• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Have you posted? Who are you?

dave has an irrational fascination with four things - Edge, Randy Orton, ladder matches, and 90's joshi. We all have our things we overrate. Those are dave's.

And yes, that board hates CM Punk and always has. They are also very very WWE-centric and are very closed minded to anything else. Edge is seen as a pure WWE guy, and Punk is seen to them as an "indie geek".

If you notice, the voters in the thread (Dylan, Bix, Rob McCarron, etc) aren't nearly as anti Punk as the gen poppers (copyright Larry) who often bash non WWE stuff blind without ever even seeing it in the first place.

You've been there, so I'm sure you've noticed that rule #1 to these goofs is "get yourself over". Very little constructive talk takes place, which is sad because you would think the official board of the Observer would be higher quality.
    I saw half of the guys against Punk discredited his work and put him at a "half dozen or so good matches"...talk about getting yourself over...fuckin ay.

In regards to Punk's influence, which a lot of people always value...he essentially sparked the "Reality Era"...not only that, but to those discrediting his work sure don't watch a ton of RAW and Smackdown. Punk had some fantastic RAW matches nearly every week for since he won the belt from Cena at MitB until he left the company. A ton of matches versus Bryan, Cena, Jericho, Mark Henry, Ziggler, etc. that would be among the best matches on RAW over the past decade. No one, outside of say, Bryan, was having better matches regularly during the WWE's recent in-ring hot period and Punk was having better matches on the higher end.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      I saw half of the guys against Punk discredited his work and put him at a "half dozen or so good matches"...talk about getting yourself over...fuckin ay.

In regards to Punk's influence, which a lot of people always value...he essentially sparked the "Reality Era"...not only that, but to those discrediting his work sure don't watch a ton of RAW and Smackdown. Punk had some fantastic RAW matches nearly every week for since he won the belt from Cena at MitB until he left the company. A ton of matches versus Bryan, Cena, Jericho, Mark Henry, Ziggler, etc. that would be among the best matches on RAW over the past decade. No one, outside of say, Bryan, was having better matches regularly during the WWE's recent in-ring hot period and Punk was having better matches on the higher end.
      The other part of the influence argument, is Punk really opened the door for WWE to take a serious look at indie stars. WWE signed Punk in 2005, he was really the first of that new crop of indie guys to get a deal. His success probably had a lot to do with the door opening for your Rollins and Bryan's and Cesaro's and Neville's and Zayn's and Amborse's etc etc etc all of whom are stars or poised to be stars. Where would the WWE be today without mining the indies post Punk?

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

The other part of the influence argument, is Punk really opened the door for WWE to take a serious look at indie stars. WWE signed Punk in 2005, he was really the first of that new crop of indie guys to get a deal. His success probably had a lot to do with the door opening for your Rollins and Bryan's and Cesaro's and Neville's and Zayn's and Amborse's etc etc etc all of whom are stars or poised to be stars. Where would the WWE be today without mining the indies post Punk?
        Unbelievably true.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Punk, to me, checks off so many boxes...I can't even consider a counter discussion about him NOT being Hall of Fame worthy. If Tanahashi got in last year first ballot, I see no reason why Punk couldn't be a first ballot American.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
            No longer a noob
            • Apr 2011

Paul Heyman could sell rave tickets to people with epilepsy.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

WWE would still be at the top, but their future would be a lot less secure. TNA would actually be able to sign decent talent as WWE would have ignored many of the names they have coming up. Jeff Jarrett's new venture would have talent to sign, instead of ex-TNA stars when they come available. Very smart decision on their part. The one thing I wish is that they would acknowledge more of what went on in the indies and that these folks have squared off before.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

So they can keep giving RVD his 90 days, and are going to put Darren Young in the bunny suit

Yet Christian has apparently been cleared to return to the ring but creative has nothing for him?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Tonight's NXT is the most excited I've been for a WWE show all year with the exception of WM (and that was only to see Daniel Bryan get his crowning moments), NXT tonight should be great from top to bottom.

Comment

• Ravin
                    Dishing the Gino's
                    • Feb 2009

Got to speak with Mick Foley yesterday doing an interview on his show that he is doing here where I live. I'll type up some of the questions and answers I asked him later on, but have to say, if you ever have talked to him, he is the most relaxed, chill guy to talk to. I don't get nervous much when doing interviews, but this is Mick Foley, and for a few moments I had some butterflies. But just so easy to talk to.

One question I asked is who does he like watching right now. He actually said "I know this sounds ridiculous, but I love whatever Damon Sandow is doing."
                    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

All I do know is this...

Warner is going to be ALL IN on this next set of NXT episodes after reading spoilers. ALL IN.

Might end up being Warner's favorite 4 week stretch of NXT ever.

Full dose of KENTA, Full dose of HOSS DIVISION member TITUS, and more.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        All I do know is this...

Warner is going to be ALL IN on this next set of NXT episodes after reading spoilers. ALL IN.

Might end up being Warner's favorite 4 week stretch of NXT ever.

Full dose of KENTA, Full dose of HOSS DIVISION member TITUS, and more.
                        Yeah, I saw the Titus pics. I don't read spoilers of shit i'm going to watch, but i'm very excited.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Based solely off Warner's tweets and some content, I am 110% behind Titus right now.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

JR on Brock's career

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Points out that Lesnar's University of Minnesota wrestling coach suggested they sign Shelton Benjamin along with Brock to make sure that he would stay focused and ease the transition.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

This is great: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/wwe-...tami-interview

Zayn goes HAM and name drops like crazy. Never thought i'd read something like this on WWE.com.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Might have been the best singular NXT episode in a while. This batch of tapings is going to deliver, for sure.

The in-ring wasn't great, but not insulting either...but the storyline progression was something we don't often see from NXT in recent vintage.

Writer turnover seems to be working out for the best.

Comment

Working...