X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Argath
    $2 whore
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by tigstah
    i was supposed to go to the practice today, ran too many errands. i have one more week left. if i dont i am going to be pissed, as i live about 12 minutes from the practice facility here in richmond.
    I hate you

Redskins moving training camp was a fucking dumb decision. They always got a shit ton of fans to come out while they were here in nova and there aren't even that many Redskin fans in Richmond. It's mostly Steelers fans.

Comment

• tigstah
      Mr. Casual Gamer
      • Mar 2009

man they avg. 20k fans a day, its no place to park tho. you have to park far away and use the shuttle buses.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
        • Jul 2010

i know its pre-season and early but i am liking Pat White.......
        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
          i know its pre-season and early but i am liking Pat White.......
          Grossman certainly has some job security to worry about, even though I know they picked up White to help run some of the read-option plays if RGIII had to miss time to start the season.

I was pretty damn impressed with our pass-rush and the rest of the runningbacks. Royster and Helu put up some solid numbers and I don't think we'll have to worry about depth behind Morris.

Comment

• Argath
            $2 whore
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Grossman certainly has some job security to worry about, even though I know they picked up White to help run some of the read-option plays if RGIII had to miss time to start the season.

I was pretty damn impressed with our pass-rush and the rest of the runningbacks. Royster and Helu put up some solid numbers and I don't think we'll have to worry about depth behind Morris.
            They were solid backups last year and played fine the year before that. This is why I'm still confused why we wasted 2 draft picks on RBs when we could've gotten depth for the oline and secondary

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Argath
              They were solid backups last year and played fine the year before that. This is why I'm still confused why we wasted 2 draft picks on RBs when we could've gotten depth for the oline and secondary
              Helu has been plagued with injuries......
              and Royster is; ehhhhhh
              3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Helu's injury issues is one. Royster was solid, I really like Eric Kettani (though it may be my bias as a Navy fan) so I think maybe one was warranted, but not two.

Comment

• Argath
                  $2 whore
                  • Apr 2009

You're not gonna be able to convince me that we needed a backup RB more than oline/secondary depth

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

You're not gonna be able to convince me that we needed a backup RB more than oline/secondary depth
                    In their defense, they drafted three guys for the secondary. I agree with you to an extent on the offensive line, because you know they all aren't going to be 100% healthy again this season. Just signing two veterans in Trueblood and Pashos does not constitute better depth, especially with concerns that LeRiberius being a project.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

The Washington Redskins were dealt a significant blow Tuesday with the news that rookie safety Phillip Thomas, a prospective starter, suffered a torn Lisfranc ligament in his foot.

According to the Redskins' official Twitter account, head coach Mike Shanahan told reporters that Thomas will undergo surgery and is expected to be out four to five months, ending his 2013 season.

Thomas, the 119th overall pick of the draft, was one of three rookie defensive backs to start the Redskins' preseason opener August 8 against Tennessee. He was joined by fellow safety Bacarri Rambo and cornerback David Amerson.

It was easy to see why the Redskins had high hopes for the trio, who collectively made 47 interceptions over their collegiate careers.

Thomas joined Dee Milliner (Alabama) and Johnthan Banks (Mississippi State) as Thorpe Award finalists in 2012. The 6-1, 208-pound defender racked up 84 tackles and forced an eye-popping 12 turnovers as a senior. Thomas, the first unanimous All-American in the history of Fresno State football, led the country with eight interceptions - returning three for scores - and forced four fumbles.

The torn Lisfranc is the second major leg injury for Thomas, who missed all of 2011 with the Bulldogs after suffering a broken leg and fractured ankle in camp.

Thomas' season-ending injury darkens the clouds somewhat over the Washington secondary as he's a talented big-play defender. Fortunately for Washington, there is plenty of starting experience on the roster. The Redskins return part-time starters Reed Doughty and Dejon Gomes (though some fans would argue that isn't a good thing) and saw veteran Brandon Meriweather return to the field last week. He'd experienced soreness in his knee and is coming off of a torn ACL, himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...c-for-the-year
                      Huge blow losing him. Though Reed Doughty now essentially has both a roster spot and likely spot in the starting lineup.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                        • Jul 2010

Huge blow losing him. Though Reed Doughty now essentially has both a roster spot and likely spot in the starting lineup.
                        hopefully not the case......
                        move Amerson to FS !!!

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

and Gomes is looking bad too.
                          i watched him during the Titans preseason opener and he took so many bad angles in pursuit

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                            and Gomes is looking bad too.
                            i watched him during the Titans preseason opener and he took so many bad angles in pursuit
                            Which is why Doughty has the other safety spot locked down. I'm also unlike most Skins fans, and I can appreciate Doughty. He knows the playbook, knows his limitations and plays within them. When he gets beat, it's not really his fault. The defensive coaches have also always done a pretty good job of masking his limitations and keeping him near the box.

As for Amerson, they need his size at CB, and won't move him. If anything, Doughty gets the start, and gets replaced in many passing situations by Rambo. They've also talked of Hall moving to safety for years, but I don't think they do that this far into things.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

Which is why Doughty has the other safety spot locked down. I'm also unlike most Skins fans, and I can appreciate Doughty. He knows the playbook, knows his limitations and plays within them. When he gets beat, it's not really his fault. The defensive coaches have also always done a pretty good job of masking his limitations and keeping him near the box.

As for Amerson, they need his size at CB, and won't move him. If anything, Doughty gets the start, and gets replaced in many passing situations by Rambo. They've also talked of Hall moving to safety for years, but I don't think they do that this far into things.
                              on Aug 31;
                              we can see where we at with: http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/8/13/4...tanard-jackson

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

Cousins may not play Saturday, but I'd really like to see Pat White get at least some of the reps with the first team, but that is unlikely especially with the starters likely to play less.

In other injury news, Meriweather may not be ready for Week 1. That one is going to be tough.

As for RGIII, I read that Andrews gave the all clear either yesterday or today. He was also fined $10,000 for wearing Adidas gear during pre-game warmup.

Comment

Working...