X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
    God, I hope so. They've just shit on everything they had going for them. Seth Rollins was one of their hottest wrestlers back in Feb/March, and now he's a boring chickenshit heel. The Wyatts aren't much of a thing anymore. Cesaro has lost so much momentum. Brock lost his mystique to feed SuperCena.......AGAIN. The Mizdow stuff is great, and that's it for me. I love Ziggles, his matches with Miz are pretty watchable, and Sandow is killing it as stunt double. Everything else is done for me. Brock is human again, which sucks. Ambrose always has to be involved in some sort of shmozz. The Authority is stale and has been since SS, maybe before. Rusev is the same over and over again. And speaking of the same, the Usos. Good lord, give them a break or something. Put them in a few singles matches, change up their moveset, keep them off TV a few weeks, SOMETHING! They're great, I like 'em, but they've been beaten into the ground.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not a Wyatt fan, so I can't say I miss not seeing them as frequently. Definitely agree on the Usos, just change the match style up and get some new moves. Like the Cena/Orton 1000 matches, I feel we've seen the same Uso matches 1000 times.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
      God, I hope so. They've just shit on everything they had going for them. Seth Rollins was one of their hottest wrestlers back in Feb/March, and now he's a boring chickenshit heel. The Wyatts aren't much of a thing anymore. Cesaro has lost so much momentum. Brock lost his mystique to feed SuperCena.......AGAIN. The Mizdow stuff is great, and that's it for me. I love Ziggles, his matches with Miz are pretty watchable, and Sandow is killing it as stunt double. Everything else is done for me. Brock is human again, which sucks. Ambrose always has to be involved in some sort of shmozz. The Authority is stale and has been since SS, maybe before. Rusev is the same over and over again. And speaking of the same, the Usos. Good lord, give them a break or something. Put them in a few singles matches, change up their moveset, keep them off TV a few weeks, SOMETHING! They're great, I like 'em, but they've been beaten into the ground.
      Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not a Wyatt fan, so I can't say I miss not seeing them as frequently. Definitely agree on the Usos, just change the match style up and get some new moves. Like the Cena/Orton 1000 matches, I feel we've seen the same Uso matches 1000 times.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

So, by the end of the year, the following TNA talent are confirmed as becoming free agents:

-Bully Ray (after Bound for Glory)
        -Brother D-Von
        -Samoa Joe (after Bound for Glory)
        -Austin Aries
        -Gail Kim
        -Kurt Angle (expires on 9/27)

TNA cannot offer them new deals because they have no idea what their financials will look like in 2015, if they get a new TV deal, if they do how much $$$ will it bring in, etc.

Wrestlers under contract for the future have been told they can take any indie bookings they want (aside from the days of trip to Japan coming up), with the only restrictions that they cannot appear on TV, PPV or iPPV elsewhere.

Best guesses for where they end up?

Angle, I doubt will get an offer from WWE. Assuming Jarrett's GFW is just a marketing name, does he unofficially retire?
        Kim I would imagine, if she's interested in the full-time schedule, could easily get back in with WWE.
        Aries would appear to be a lock to return to ROH.
        As for Joe, I'm not sure if theres much interest from WWE, plus ROH would snatch him up in a second and he would probably make a decent living off the indies again.
        Ray seems like a lock for WWE, I believe DVon would be welcomed back, too.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2011

Samoa Joe going back to ROH would be a big deal. But man would I like to see Aries on the NXT roster.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Bubba and DVon would be welcomed back probably, and at least give a decent program together. Bubba would likely be out of the main event spot in my mind. Gail Kim is a likely addition for WWE, and that would be great for many of the Divas on the roster. Kurt wants to return from WWE, but if the story reported earlier can be believed, he went to H's, was told no, then went over his head to Vince, who told him H's handles all talent and contract decisions. I think him in a program against Rusev would be great, but after that, what does he do?

Aries and Samoa Joe would be the few who could get back in with ROH. I would think Aries might have a better chance than Joe of getting into the WWE, but I don't think either end up there. I would love to see Aries there, however.

A lot of this discussion on where talent goes really depends on what Jarrett has in store. All of those names could go to GFW instead of WWE or ROH.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Free Observer Radio, with Bryan Alvarez & Dave Meltzer breaking down RAW, the Bound For Glory card, Jeff Jarrett's GFW distributing & marketing January's New Japan Tokyo Dome show for U.S. traditional PPV, and more. Figured i'd link it for you guys.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Bound for Glory 2014, from Korakuen Hall in Tokyo:

-The Great Muta/Tajiri vs James Storm and Great Sanada
                -Team 3D vs Tommy Dreamer/Abyss
                -Samoa Joe vs Low Ki vs Kaz Hayashi for the X Division belt
                -EC3 vs Ryota Hama
                -MVP vs Kazma Sakamoto
                -Manik vs Minoru Tanaka
                -Havok vs Velvet Sky

They cant do title matches because they changed all of the titles at the last tapings, but the title changes won't air until after BFG. Most of the old champs have contracts that expired anyway, which is why they did the changes to begin with.

They are letting Low Ki defend the title, but only for the Japanese audience. They will edit out the entrances for the US broadcast, and when Low Ki wins, they will act as if he's winning the title from Joe. Joe gave up the title at the tapings, citing injury. Low Ki won a four way to win the title live, but it airs after BFG. So when it airs, they will edit things and present the four way as a title defense for TV, since he's "winning" the title at BFG (which in reality is a title defense since he won it already in the four way). Got all that? TNA in a nutshell, folks.

As for this show, the idea of Velvet Sky working Korakuen Hall is hilarious. She is fucking terrible, so she better hope her tits get her over.

ECIII vs Ryota Hama sounds tremendous. Google Hama. Should be super fun.

X-Div match should be good.

Manik/Minoru has the potential to be great, but they won't get time.

I love KAZMA SAKAMOTO as a sleazy heel (he's the guy who used to come out with Tensai), but I don't think a match vs MVP will be anything special.

The two tag matches on top will be as good as the participants want them to be. A bunch of dudes who could work real hard and have good matches, or mail it in and kill the show.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Not having Austin Aries on the show is about the only bad decision for this card. TNA is acting like they are mailing it in and not concerned with BFG, so as you say, TNA in a nutshell. This company just needs to shut down, it's laughable at this point.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                    Not having Austin Aries on the show is about the only bad decision for this card. TNA is acting like they are mailing it in and not concerned with BFG, so as you say, TNA in a nutshell. This company just needs to shut down, it's laughable at this point.
                    His contract is up. So is Bully Ray's, but he's working date to date.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Cary Elwes was asked about Andre in his AMA the other day:

Andre could drink more than anyone I've ever met. And the reason he drank so much was because he was in a lot of pain from back injuries. But he never complained. He always had a smile on his face. And so went drinking with him one night in NY, and all I did all night was sip a beer, and he thought it was quite amusing. He could drink 103 beers in one sitting. One sitting. And not pass out or anything, or even tipsy!

It was like Bill Goldman said: it's like the Pentagon. No matter how big people tell you it's going to be, it's always bigger when you're in front of it. He was like the Eighth Wonder of the World. He was one of the sweetest people I'd ever met.

Comment

• buckeye
                        Noob
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        Cary Elwes was asked about Andre in his AMA the other day:
                        If you have ever watched the "Biography" of Andre you would be amazed at many things about him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Is this the end of Ziggler's latest push?

Comment

• MrBill
                            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                            • Feb 2009

It finally happened...

Comment

• XavierDZ
                              Noob
                              • Apr 2013

Anyone Excited for Royal Rumble?

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                                Formerly ravensownall17
                                • Feb 2009

Any of y'all still around?

I don't really watch much WWE anymore...it's probably cliche to say at this point but the "get Roman over at all costs" initiative really killed my interest. Especially this latest deal with Braun. I do love me some Alexa Bliss though.

Comment

Working...