X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

I've heard the argument for keeping him but I just can't understand when there's no discernible evidence that he affects any portion of the business.

Everything I hear is "well he's a name, people know him, it makes the company look more important" Sure, okay, but at the end of the day what the hell does it mean for business? He goes on TV shows all the time but can't be bothered to mention the product, he's completely worthless.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
      I've heard the argument for keeping him but I just can't understand when there's no discernible evidence that he affects any portion of the business.

Everything I hear is "well he's a name, people know him, it makes the company look more important" Sure, okay, but at the end of the day what the hell does it mean for business? He goes on TV shows all the time but can't be bothered to mention the product, he's completely worthless.
      The argument is silly for keeping him. He's not a draw in 2013, and won't be in 2014. Sting isn't either, and while he's "Mr. Not WWE"...its time to let him go, too so he has no choice to get that WrestleMania pay day. You will essentially be cutting a significant fraction of your total expenditures on your balance sheet and the bottom line can only grow because of it.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

The idea that people associate Hulk Hogan with TNA is complete bullshit. Nobody knows he's there, nobody cares, he does nothing for them but take a significant portion of their revenue each month.

Routine conversation I have with non-wrestling fans:

"Hey, is Hulk Hogan still around?"

"He's in TNA"

"Where?"
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

The idea that people associate Hulk Hogan with TNA is complete bullshit. Nobody knows he's there, nobody cares, he does nothing for them but take a significant portion of their revenue each month.

Routine conversation I have with non-wrestling fans:

"Hey, is Hulk Hogan still around?"

"He's in TNA"

"Where?"
          Facts iz facts...TNA is struggling to stay afloat financially. They need to cut a significant portion of their expenditures. They spend way too much money for a company that doesn't make any.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

Didn't WWE purchase the Impact Zone for the Hall of Fame?

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

I believe WWE is planning on taking over the old NBA City and putting the HOF there.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

TNA needs to stay in Florida considering most of their talent lives in or around Central Florida.

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

They should definitely compete with all the other activities people would rather do than sit in a sound studio and watch mediocre wrestling in Las Vegas.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

I believe WWE is planning on taking over the old NBA City and putting the HOF there.
                    When did NBA City close? I was just there last year

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      TNA needs to stay in Florida considering most of their talent lives in or around Central Florida.
                      They've been talking Vegas, Vegas/LA area wouldn't be bad either, since a good chunk of the talent & office lives out there, too. TJP, Daniels, Kenny King, Wayne from The Wonder Years, The Bisch sets up shop out there, etc.

They'll end up in fucking Nashville again, and fly EVERYBODY in, you watch.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Also, re: Sting & Hogan, at least Sting can put people over and can still not only walk, but also still work at an acceptable level. Hogan can't even do that, and i'm sure he's a billion times more expensive.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          They've been talking Vegas, Vegas/LA area wouldn't be bad either, since a good chunk of the talent & office lives out there, too. TJP, Daniels, Kenny King, Wayne from The Wonder Years, The Bisch sets up shop out there, etc.

They'll end up in fucking Nashville again, and fly EVERYBODY in, you watch.
                          Vegas wouldn't be bad...it'd open you up to a new group of Indy talent to bring in to work one offs, too. I just think a majority of their talent is in or around Florida and there is a little bed of talent down here that works Central Florida a lot.

I've had a feeling they'll be back in Nashville for a while. Would be the worst spot for them.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

For the ease of talent Vegas would be nice but I just don't know if it's a viable place to tape wrestling in 2013. They couldn't give away tickets in Orlando, is Vegas really going to be that much better?
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• IamMedellin
                              Everything Burns...
                              • Nov 2008

i agree

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Finally watching RAW.

"CUL-DE-SAC OF DISAPPOINTMENT" might be the worst line in RAW history. I must have rewound 100 times. Died.

Comment

Working...