X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fox1994
    Posts too much
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
    Nobody asked you for your opinion. Please stop posting in my forum area.

TY
    Haha. You're a douche.

Originally posted by ram29jackson
    widdle baby upset aaawwww, sowwy widdle one. ....tough crap
    Haha. Wow, I've given you two +reps. You might be on to something.

---

If they do fourteen teams, who all would fill-in? Twelve seems like a good idea... All the BCS conferences going to twelve seems like a good idea... But I don't see who would fill-in a fourteen-team conference...

Comment

• jHammack
      Noob
      • Feb 2009

14 to me seems to watered down in my opinion. I guess it would depend on the teams that join. I wouldn't want the Big 10 to pick just random schools and it would be hard for a lot of schools to meet the Big 10's academic requirement. If they got Notre Dame (which would be impossible until the BCS says Fuck You Notre Dame you can have a chance at a BCS game at large just like the Utah's and TCU's. That will then force ND's hand) and say Missouri on top of Pitt, and make it 14 that would be a decent group.

Plus they all meet the academic requirements. 14 in one conference is crazy though. I think 12 is good and works well. Big 12, ACC, and SEC all work out nice for their conference championship games (except for the whole Texas getting screwed thing). It would be interesting though.

Comment

• Fox1994
        Posts too much
        • Dec 2008

So if Big Ten became Big 14, would Big 12, ACC, and SEC become fourteen-team conferences?

Comment

• Woy
          RIP West
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994
          So if Big Ten became Big 14, would Big 12, ACC, and SEC become fourteen-team conferences?
          Yes.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Fox1994
            Posts too much
            • Dec 2008

6*14=84

So the remaining conferences total 26 teams? Or do we just break-up the MAC, C-USA, MWC, WAC, and Sun Belt for football and make them independent for FBS football? Or do we move them down to FCS?

Comment

• Sharkweather
              • Jul 2009

So I stopped following this thread, I thought I read something about this being announced Friday?

That still happening?

Comment

• jHammack
                Noob
                • Feb 2009

One could hope ...

I hate waiting, I would just like to know if Pitt is moving or not.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hova
                  So I stopped following this thread, I thought I read something about this being announced Friday?

That still happening?
                  A few sources have said the rumors are complete BS. I'm starting to think this is the case.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                    Not a Scandanavian
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
                    6*14=84

So the remaining conferences total 26 teams? Or do we just break-up the MAC, C-USA, MWC, WAC, and Sun Belt for football and make them independent for FBS football? Or do we move them down to FCS?
                    I'm not sure you quite understand how conferences work. Nobody just moves them or breaks them up, it's a group of school binding themselves together. Nobody can shift them around except for themselves.

The only difference is the division between FBS and FCS (certain attendance requirements during games is the biggie), but that is only for football.

Further, the other conferences aren't just going to add teams willy-nilly. There are academic standards that must be met (the conferences work for more than just athletics). That's why conferences don't just add in minor conference schools all the time (and dropping athletic doormats such as Purude, Vandy and Northwestern).
                    -----------------

The most logical move is the Big East folding (because they just don't have enough teams), which may force Notre Dame to finally join the Big 10 (Basketball reasons), maybe Cincy joins as well. The ACC would scoop up WVU and UCONN (maybe S. Florida instead).

The rest either get absorbed into smaller conferences, or it has a ripple effect and some C-USA/MAC schools break off and and form a new conference with the leftovers.

That could really happen if the MAC continues to fall short on attendance (it's been several years now) and teams start getting sent into FCS (I'm looking at your EMU, Kent State and Akron). Central/Western Michigan, Temple, Toledo and Bowling Green are going to need a place to play, maybe NIU and Buffalo as well (I don't know a ton about their attendance).

Comment

Working...