X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
    Were that match and that shitty thrown-together Shield match planned all along or a result of Punk walking away?
    Wyatt-Cena was planned for months.

Shield-Kane/NAO was a result of Punk leaving, IMO.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
      No longer a noob
      • Apr 2011

I remember hearing they wanted to, but I wasn't sure if that was really the plan for WM.

Cena/Wyatt is a no-win proposition. Cena gains nothing by beating him. Wyatt would gain from beating Cena, but they'd never do that. Then you've got the match. Both of them can be led to very, very good matches. Great matches in Cena's case. But I can't see them having a good one with each other. There's no intrigue, there's little build. It seems like a waste.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

I've heard both sides of this, some say Cena wanted the match, others say Vince wanted it. Which is more true?

I have a feeling this is going to be one gigantic turd of a match. To make it interesting, they will overbook it with interference, but Super Cena has to win this one. There might actually be less intrigue in this match than Taker/Lesnar, and a great build has happened for that in my mind. The build here? Not so great, but I will say that I am likely biased against Wyatt's promos. If you guys think it's great, there won't be an argument from me.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Who owns that ass in the random Knux Goes Home promo? I LIKES IT.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Were that match and that shitty thrown-together Shield match planned all along or a result of Punk walking away?
            Months ago, the plans for the top matches were: Taker/Brock, Punk/HHH, Cena/Wyatt & Bryan/Sheamus...they wanted Goldberg/Ryback, too, but I imagine that was never a legit possibility

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Wyatt-Cena was planned for months.

Shield-Kane/NAO was a result of Punk leaving, IMO.
            Apparently, that 6-man is a result of the Outlaws wanting to work with the Shield.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Cena/Wyatt is a no-win proposition. Cena gains nothing by beating him. Wyatt would gain from beating Cena, but they'd never do that. Then you've got the match. Both of them can be led to very, very good matches. Great matches in Cena's case. But I can't see them having a good one with each other. There's no intrigue, there's little build. It seems like a waste.
              Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              I have a feeling this is going to be one gigantic turd of a match. To make it interesting, they will overbook it with interference, but Super Cena has to win this one. There might actually be less intrigue in this match than Taker/Lesnar, and a great build has happened for that in my mind. The build here? Not so great, but I will say that I am likely biased against Wyatt's promos. If you guys think it's great, there won't be an argument from me.

I couldn't disagree more.

They have options because any way you look at it, the night is ending with the HUGE scene of Daniel Bryan FINALLY overcoming all the obstacles to win the WWE strap in the main event of a fucking Wrestlemania. So, Cena doesn't have to come out on top against Wyatt.

Now sure, they may very well have Super Cena pin Wyatt and then have the 3 beat him down the next night on Raw to continue onward. But, if the plan is to make sure Wyatt becomes a legit top level player later in the year, there's no better way to establish him than to get the win over Cena on this show.

Cena can do his damnedest to overcome Harper & Rowan & Wyatt but they're just too damn strong for him. Every time it looks like he's about to finish them off and celebrate, they cut him off and ultimately he has to succumb to it all. Then, you can have the story that Cena continues to doubt himself. Perhaps have him pick a pair of babyfaces (not to get too involved but if they're headstrong about wanting to split Reigns away, you can use this as a way to split him from The Shield) to team with and do 6-man matches with the Wyatts, that way you can have Cena come out on top without actually stopping Bray.

Then, by summertime, after they've emptied their barrel of Orton/Batista rematches with Bryan, you have big bad Bray Wyatt as a legit Summerslam main event opposite champion Bryan. /fantasybooking

But this Wyatt/Cena deal has gotten me the past couple weeks or so. We've seen some semblence of this story a number of times over the years. Heel considers Cena a phony while he insists he's anything but. Wyatt claims he's hellbent on proving to the masses that Cena, his legacy is a farce.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Here are the details on the ROH/New Japan iPPV deal with USTREAM that Empire mentioned:

Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) has come to terms with Ustream, Inc. to provide the May 10th ROH GLOBAL WARS and May 17th ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS events live online. Ustream is a leading service provider of live and on-demand international, sports and variety programming delivered via broadband.

Rated the #1 LIVE online video streaming platform and winning the 2013 Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Awards for their live streaming service, Ustream has an unprecedented track record for reliable, high quality streaming content for almost a decade and has worked with New Japan Pro Wrestling for over two years in providing exceptional LIVE broadcasts.

The two Internet pay-per-view cards, produced and distributed live online by Ring of Honor for $14.95 each, will feature Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s most decorated wrestlers.

The date and times for these super shows are:

•ROH GLOBAL WARS: Saturday, May 10th at 7:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. PST
                •ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS: Saturday, May 17th at 7:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. PST

Both events can be purchased separately in advance or at the time of the event at www.UStream.TV with all major credit cards via Paypal.

Also, the super shows will both be available as a replay immediately after their conclusion of the events on ROH’s Ustream channel and at www.ROHWrestling.com.

"Fans are always asking for live ROH Internet Pay-Per-Views and Ustream’s capabilities allow us to deliver," Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff said. "Through this technology and our production team, fans have an awesome opportunity to enjoy two of the biggest shows of the year live. Ustream is an industry leader in video streaming infrastructure with exceptional reliability for distribution of its live streaming events and we’re excited to collaborate with them on offering these events to our customers worldwide."
                Now remember, USTREAM has been flawless for New Japan, Dragon Gate, and Wrestle-1, but each of those groups simply run an existing live television broadcast on USTREAM. This simplifies things greatly, as the USTREAM viewer is essentially just watching the raw broadcast. Not much can go wrong, because television broadcasts are stable and not reliant on internet.

In the case of ROH (and other indies who do iPPV), they are uploading a direct live stream via the internet produced live from the building. So a million things can go wrong. Bad internet in the shitty buildings they run, cheap equipment, Larry Dallas bringing the wrong wires, etc.

Don't assume this will go off without a hitch simply because USTREAM is at the wheel. This is still being produced by ROH. You would think Sinclair, a TELEVISION COMPANY, could get this right, but they've already failed on three different iPPV services.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

Thank god I don't have pay full price for Wrestlemania this year.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Kuzzy Powers
                    Or you can be in attendance live like some VSN members.
                    JR will be there, too. He's also doing one of his live shows in Toronto. If you can check it out, it's a fun 90 minutes or so.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

I'm going to leave this right here.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Is there a reason why more of the roster bottom feeders aren't regulars on NXT or on there more often? You got Yoshi and Camacho down there...but why not more guys like Hawkins, Jinder Mahal, JTG...

Any specific reason?

Comment

• BigBiss
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Is there a reason why more of the roster bottom feeders aren't regulars on NXT or on there more often? You got Yoshi and Camacho down there...but why not more guys like Hawkins, Jinder Mahal, JTG...

Any specific reason?
                          who would job on main event and superstars then?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by BigBiss

Dolph Ziggler.....though after the "push" they gave him in fighting Big E for the IC belt, that may go to Ryback.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss

Those guys aren't even on Main Events and Superstars.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

JTG, Curt Hawkins, Evan Bourne, and a few others literally get paid to stay home and do nothing. Curt Hawkins never goes to work. He hangs out at the PWS school with Pat Buck every day.

Curt Hawkins has so much free time, he just opened up a wrestling school in Long Island.

I have no idea why they keep these people employed. The thought was that they didn't want to have layoffs while Linda was running for office, but obviously that's no longer a factor.

Comment

Working...