X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Dragon Gate is where its at in Japan these days (and the US, to be honest). The tv show is very easy to find online, as are the ppv's. I have a website I can link if anyone wants it, but right now I'm posting from my phone.
    I wouldn't mind that link, Warner.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Edge-mire..

BEST HEEL in the Business

but a 2nd rate babyface....

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Impact this week wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen...I'm shocked.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Larry
          Impact this week wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen...I'm shocked.
          I gave up already.

If what i'm hearing actually goes down, it's about to get real stupid in Orlando.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

I gave up already.

If what i'm hearing actually goes down, it's about to get real stupid in Orlando.
            What'ja hear?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

I gave up already.

PM me or post here...I have no issue with reading spoilers ahead of time.

btw though, you can see Hogan/Bish booking all over the place. No one wins clean...EVER. The small package is as close to clean as you get.

btw - was looking at TNA's ratings...second verse...same as the first. Still getting roughly the same on average. Slightly higher peaks, but...
              Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 02-08-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Larry
                btw - was looking at TNA's ratings...second verse...same as the first. Still getting roughly the same on average. Slightly higher peaks, but...
                That's 'cuz these guys aren't stars. Brother.

Like you said, I dont see anyone getting put over strong.

The last time TNA really got behind someone was Samoa Joe, and the Joe/Angle feud did record business for them. Then they booked Joe into a crybaby, and he made the "I tripped over bad booking" comment. So they booked him as a flesh eating Mike Tyson + 100lbs of flab, and Joe just stopped giving a shit.

They blew it and the only way to get it back would be to book him as an absolute monster, let him annihilate everyone, have him never speak, and just make him a killer. You know, HOW HE GOT OVER TO BEGIN WITH. But it's probably too late anyway, he's been booked into worthlessness.

Same for Abyss, who was made and re-made too many times. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.

AJ is played out as well, the goofy sidekick gimmick killed him IMO. This mini Nature Boy thing wont work, because it makes him look second rate. He should be portrayed AT Flair's level, not below. Could you ever see WWE pulling that shit? Could you imagine Flair coming back, and doing a gimmick where he teaches a guy like Punk or Orton or Jericho "how to be a star"? That's the same as telling everyone AJ STYLES IS NOT A STAR. Why on earth would you do that???!!! Then they wonder why guys don't draw.

And why do I feel like I have typed this 1,000 times????
                Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

So, whats going down in the next few weeks at TNA? Do tell.

Everything you said there is exactly how I feel.

I couldn't give another fuck for really anybody in the company...other than the Pope...love me some Pope.

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

That's 'cuz these guys aren't stars. Brother.

Like you said, I dont see anyone getting put over strong.

The last time TNA really got behind someone was Samoa Joe, and the Joe/Angle feud did record business for them. Then they booked Joe into a crybaby, and he made the "I tripped over bad booking" comment. So they booked him as a flesh eating Mike Tyson + 100lbs of flab, and Joe just stopped giving a shit.

They blew it and the only way to get it back would be to book him as an absolute monster, let him annihilate everyone, have him never speak, and just make him a killer. You know, HOW HE GOT OVER TO BEGIN WITH. But it's probably too late anyway, he's been booked into worthlessness.

Same for Abyss, who was made and re-made too many times. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.

AJ is played out as well, the goofy sidekick gimmick killed him IMO. This mini Nature Boy thing wont work, because it makes him look second rate. He should be portrayed AT Flair's level, not below. Could you ever see WWE pulling that shit? Could you imagine Flair coming back, and doing a gimmick where he teaches a guy like Punk or Orton or Jericho "how to be a star"? That's the same as telling everyone AJ STYLES IS NOT A STAR. Why on earth would you do that???!!! Then they wonder why guys don't draw.

And why do I feel like I have typed this 1,000 times????
                    Because TNA has been in a constantly repeating, poorly booked flux since 2006. I remember I was a regular TNA watcher around the Joe/Angle feud, that thing was hot, built up perfectly... then just completely destroyed within 2-3 months and I've barely watched their show since then.
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                      Edge-mire..

BEST HEEL in the Business

but a 2nd rate babyface....
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQ3Hfs9oxg"]RIP Eddie[/ame]

Agreed.

But in order to become "the BEST HEEL in the Business," Edge had start off as a babyface, get screwed (figuratively and literally), and work his way into the title picture by being an utter bastard.

I would argue that either he or Orton are 1A and 1B as far as Heels that work due to genuine hate directed towards them by the Faces they play off from.

I.E., Before the reworked No Mercy PPV when Orton attacked Cena's Dad AND the Edge/Matt Hardy feud when Hardy got rehired.
                      Last edited by JayDizzle; 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

The triple threat tag title match tonight is elimination rules.

YAY~!

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                          Beautiful Like Moses
                          • Oct 2008

Well.. looks like they're definitely setting up HHH-HBK @ WM. And TBH.. it'd actually be relatively fresh. I like it.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

so the Big show's new gimmick is the ex girlfriend

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                              Formerly ravensownall17
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sideshow Kuzzy
                              Well.. looks like they're definitely setting up HHH-HBK @ WM. And TBH.. it'd actually be relatively fresh. I like it.
                              It also looks like HBK is going to be the heel. Which is definitely new. He hasn't been a heel in what...a long time...

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Ultimo > Miz?

Comment

Working...