Peyton Manning possibly out for the year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
    LOL at this.

In the AFC Championship game, Manning led the Colts to 38 points and had 349 yards and a TD. In the Super Bowl, Manning threw for 247 yards and a TD in a rainstorm (and was MVP).

In his most recent Super Bowl, Manning threw for 333 yards and a TD (preceded by a 377 yard, 3 TD performance in the AFC Championship game).

Brady threw for 145 yards, 236 yards, and 354 yards in his Super Bowls.

Manning's 333-yard performance against the Saints is higher than 17 of Tom Brady's 19 postseason games.

Manning's postseason QB rating is higher than Brady's.
    First I wasn't talking about the Superbowl he lost. Losing a Superbowl doesn't really enhance your legacy any. You don't think of Dan Marino as any better of a QB because he lost to the '9ers do you? So yeah, I wasn't talking about his '09 year at all or about his postseason career as a whole. Just '06.

Anyways, yes, he had 247 yards 1 td, 1 int. But that touchdown and quite a bit of yards came from a blown coverage that I already mentioned. Reggie Wayne was wide open. So aside from that, like I said, he was mediocre and they won that game with defense and a running game. Kelvin Hayden had a score, Dominic Rhodes had over 100 yards and was more deserving of the MVP imo. He did have a good half against the Patriots but it doesn't erase his play in those other games.

So when you talk about Manning finally getting a Superbowl and that enhancing his legacy you don't think about how poorly he played prior to that point and how the defense had to bail him out of a few games. You just think that he has that Superbowl.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by GoChargers
      Another Brady vs Manning discussion?? Doesn't matter, one will retire in a couple years and neither will win another ring.

For the record - Brady's 3 rings gives him the nod.
      Trent Dilfers one ring gives him the nod over Marino.

:fuckyocouch:

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
      First I wasn't talking about the Superbowl he lost. Losing a Superbowl doesn't really enhance your legacy any. You don't think of Dan Marino as any better of a QB because he lost to the '9ers do you?
      The fact that Marino went to a Super Bowl helps his legacy. Did it hurt Kelly's legacy to get to 4 straight Super Bowls and lose rather than getting to none?

What the hell are you talking about?

Just '06.
      1. In 2006 Manning helped engineer the largest comeback in AFCCG history.

2. Yeah the Colts defense stepped up..then again give me a team that has won a SB with a shitty defense

3. Manning carved the Bears Cover 2 apart. Rhodes had a great game but Manning picked apart the Bears underneath with Addai and the broken play to Wayne was a direct result of a play call Manning made at the line causeing Daniel Manning to come up and try to defend Clark underneath and left Tillman with no help on the inside post that Wayne ran.

Anyways, yes, he had 247 yards 1 td, 1 int. But that touchdown and quite a bit of yards came from a blown coverage that I already mentioned.
      Ever stop to think WHY the coverage was blown?

Obviously not.

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

First I wasn't talking about the Superbowl he lost. Losing a Superbowl doesn't really enhance your legacy any. You don't think of Dan Marino as any better of a QB because he lost to the '9ers do you? So yeah, I wasn't talking about his '09 year at all or about his postseason career as a whole. Just '06.

Anyways, yes, he had 247 yards 1 td, 1 int. But that touchdown and quite a bit of yards came from a blown coverage that I already mentioned. Reggie Wayne was wide open. So aside from that, like I said, he was mediocre and they won that game with defense and a running game. Kelvin Hayden had a score, Dominic Rhodes had over 100 yards and was more deserving of the MVP imo. He did have a good half against the Patriots but it doesn't erase his play in those other games.

So when you talk about Manning finally getting a Superbowl and that enhancing his legacy you don't think about how poorly he played prior to that point and how the defense had to bail him out of a few games. You just think that he has that Superbowl.
        I got 4 "thanks" for my post. You only got 2.

4 > 2

Manning > Brady

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
          I got 4 "thanks" for my post. You only got 2.

4 > 2

Manning > Brady

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

First I wasn't talking about the Superbowl he lost. Losing a Superbowl doesn't really enhance your legacy any.
            And in Manning's case, winning a Super Bowl and the game MVP award doesn't really enhance your legacy any, either.

Comment

• Woy
              RIP West
              • Dec 2008

Take heart, Indianapolis.Jeff Fisher, who coached against the Colts twice a year from 2002 through last season and who had Kerry Collins as one of his quarterbacks for the past five seasons, says he still considers the Colts a division title contender.

Kerry's old coach says Collins can still lead the Colts to the AFC South title.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Influence
                :orly:

These are Peyton Manning's career statistics in the postseason...

453 of 718 (63.1 percent) for 5,389 yards. 29 touchdown passes and 19 interceptions.

His quarterback rating: 88.4

To put his postseason quarterback rating in perspective, it's higher than the career quarterback rating of Roger Staubach, Jim Kelly, Len Dawson, Sonny Jurgensen, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Bart Starr, Dan Fouts, and John Elway. All of them are members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
                I wasn't talking about career numbers so this is all irrelevant to the point I was making...

Comment

• Aso
                  The Serious House
                  • Nov 2008

Would you like his numbers before 2007?

290 of 474 (61.1 percent) for 3,496 yards. 18 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions.

His quarterback rating: 78.67

Not bad if you ask me.
                  Why are you still posting?

Comment

• Aso
                    The Serious House
                    • Nov 2008

Yes, when the Colts won the Superbowl... Anything else I can clarify for you?

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

33 of 48 (68.7 percent) for 402 yards. 3 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions.

His quarterback rating: 97.7

Ok, and what fucking game is this from. It's certainly not from the 2006 postseason.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
                        Spellin' n' shit
                        • Feb 2009

Your right, it's from the 2007 postseason. (The year they won the superbowl)
                        Actually that game was from the 2007 season (which would be the 08 postseason). And in that game, the Colts lost to the Chargers 28-24

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I'm close to banning you for being such a retard.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Do it pussy. How is my response wrong?

Originally posted by DoubleDeuce
                            Actually that game was from the 2007 season (which would be the 08 postseason). And in that game, the Colts lost to the Chargers 28-24

Comment

Working...