Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Free agent Rex Grossman appeared on ESPN 980 Radio Wednesday and said he is under the assumption that he will re-sign with the Redskins.
    "I'm assuming that's what's going to happen," he said. Grossman added that OC Kyle Shanahan and QBs coach Matt LaFleur personally asked him to throw with the Redskins' receivers during the lockout. For now, we consider Grossman likely to be back in Washington to compete with John Beck. Most reporters covering the situation believe Beck will be ahead on the depth chart

OH DEAR GOD we are fucked

Comment

• manchild24
      Kyle got fired
      • Nov 2008

The Washington Post considers it "all but a foregone conclusion" that Donovan McNabb's time with the Redskins is up.
      We do too, although there is still an odd sect of thinking that claims Mike Shanahan might still bring back McNabb. Not with a $10 million offseason roster bonus, he won't. Currently, John Beck is preparing to be the Redskins' starter. Said projected backup Rex Grossman on the radio Wednesday: "I think (Donovan) is ready to move on. And (the Redskins) are too."

Comment

• manchild24
        Kyle got fired
        • Nov 2008

Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson expects the Redskins to take a "hot hand approach" in their backfield this season.
        It's an approach that makes the most sense -- and Mike Shanahan has lots of history with -- considering the talent on Washington's roster. Ryan Torain may start out as the lead back, but Roy Helu offers rare speed at the position and Shanahan is also said to be high on fellow rookie Evan Royster. Keiland Williams, for now, projects as the favorite for third-down work

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

I got you manchild

Free agent CB Carlos Rogers made it clear Wednesday night that he doesn't expect to re-sign with the Redskins, while also taking shots at DeAngelo Hall.
          "I wasn't the corner that gave up the most touchdowns or yards or first downs," said Rogers, speaking directly about Hall. "But I'm the corner that is looked at (as) the second corner, (management feels) I need to be replaced." Asked if he regrets anything he's said," Rogers replied "I don't care. I ain't say nothing that ain't true." He could be as high as the third best corner available on the open market, depending on free agency rules.

DeAngelo Hall is TERRIBLE in any man heavy scheme and Carlos Rogers is right. The Redskins will probably end up with the worst secondary of this upcoming season despite the addition of Atogwe.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
            I got you manchild

Free agent CB Carlos Rogers made it clear Wednesday night that he doesn't expect to re-sign with the Redskins, while also taking shots at DeAngelo Hall.
            "I wasn't the corner that gave up the most touchdowns or yards or first downs," said Rogers, speaking directly about Hall. "But I'm the corner that is looked at (as) the second corner, (management feels) I need to be replaced." Asked if he regrets anything he's said," Rogers replied "I don't care. I ain't say nothing that ain't true." He could be as high as the third best corner available on the open market, depending on free agency rules.

DeAngelo Hall is TERRIBLE in any man heavy scheme and Carlos Rogers is right. The Redskins will probably end up with the worst secondary of this upcoming season despite the addition of Atogwe.
            Rogers doesn't create the turnovers that Hall does, but I'd rather have him than Hall. Rogers does a great job in coverage. They really do need to keep both around though. Yes, it is investing a lot in the secondary, but having Hall, Rogers, Otogwe and Landry is HUGE.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Here is a good article on Ryan Kerrigan. Looks like he could be a great pickup for us. I expect to see him start immediately.

In 2010, the Washington Redskins switched to a 3-4 defense under the supervision of new defensive coordinator Jim Haslett. As with most circumstances in which a team tries to force a scheme on the wrong personnel, the experiment was a bit of a disaster – it gave Albert Haynesworth(notes) yet another reason to alienate himself from his coaching staff, and the ‘Skins fell from 11th to 26th in Football Outsiders’ opponent-adjusted defensive rankings. Like most supposed purveyors of the 3-4 defense, Haslett actually wound up calling a lot of 4-2-5 nickel concepts to fit his personnel and adjust for offensive tendencies.

Now a year removed from the change, the Redskins are charged with finding (or creating) players who fit the aggressive 3-4 ideas Haslett would prefer to run. And, in that regard, few draft-eligible players would understand the importance of that transition more than Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan, who the Redskins took with the 16th overall pick. After a 2010 season in which he put up 70 tackles, 26 tackles for loss, 12½ sacks and five forced fumbles, Kerrigan started taking off weight and impressing in coverage drills as a 3-4 linebacker.

Teams didn’t have a lot of footage on Kerrigan doing anything in five-man fronts (though he did line up as a wide nine-tech end in the style of Kyle Vanden Bosch(notes)). But one of the thoughts behind the switch to 3-4 ‘backer was that his motor was better than his selection of hand moves and that it would be wiser to get him outside the tackles, where he could use his speed and quick turn at the edge to harass quarterbacks on a regular basis. At the Senior Bowl, Kerrigan didn’t just dominate on the edge – he showed enough when dropping back for several 3-4 teams to start talking with him seriously.

But the sack Kerrigan put up at the Senior Bowl showed a player who will do just about anything to get to the quarterback from any position – in this case, Kerrigan took TCU’s Andy Dalton(notes) down near the end of the first half of the game by pinballing off Louisville running back Bilal Powell(notes) and Arkansas right tackle DeMarcus Love(notes).

On the play, the South team set up in a four-receiver set, with the North defense lining up in a 4-2-5 nickel (wide linebacker on the slot), not unlike the plays Haslett runs in Washington. At the snap, Kerrigan blew past Love’s outside arc and actually took the block from Powell. Spinning off Powell took Kerrigan back inside the pocket, out of Love’s area, and right into Dalton’s face.

Kerrigan comes into the NFL with a proven ability to mess up enemy offenses as a 4-3 end, but if he can add the attributes common to 3-4 outside linebackers at the professional level, he could become the kind of indispensable defender necessary for any team to thrive on that side of the ball. And Kerrigan doing so in tandem with Brian Orakpo(notes) might give Washington that sack duo it’s been craving for years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...defense_051911

Comment

• BigBucs
                Unpretentious
                • May 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                Rogers doesn't create the turnovers that Hall does, but I'd rather have him than Hall. Rogers does a great job in coverage. They really do need to keep both around though. Yes, it is investing a lot in the secondary, but having Hall, Rogers, Otogwe and Landry is HUGE.
                Hall sucks, Rodgers cant catch a cold, Landry is shit outside the box and Atogwe will do what every high profile FA has done to the Redskins the past decade. That said Rodgers was the best CB on that team for years. He is right. He cant catch but he can cover.

Also, Kerrigan will be a shitty 3-4 LB. Would think the management and coaching staff would have learned from Orackpo. It has to fucking suck being a Redskins fan. So glad I wasnt raised a Skins fan despite being from DC.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by BigBucs
                  Hall sucks, Rodgers cant catch a cold, Landry is shit outside the box and Atogwe will do what every high profile FA has done to the Redskins the past decade. That said Rodgers was the best CB on that team for years. He is right. He cant catch but he can cover.

Also, Kerrigan will be a shitty 3-4 LB. Would think the management and coaching staff would have learned from Orackpo. It has to fucking suck being a Redskins fan. So glad I wasnt raised a Skins fan despite being from DC.
                  Landry won't be playing anywhere else but the box with Otogwe on the team. Hall creates turnovers, but he more often than not lets in a big play, but that is where having Rogers was a good thing. Their skills complement each other, and that is key going forward.

How do you think Kerrigan will be a bad 3/4 LB? Anything that you have seen to contradict what that article posted? Orakpo had a good season- nine sacks is solid, especially with no nose tackle and the first year in a new system. Plus, with both of them, you have the option of shifting them around and lining them up on the line in certain packages.

Comment

• BigBucs
                    Unpretentious
                    • May 2009

Landry won't be playing anywhere else but the box with Otogwe on the team. Hall creates turnovers, but he more often than not lets in a big play, but that is where having Rogers was a good thing. Their skills complement each other, and that is key going forward.

How do you think Kerrigan will be a bad 3/4 LB? Anything that you have seen to contradict what that article posted? Orakpo had a good season- nine sacks is solid, especially with no nose tackle and the first year in a new system. Plus, with both of them, you have the option of shifting them around and lining them up on the line in certain packages.
                    Let Orackpo rush the passer all game and you are allowing him to do what he does best but as soon as you ask him to drop back in coverage it makes the coaching staff look like idiots. Will be even more apparent with Kerrigan. Both cant rush at the same time.

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

DeAngelo Hall was one of the worst CB's in coverage last year. In man he is terrible and the Redskins scheme plays a lot of man so he needs to go. He did have a lot of interceptions but four came in one game (vs Jay Cutler). Carlos Rogers and DeAngelo Hall isn't a good CB duo. But Rogers is better than Hall.

Laron Landry is great in the box but like BB said, he's awful outside of it and he will occasionally be asked to play deep in coverage. Remember that cover 2 defense they played to start the second game vs the Eagles? Desean Jackson does.

Now Atogwe will be the deep safety but SS is where he should be IMO. Atogwe is above average at just about everything which is what makes him good. I think being their deep safety won't utilize all his skills.

Comment

• manchild24
                        Kyle got fired
                        • Nov 2008

Fuck O's this is the Redskins, we are going into the season with a QB that the Dolphins gave up on. We are playing this season for the number 1 pick.

PS Aso is coming to DC. Aso21Raiders, do you want me to send you a jersey or you going to buy one.

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by manchild24
                          Fuck O's this is the Redskins, we are going into the season with a QB that the Dolphins gave up on. We are playing this season for the number 1 pick.

PS Aso is coming to DC. Aso21Raiders, do you want me to send you a jersey or you going to buy one.
                          The almighty re-union of Hall and Asomugha. I bet Hall's excited. Hopefully Hall will look even worse than last year minus the INT's and people will get off of his dick.

lol Asomugha's not really even my favorite player anymore. He used to be, but due to my lack of creativity the name has stayed.

Comment

• BigBucs
                            Unpretentious
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by manchild24

If he comes to the Skins we all know what thats all about and how it will play out.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by BigBucs
                              If he comes to the Skins we all know what thats all about and how it will play out.
                              I don't want him because of that, and I don't like that Allen said he is going to be active in free agency. I thought we learned our lesson from that. Its nice to move in the right direction with the draft this year, almost doubling our picks and acquiring some depth. However, the big ticket acquisitions can and will still hurt us, and even though some of the bigger contracts and egos are off the team, does not mean we should replace them.

Comment

• manchild24
                                Kyle got fired
                                • Nov 2008

I don't want him because of that, and I don't like that Allen said he is going to be active in free agency. I thought we learned our lesson from that. Its nice to move in the right direction with the draft this year, almost doubling our picks and acquiring some depth. However, the big ticket acquisitions can and will still hurt us, and even though some of the bigger contracts and egos are off the team, does not mean we should replace them.
                                Haynseworth was a piece of shit from the beginning, got his money thats all he cared about.

I rather like the McNabb deal, he could have groomed someone for two or three years now but we fucked that deal up and they gave up on him. Again not McNabbs fault his WRs sucked balls, not his fault 5 of this INTS were right off the WR hands that should have been caught, if the Shannies didnt bench him he throws for 4000 yards (Rivers, Manning/Manning, Shaub, Brees only guys to do it last season)

Comment

Working...