X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blick
    The Judge
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Primetime232
    You don't honestly believe Freeman is better than Ryan do you?
    No, just arguing that it's not that ridiculous for Freeman to be on the list.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Blick
      I guess it's a good thing he has quite a bit of career left...
      He better hope Blount and Williams hang around.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Same amount of playoff wins as Freeman...

And Jesus Christ, let's not act like Ryan has been in the league for a decade. He's only been in the league a year longer....and one of those years where he was playing at a "high level", he had a fucking 80.9 rating.
        So let me get this straight...you are willing to knock Ryan for his lowly 81 passer rating, yet you have completely ignored Freeman's shitier than shit rookie season where he barely cracked 50?

Are you seriously arguing that Freeman has had a better career to this point than Ryan?

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

No, just arguing that it's not that ridiculous for Freeman to be on the list.
          He said he could see an argument for it, meaning he was on the edge of putting him on the list. Ryan is quite clearly the better player and well above Freeman's level of play. If Ryan is on the edge, Freeman belongs no where near this list.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

As the quarterback, team captain, and leader of the team he had more of an impact than an undrafted roookie and 4th round pick.

I never said Freeman does it all by himself.
            Why are you so hung up on draft position/amatuer resumes?

Once these guys suit up, nobody cares anymore.

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

Blount really played like an undrafted rookie last year. Hmmmm who else is an undrafted rookie that makes a huge impact......on a superbowl championship team......ever heard of a guy named Tramon Williams. I guess he had a little bit of an impact.

Comment

• Blick
                The Judge
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Sven Draconian
                :jimshake:

Besides a couple obvious points I'll make:
                Matt Ryan has been playing at a high level for 3 full seasons, Josh Freeman has one.
                Matt Ryan beat Freeman twice last season (when Freeman did not play well).

Lets look at just the stats:
                Ryan threw for more yards and more TDs.
                Ryan had a better completion percentage.
                Ryan had over 100 more attempts (His offense relied more heavily on him)

Freeman has a better QB Rating (who cares?) and better Yards Per attempt.

I'll go ahead and take Ryan, just based on the stats.
                I'd go with 2 good seasons. His 2nd year should be considered medicore to you.

Were they playing one on one? It's a team game. We've already gone over how Tampa's roster isn't very talented.

Comparing Ryan's 3rd year to Freeman's 2nd year is pretty useless. Freeman's 2nd year blows Ryan's 2nd year away.

Comment

• Blick
                  The Judge
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  Why are you so hung up on draft position/amatuer resumes?

Once these guys suit up, nobody cares anymore.
                  Why are you getting so hung up on semantics? The point is, Freeman had a better year than either of those guys and had more to do with the Bucs winning.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

I'd go with 2 good seasons. His 2nd year should be considered medicore to you.

Were they playing one on one? It's a team game. We've already gone over how Tampa's roster isn't very talented.

Comparing Ryan's 3rd year to Freeman's 2nd year is pretty useless. Freeman's 2nd year blows Ryan's 2nd year away.
                    For fucks sake.

Ignoring Freemans pitiful rookie year. Again. That Ryan's rookie year shit on and forced Freeman to wipe.

2 good years + one decent year trumps one good year + one horrendous year, no? Is that too logical to wrap your mind around?

Stop trying to frame the facts to fit your argument. I don't even know the point you are trying to make at this point.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Why are you getting so hung up on semantics? The point is, Freeman had a better year than either of those guys and had more to do with the Bucs winning.
                      I don't know, why do you keep making shit points?

Comment

• Blick
                        The Judge
                        • Mar 2009

For fucks sake.

Ignoring Freemans pitiful rookie year. Again. That Ryan's rookie year shit on and forced Freeman to wipe.

2 good years + one decent year trumps one good year + one horrendous year, no? Is that too logical to wrap your mind around?

Stop trying to frame the facts to fit your argument. I don't even know the point you are trying to make at this point.
                        I agree, and if you had read an earlier post, you would have seen that I don't think Freeman is better.

Stop being a pussy and make your list of 100 NFC players that are better than Freeman. This argument is getting old.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

I agree, and if you had read an earlier post, you would have seen that I don't think Freeman is better.

Stop being a pussy and make your list of 100 NFC players that are better than Freeman. This argument is getting old.
                          I think I explained on page 2 why I'm not wasting my time doing that. You guys will be in denial about half the list, and I'm not getting into FS vs QB and LG vs QB arguments with you dolts all day. Perennial All Pro's and Pro Bowlers have been shit on by the Freeman side in this thread already, so what's the point?

Comment

• Blick
                            The Judge
                            • Mar 2009

I don't know, why do you keep making shit points?
                            Like when you said that a RB(which are a dime a dozen) and a receiver were more impactful to Tampa's success than the team captain at QB?

Comment

• Senser81
                              VSN Poster of the Year
                              • Feb 2009

I think I explained on page 2 why I'm not wasting my time doing that. You guys will be in denial about half the list, and I'm not getting into FS vs QB and LG vs QB arguments with you dolts all day. Perennial All Pro's and Pro Bowlers have been shit on by the Freeman side in this thread already, so what's the point?
                              Exactly. If a guy like Chris Snee gets shit on when he makes his third consecutive pro bowl and was a 1st team All-Pro at his position, what would happen if you put some guy on the list like Aaron Rodgers, who didn't even make the pro bowl last year?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Like when you said that a RB(which are a dime a dozen) and a receiver were more impactful to Tampa's success than the team captain at QB?
                                TB before those two guys arrived: irrelevent

TB after those two guys arrived: 10 wins

Freeman before those two guys arrived: awful

Freeman after those two guys arrived: top 100 player, better than all pros, 90+ QB rating, second coming of christ, OBL killed

Comment

Working...