Is it time to just throw James Harrison out of the league?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvi5vGsY90"]James Harrison Huge Hit on Colt McCoy - YouTube[/ame]

Again. McCoy never drops his head.

Please go to the 1 minute mark.

Comment

• kyhadley
      Carefree
      • Oct 2008

I'll just post this again for good measure.

Clearly both heads are up in this situation, but Harrison still goes through with the hit.

I'd still like a response to my previous post spydr, because if you are arguing for arguing's sake (which it seems a bit like to be honest) then I don't see how its worth it when its actual lives at stake here.

Comment

• steeljake
        6 rings...
        • Oct 2008

guys hit ben low all the time, like thursday night a man clearly dives at his knees on the play he gets hurt on. the harrison hit was hard but not dirty. mcoy is throwing the ball when he gets smacked and that changes his position as james saw him as a runner. the point is this is what happens when a 300 pound man runs full speed into someone who weighs 185 soaking wet w bricks in his pockets. it is gonna look bad but it is not dirty. please stop being pussies.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DSpydr84
          It's not a form tackle. He is hitting McCoy as hard as he can to knock him senseless. You don't need to execute a "clean" tackle when you're superior in size and strength.

Try to hit something as hard as you can with your whole body. You will look exactly like Harrison did in that video. Is it even possible to get your head out of the way?

Not saying he shouldn't be flagged, he hit his helmet. That's the rule. But you guys are acting like he launched his face at McCoy. It looks a lot more to me like he's exploding his chest/shoulders into McCoy to make an impact hit and his helmet caught McCoy in the chin.

Again, no one said it was a form tackle. Harrison is trying to hit McCoy with a lot of force; he doesn't need to go "numbers to numbers" because he's physically superior to McCoy. Colt is going down either way, might as well give him a good shot.

EDIT: To all the guys who think it was intentional, what makes you think Harrison would hit a player standing upright helmet to helmet? What's the purpose of that technique when he can clearly crush him otherwise?

In other words, Harrison has terrible technique, is a chicken shit coward who picks on players smaller than he is, and is possibly retarded.

Comment

• DSpydr84
            I need a sub
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kyhadley
            I'd still like a response to my previous post spydr, because if you are arguing for arguing's sake (which it seems a bit like to be honest) then I don't see how its worth it when its actual lives at stake here.
            Of course I'm arguing for arguing's sake... you think I care about James Harrison's life?

I like arguing. This is where I do it. FT makes it all worthwhile.

FT, McCoy's head position is lower before contact because he was air-born when he threw the pass. His head becomes lower, thus, Harrison hits him in the jaw.

I really don't think breaking down a slow-mo video is necessary, though. Regardless, I don't think it's a cheap shot.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75
              guys hit ben low all the time, like thursday night a man clearly dives at his knees on the play he gets hurt on. the harrison hit was hard but not dirty. mcoy is throwing the ball when he gets smacked and that changes his position as james saw him as a runner. the point is this is what happens when a 300 pound man runs full speed into someone who weighs 185 soaking wet w bricks in his pockets. it is gonna look bad but it is not dirty. please stop being pussies.
              Oh no would hate for Ben to have a hurt knee. Since that can kill you or take 20 years off of your life, like brain trauma can.

Way to morally equalize Harrison inflicting potentially life threatening damage to Browns defenders grasping at Roethlisberger's feet as he is scrambling.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

And where during all of this is it required that Harrison drops his crown before impact?

Please quit being a retard.

Comment

• kyhadley
                  Carefree
                  • Oct 2008

Are you trying to be funny right now, or are you really that clueless?

A god damn brian injury >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a torn ligament.

How about we have an experiment where we hit your head repeatedly with a 150 lb weight then compare that to someone who's torn a knee ligament and see who's better off. I find it funny how the people with the weakest brains decide that brain injuries really aren't all that more serious.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

FT, McCoy's head position is lower before contact because he was air-born when he threw the pass. His head becomes lower, thus, Harrison hits him in the jaw.

I really don't think breaking down a slow-mo video is necessary, though. Regardless, I don't think it's a cheap shot.
                    Horse shit. Harrison hit him in the fucking facemask and dropped his helmet.

Quit being a blind faggot.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

jake is fucking lost man.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by kyhadley
                        Are you trying to be funny right now, or are you really that clueless?

A god damn brian injury >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a torn ligament.

How about we have an experiment where we hit your head repeatedly with a 150 lb weight then compare that to someone who's torn a knee ligament and see who's better off. I find it funny how the people with the weakest brains decide that brain injuries really aren't all that more serious.
                        I find it funny he bitches about people going at Ben's knees but tells us to quit being pussies about someone going at another players head.

Comment

• kyhadley
                          Carefree
                          • Oct 2008

Of course I'm arguing for arguing's sake... you think I care about James Harrison's life?

I like arguing. This is where I do it. FT makes it all worthwhile.

I don't give a fuck about Harrison's head because he created the contact. Its the same reason why people don't care about the shooter and not the shootee in a gun conflict.

You can argue all you want about who's the best QB in the league, or why this team got hosed in a trade, but when it comes to the livelihood of actual human beings I don't think its worth arguing. The facts need to come out. This is why normally I stay out of threads in this subforum because generally the arguments don't really matter in the long matter. But this does matter, this is important and needs to change.

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

Just curious: are people really THIS angry about this? W2B started the thread, yet other people are throwing out words like retard and the like. I am not a Harrison supporter, but it seems a little silly to call someone that views his hit as "not cheap" a retard, considering it's all based upon interpretation.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                              Just curious: are people really THIS angry about this? W2B started the thread, yet other people are throwing out words like retard and the like. I am not a Harrison supporter, but it seems a little silly to call someone that views his hit as "not cheap" a retard, considering it's all based upon interpretation.
                              You act as though it's news that Jake is a retard.

Comment

• DSpydr84
                                I need a sub
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                                Horse shit. Harrison hit him in the fucking facemask and dropped his helmet.

Quit being a blind faggot.
                                Yes and yes, and it's a penalty, yes. "Dirty", though? He's running through contact. He pushes McCoy to the ground. His helmet caught McCoy's jaw, but most of the impact was from the neck down. It just looks bad because any impact with the helmet causes a huge whiplash (which is why people use it in the first place).

This is a big hit to me, nothing more. I don't see a guy that should be removed from the league at all here.

Comment

Working...