Official Washington Redskins Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

At least we kept Minnifield on the practice squad. Also, we were able to keep Briscoe on IR after he went unclaimed through waivers.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

It's still better than what we experienced under Spurrier/Gibbs when Snyder/Cerrato traded away about half of our picks.

What I am most happy about is that we are picking up guys off the scrap heap like Lichensteiger, Montgomery, Carriker, etc who have played key roles for us, as well as hit on later round picks (especially with the RGIII trade that took off some of our top picks.) We hardly ever had mid-round picks who contributed to us under Spurrier/Gibbs.

Comment

• tigstah
          Mr. Casual Gamer
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          It's still better than what we experienced under Spurrier/Gibbs when Snyder/Cerrato traded away about half of our picks.

What I am most happy about is that we are picking up guys off the scrap heap like Lichensteiger, Montgomery, Carriker, etc who have played key roles for us, as well as hit on later round picks (especially with the RGIII trade that took off some of our top picks.) We hardly ever had mid-round picks who contributed to us under Spurrier/Gibbs.
          traded away draft picks and signed old ass veterans to crazy contracts.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by tigstah
            The contract thing was a smart idea in theory. What they did were sign players to a contract- the usual structure was five year, $30 million, with $10-12 million guaranteed. For the first two years of the contracts, they received about the veterans minimum (the $30 million part) and received their guaranteed money as roster bonuses.

After the bonus money passed, their salary sky-rocketed from around the minimum to millions a year. At that point, they could cut the player without penalty to the cap, or they could re-negotiate their deal along the same lines as before. This allowed them to perpetually "re-tool" the roster and continue to add players without having to go through cap hell.

Again, that works in theory. But you still need to build through the draft and develop players, and add specific talent via FA. Not try and primarily build through FA like we tried to do.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by tigstah
              dont forget the wasted 2 years with Zorn....

then again; Norv and Shttenheimer years were pretty dismal too

the signing of $100mil Fat Troubled Haynesworth was the beginning of what had to end.

what Shanny doing now with picks and rebuilding is what we needed. i just didnt realize how much more he has actually done with seeing it laid out like that. and i really excited to see how these new rookies produce this season.
              3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                dont forget the wasted 2 years with Zorn....

then again; Norv and Shttenheimer years were pretty dismal too

the signing of $100mil Fat Troubled Haynesworth was the beginning of what had to end.

what Shanny doing now with picks and rebuilding is what we needed. i just didnt realize how much more he has actually done with seeing it laid out like that. and i really excited to see how these new rookies produce this season.
                Schottenheimer was a wasted season because they went with Spurrier. He started 0-5, but finished 8-8 despite many older vet signings (that was the year we signed Deion, Bruce Smith and Mark Carrier.) I actually thought they should have kept him, as he got the team under control and winning later in the year.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

It's gameday guys, I was wondering what your predictions for the game tonight are?

It's no secret around this section that I believe Philly under Chip Kelly is going to go the way of the Redskins under Spurrier. But that's not Week 1 of the NFL season, with RGIII having his first in-game action of the year.

I think we run a very conservative attack, with lots of rushes from Alfred Morris to control the clock. We won't expose RGIII much, and I'm not expecting much of a fight from the Eagles in their first game in their new system. 21-10 Redskins.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

It's Easter Monday in DC with the resurrection of RG3sus

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                      • Jul 2010

it will be a game for maybe 1 qtr. then Chip will get a taste of his Rookie season as an NFL Head Coach.
                      RGIII is going to be better than last year
                      he has already quieted all the haters and envious ones, last year

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                        • Sep 2024

List of inactives. Doughty is expected to start at safety, and Chris Thompson will handle punt return duties. Surprised that neither Grossman or White are active either, at least for this first game.

QB Rex Grossman
                        QB Pat White,
                        RB Evan Royster
                        OG Josh LeRibeus,
                        S Jose Gumbs
                        S Brandon Meriweather
                        NT Chris Neild.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                          Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                          • Jul 2010

Meriweather.............

is ever gonna be healthy??

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                            Meriweather.............

is ever gonna be healthy??
                            I think they are being very cautious with him, and since Doughty has the trust of the coaching staff, they feel comfortable waiting a game or two. If healthy, he's a huge difference-maker for us.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                              • Jul 2010

I think they are being very cautious with him, and since Doughty has the trust of the coaching staff, they feel comfortable waiting a game or two. If healthy, he's a huge difference-maker for us.
                              or they saying
                              we dont need him; lol

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

#StupidCollegeOffenses

At the very least, even if overturned, teams need to be on their toes for this type of situation against the Eagles.

Comment

Working...