony Romo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bringbackjimmy
    • Oct 2008

Top 5 QB's Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Romo....Sorry but stats don't lie and tony stats are better than Rodgers Mcnabb and roethlisber.. Weapons? he has 2 recieving threats Austin and Witen both have all the coverage. Williams Doesn't do shit shit except complain and say he should be used like Larry Fitz.

Sorry you guys have me lost? Romo is crap, but mcnabb is good? that's funny..
    Last edited by bringbackjimmy; 11-17-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• steeljake
      6 rings...
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Derrville
      STFU steeljake, romo clocks in more hours during the week than any other player.
      really? even than peyton? you cowboys homers are king of the idiots.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• bringbackjimmy
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by steeljake75
        how do you know Tony's work ethic?

Comment

• Woy
          RIP West
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bringbackjimmy
          Top 5 QB's Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Romo....Sorry but stats don't lie and tony stats are better than Rodgers Mcnabb and roethlisber.. Weapons? he has 2 recieving threats Austin and Witen both have all the coverage. Williams Doesn't do shit shit except complain and say he should be used like Larry Fitz.

You put Romo over Roethlisberger when he has two rings?

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Derrville
            Dallas has no coaching...
            • Jul 2009

Sorry Steeljoke, i forgot you dont comprehend very well. Romo puts in more hours in the week than anyone on the team. I cant say he does more than Manning because i dont know about Manning. See the logic here? I dont talk about other players because i dont know how much they work. Im sorry that because you write a shitty "article" every few weeks you think you know everything about every team and every player. You amaze me retard.

Comment

• steeljake
              6 rings...
              • Oct 2008

how do you know Tony's work ethic?
              how do you not know that it sucks? all the talking heads talk about romo's lack of focus during the week. and if you read what I wrote I didnt blame him I blamed the staff at dallas for it. who will push him to learn to read coverages? Garret? i doubt that all he wants to do is throw it deep. Who will tell him to check to teh run when he sees an obviuos 8 man zone coming? Not garret or wade, they have orders from JJ to get the ball down the field and score. The cowboys have a three headed monster at running back with choice, jones and barber yet they continue to fail to use them in close games. they have one of the biggest (and oldest for that matter) offensives lines and they obviuos suck at pass protection so why not run it? teams know that all they have to do is cover witten and austion and its a lock and Garret fails to adjust becasue he is an idiot.

I expect this moronic shit from that retard derrville with his constant graons of my posts but come on man, you're better than this.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• steeljake
                6 rings...
                • Oct 2008

Sorry Steeljoke, i forgot you dont comprehend very well. Romo puts in more hours in the week than anyone on the team. I cant say he does more than Manning because i dont know about Manning. See the logic here? I dont talk about other players because i dont know how much they work. Im sorry that because you write a shitty "article" every few weeks you think you know everything about every team and every player. You amaze me retard.
                hmmm... let's quickly review what you wrote...

STFU steeljake, romo clocks in more hours during the week than any other player.
                i dont see the word team inthere do you? and how do you knwo how many hours he clocks? you on teh dallas staff now? I didnt know they needed another fluffer... You are mad that I put the Cowboys in the Ugly, and after the way they played against a sorry Packers team they deserved it. Only a blind moronic homer like you cant see that. I don't claim to know everything, but knowing that Romo has talent but a poor work ethic is common knowledge.

Comment

• steeljake
                  6 rings...
                  • Oct 2008

well, actaully since you brought up stats...

currently the top five qb's are:

Peyton Manning
                  Tom Brady
                  Matt Schaub
                  Drew Brees
                  Kurt Warner

Rivers is 6th with Ben at 7 and Romo at number 8. I dont know who said McNasty is better, tho i think he is, but he missed 2 or 3 games this year and still has two less int's than Romo and just 2 fewer td's and he has less talent on offense and a horrid o-line.
                  Last edited by steeljake; 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Derrville
                    • Jul 2009

hmmm... let's quickly review what you wrote...

i dont see the word team inthere do you? and how do you knwo how many hours he clocks? you on teh dallas staff now? I didnt know they needed another fluffer... You are mad that I put the Cowboys in the Ugly, and after the way they played against a sorry Packers team they deserved it. Only a blind moronic homer like you cant see that. I don't claim to know everything, but knowing that Romo has talent but a poor work ethic is common knowledge.
                    Did you see this?
                    Sorry Steeljoke, i forgot you dont comprehend very well.
                    See proved my point you are a tard. And lol ya Steeldike, i care that you put the Cowboys in the Ugly in your shitty article that no one cares about. Get real, man lol. I know this because i read about it on Dallascowboys.com, i dont get my info from ESPN. I get it from writers who are at every practice, who arent biased, who know what the fuck is going on. Hell, listen to Romo's interviews, ask Parcells if he doesnt work. You think a undrafted Free agent like him would just start, with tremendous success just because hes lazy?! Get the fuck outta here. Thats a joke and you're a joke dude. You know zip, zeltch, nada.

Comment

• steeljake
                      6 rings...
                      • Oct 2008

right... bill parcells thought highly of romo and he was right, i said he had talent and he does. it is obvious he doesnt work hard and you are to blinded by your homerism to see it.

Comment

• Derrville
                        • Jul 2009

right... bill parcells thought highly of romo and he was right, i said he had talent and he does. it is obvious he doesnt work hard and you are to blinded by your homerism to see it.
                        Guess you didnt read but ok! You write that article Steeljake! You must know it all!

Comment

• bringbackjimmy
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Woy
                          You put Romo over Roethlisberger when he has two rings?
                          I guess Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypkin are all better than Dan Marino. I am sorry i don't count rings as the end all be all stat. Ben really only deserves one as he played like shit in the 1st one(the one where the refs gave the steelers the Championship) and besides 1 drive wasn't really that impressive in the 2nd one. I would take Tony over any other QB in the NFL not saying he is better than Manning or Brady or even Brees, but I love the way Tony plays and he will have a SB ring before his career is over...

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                            I mean, that's partially why I made this thread. For whatever reason, the playcalling and gameplan are not maxing out the offense's potential. That much is obvious.

But you'd think that in his 5th season, Romo would be able to have some control and authority over the offense at the line of scrimmage, wouldn't you?

I see Romo point out the mike and make a couple calls here and there but sometimes he really looks kind of shy or timid out there when it comes to audibling or making adjustments before the snap.

You obviously watch the Cowboys much more than I do, how much control over the offense do you think Romo really has? Do you think he's capable of having that power even?
                            Thats part of the problem. These plays and routes rely far too much on these reads. Teams arent supposed to go to the line with 3 plays every down. Its something Indy does and teams are trying to emulate. But Romo isnt on the same planet as Manning and Garrett will never be Tom Moore.

Complex basically means routes that rely too much on double moves and line of scrimmage changes and time.

Quick example really basic. Romo lines up has 10 yrd slant on the left for Williams. He reads the LB in zone with FS starting to strong side. They both adjust to a slant and go.
                            Now the WR on the other side may has to adjust his route to the coverage being rolled to him.
                            All while the Oline has to adjust there line calls accordingly.

And thats only getting into adjustment for the initial play. Often times he'll call out adjustments fake the snap...call out the key word for checkdown to the second play call. That shit takes time and SERIOUS discipline to pull off.

Now normally an offensive coordinator tries to anticipate these things before the play and set up hot reads routes and quick checkdowns. This takes the guess work out of it and the reads the QB has to make are simpler. But it also means the Coordinator has to do a better job of anticipation instead of relying on the QB to read and react an entire offense.

The result is instead of Romo mentally checking off of Roy and having Barber ,Witten becoming the hot read on 3-5 step drop, you have Romo spending 4-6 seconds yelling out adjustments to the initial call and Romo dropping back far too often eye balling the WR trying to sell that initial move.
                            ((he eyeballs guys too much anyway this just makes that habit worse))

Parcells didnt trust Tony Romo to do all that shit and rightfully so. He also protected Romo by insisting on running the ball and insisting his second read was always to a TE or RB.

Im oversimplifying and fact is most good passing teams implement that Indy style to some effect. But JG relies on it almost as much as Indy and its never worked against defenses who can get to the QB. Instead of picking up quick 3-5-7 yard chunks on blitzes you end up with Romo either getting sacked or scrambling around waiting for his guy to come free.

Romo is relied upon too much. Even when theyre hot you still see bad playcalls and questionable personnel management. Romo needs less responsibility. Not trying to run the ball more and sticking to the deep pass in the GB game is an example of why when it doesnt work it REALLY doesnt work.
                            Last edited by KINGOFOOTBALL; 11-18-2009, 01:24 AM.
                            Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                              • Feb 2009

Complex basically means routes that rely too much on double moves and line of scrimmage changes and time.
                              Just wanted to elaborate on this.
                              Its ironic Roy Williams routes were actually changed and seemingly simplified tremendously. Hes been on more posts/slants/crossing routes in the last 3 games then Ive seen in the year before.
                              Williams sucks total ass on any ins outs comebacks or combination routes. I mean hes terrible. This adjustment could have easily led to a momentum shifting play for Dallas. Instead he fumbles that big play and it shifts to GBs favor.

Not JGs fault Williams botched that play. Great play by Woodson.
                              Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Senser81
                                VSN Poster of the Year
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                                Not really.

Witten's numbers have declined because he is staying in to help pass protect much more than in previous seasons.

Barber has missed a game and been banged up all year. Couple that with the fact that he is splitting time with Choice and Jones, who the Cowboys prefer as pass catchers out of the backfield over Barber, and the decline in his receptions, and statistics all across the board for that matter, makes perfect sense.
                                LOL at saying "Not really" and proceeding to describe exactly what I am talking about.

Yes, Witten is staying in to help pass protect, which is retarded since Witten is one of their best players on offense.

Yes, the Cowboys haven't been using Barber as much and he's been reduced to an afterthought in the passing game.

That is my whole point. I thought the job of the offensive coordinator was to get the ball into the hands of his best players. The Cowboys don't do that.

Comment

Working...