X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Messenger
    I felt like shit when I first opened this thread, is that common with you Redskin fans?
    No felt like shit when I thought someone was contributing to our Redskins thread. You dont see me fucking with any of the other team threads, please dont fuck with ours. Thanks bro

Comment

• manchild24
      Kyle got fired
      • Nov 2008

The Redskins reportedly remain determined to replace RT Jon Jansen "for good."

The Skins deemed Jansen the weak link in their 2008 line and he'll likely return as a backup. We suspect they will draft the best tackle available with the No. 13 overall pick in April. Andre Smith or Michael Oher could be there.

Comment

• manchild24
        Kyle got fired
        • Nov 2008

REDSKINS FREE AGENT SIGNINGS 2009
        Name Pos. Exp. ’08 Team Date Signed
        Derrick Dockery G 6 Bills Feb. 27
        Albert Haynesworth DT 7 Titans Feb. 27
        DeAngelo Hall CB 5 Redskins Feb. 27
        Ethan Albright LS 15 Redskins Feb. 13
        Last edited by manchild24; 03-02-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• manchild24
          Kyle got fired
          • Nov 2008

Citing "two sources," ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Cowboys have released Terrell Owens.

While his $3.1M roster bonus wasn't due until June, Dallas ultimately decided that T.O.'s locker-room politics outweighed arguably being the team's best offensive player. The move causes a $680,000K cap hit, but saves Jerry Jones $5.77M in cash. T.O. has a lot left -- he averaged 18.9 yards a catch and scored five TDs in the Cowboys' last eight games -- and may draw interest from the Raiders, Redskins, Jets, and Broncos. Receiver-needy teams almost certain to pass include Chicago, Philadelphia, and Miami.

Comment

• manchild24
            Kyle got fired
            • Nov 2008

Free agent DE Phillip Daniels says the Redskins have informed him he'll be back on the team in 2009.

"They have told me they want me back," he said. "And I would love to come back." Daniels might fill a situational role, but almost certainly doesn't have what it takes to be a three-down player at age 36 coming off ACL surgery

Comment

• manchild24
              Kyle got fired
              • Nov 2008

Derrick Dockery's contract with the Redskins is essentially for three years and $13 million.

Dockery's 2009 salary is guaranteed, as is $5 million of his 2010 and 2011 salary. He did not, however, receive any signing bonus at all, which helps the 'Skins 2009 salary cap.

Comment

• manchild24
                Kyle got fired
                • Nov 2008

The Tennessee Titans continue to seek evidence to support a claim that the Redskins tampered in their signing of Albert Haynesworth just five hours into the free agent signing period.

Rumors were rampant that the Redskins had a deal in place before the signing period began, fueling speculation that they started negotiating before they were allowed to by the league. Haynesworth maintains that was not the case, however, and it will be difficult to bring any charges unless the Titans can present some evidence.

Comment

• manchild24
                  Kyle got fired
                  • Nov 2008

According to the Washington Post, the Redskins have made a contract offer to defensive lineman Phillip Daniels.

"Yeah, my agent has been talking to the Redskins and they're trying to work out something," Daniels said Saturday. "There are some other teams calling, so I'm still just trying to take it slow and see what happens, but I'm hoping we can get something worked out and I can be a Redskin next season."

Comment

• manchild24
                    Kyle got fired
                    • Nov 2008

Jason Campbell and Carlos Rogers have reached escalator clauses, substantially increasing their 2009 salaries.

The clauses were based on playing time. Campbell's salary increases from $783,000 to $2.858 million while Rogers' increases from $602,000 to $1.403 million. Both players are eligible for free agency after next season.

Comment

• manchild24
                      Kyle got fired
                      • Nov 2008

The Redskins are reportedly interested in adding free agent DL Renaldo Wynn.

Wynn, 35, is nearing the end of the line and should come cheaply as a reserve lineman. He and another elder statesman, Phillip Daniels, are selling themselves as a package deal for the Redskins.

Comment

• manchild24
                        Kyle got fired
                        • Nov 2008

Redskins re-signed LB Alfred Fincher.

Fincher, a 2005 third-round pick, is purely a special teamer.

Comment

• manchild24
                          Kyle got fired
                          • Nov 2008

Redskins agreed to terms with S Reed Doughty on a one-year contract.

The Washington Times says Doughty will push SS Chris Horton for a starting job, but that's unlikely. Doughty is ticketed for a role on special teams.

Comment

• manchild24
                            Kyle got fired
                            • Nov 2008

Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth was indicted Thursday on two traffic charges after an accident that injured another driver last December.

These are traffic charges and less severe than a misdemeanor crime. Haynesworth is accused of reckless driving and expired registration. Though he drove out of control and the other driver hit the median, Haynesworth didn't do it intentionally and seems unlikely to face NFL discipline.

Comment

• manchild24
                              Kyle got fired
                              • Nov 2008

Free agent S Keith Davis says he is currently in talks with the Redskins and Eagles.

Davis is best on special teams, but probably is looking for a place to play defense. He's made one known visit -- to K.C. -- but left without a deal.
                              Source: Dallas Morning News

Comment

• manchild24
                                Kyle got fired
                                • Nov 2008

Georgia Tech DE Michael Johnson has reportedly set up visits with the Falcons, Redskins, Browns, and Bucs.

The Packers and Bengals are also believed to be highly interested. Johnson has been blowing up the Combine and Pro Day workouts, but there are serious concerns about his commitment level.

Comment

Working...