X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

They had some good matches on the card, the World Title Semis and Finals might have got some people back on board. The first half of the card was flawless.

Second half was a disaster...and its not like you missed much of anything...but it hiccuped for me a few times during the title match. Can't be doing that.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

I think i'm officially done with iPPV unless it's USTREAM. I already towel threw Evolve, and ROH gets the VOD out way too late after spoilers have already made the rounds. I can't stay off the internet for three days, that's totally unreasonable. If they could get the shows up within 24 hours, they could probably have my money.

Giving up DGUSA won't be easy, but i'll force myself to skip the next round of shows and I think it'll be easier after that. Especially now that the far superior Dragon Gate Japan is on USTREAM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        I think i'm officially done with iPPV unless it's USTREAM. I already towel threw Evolve, and ROH gets the VOD out way too late after spoilers have already made the rounds. I can't stay off the internet for three days, that's totally unreasonable. If they could get the shows up within 24 hours, they could probably have my money.

Giving up DGUSA won't be easy, but i'll force myself to skip the next round of shows and I think it'll be easier after that. Especially now that the far superior Dragon Gate Japan is on USTREAM.
        Do you know what the costs are associated with using USTREAM? I mean, I don't understand why these little companies won't use USTREAM when you have big boys like New Japan and DG using them.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Do you know what the costs are associated with using USTREAM? I mean, I don't understand why these little companies won't use USTREAM when you have big boys like New Japan and DG using them.
          FUW uses USTREAM, so it can't be that cost prohibitive.

Also, Fed broke down the various packages on another forum, and it looked to me like New Japan was making a killing based on the rates. They had a "gold" package for $999 per year or something. They make that back on one show.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            FUW uses USTREAM, so it can't be that cost prohibitive.

Also, Fed broke down the various packages on another forum, and it looked to me like New Japan was making a killing based on the rates. They had a "gold" package for $999 per year or something. They make that back on one show.
            A company like ROH would also be able to make that back on one show.

Pretty shameful that they just can't get it right after so long.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
              Look on the bright side, buffer wheel will be doing a double shot this weekend with the Evolve show tonight. Who is going to needlessly waste a few hours hoping this isn't a pile of shit the whole time?
              Outside of AR Fox v. Ricochet on Night 2...neither event looks worth the trouble.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Pete Austin and Ron Bass are two scalawags that jump people from behind that need the meanness squeezed out of them.

Damn, Brutus Beefcake was an awful promo.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                    In Joppa. More details at www.marylandwrestling.com
                    They took him off......they are advertising for Rikishi and Tommy Dreamer.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Kenny Omega is the best.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        A company like ROH would also be able to make that back on one show.

Pretty shameful that they just can't get it right after so long.
                        I'll post the graphic tomorrow when I get to work. Any of these companies could easily afford it. There's just a monthy cost involved so they'd pretty much have to put a show on there every month ala NJPW
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SuperKevin
                          War Hero
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                          They took him off......they are advertising for Rikishi and Tommy Dreamer.

posted 10 hours ago on their facebook page

They also announced his son Cody Hall will be at the show as well

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Awesome pic Fed

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

Well I just did a screen shot from uStream lol but yeah, there's no reason most indys couldn't get at the very least Gold. Also YouTube Live allows basically anyone to stream for free (only ad supported). I'm assuming YTLive is way more stable than GFL, WWNLive or any of these other fly-by-night websites.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...