X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

If we get Neville & Zayn for the next 3 months building up their first singles match for the belt on the next live special in December, sweet.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

NXT needs more TITUS as well. They need a few legitimate big hosses to have hoss matches. Bull Dempsey ain't cuttin it. Hoss of the Month would be a good special guest at each batch of tapings.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Might have been the best singular NXT episode in a while. This batch of tapings is going to deliver, for sure.

The in-ring wasn't great, but not insulting either...but the storyline progression was something we don't often see from NXT in recent vintage.

Writer turnover seems to be working out for the best.
        Great show, I definitely agree with that. Loved seeing NXTitus in a serious role instead of the next Kane/Danielson comedy tag.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

I thought Brodus Clay had a nice little run on NXT, but I really think Titus can shine. I dont read spoilers so I have no idea if he sticks around, but I loved him rag dolling Zayn & dragging him around. Since Titus's Superstars run seems to be over, i'm all for seeing him on NXT until they decide to give him a proper push on the main roster.

Switching gears, go out of your way to watch the Cavernario vs Rey Cometa, and Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero mask vs mask match from the CMLL Anniversary show. The former was a legit MOTY contender, and the latter was just an amazing spectacle of emotion. It was a good match, too. Fantastic finish, and flat out amazing, emotional post match.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
            Fuck em
            • Oct 2008

So Roman reigns out of NoC, hernia surgery, are they just going to patch it with Ambrose?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

It appears they booked Florida-Georgia line to perform live tonight. Considering your venue is in Nashville, they did a good job replacing Reigns/Rollins from a box office perspective and not having to really offer refunds or anything.

Really, if they had Ambrose face off with Rollins, I think that's essentially replacing Reigns. Sure, they are building him to be a top guy, but it's not like Cena, Lesnar or the Rock are injured and not able to compete.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

So on a scale of 1-3, 1 being unbelievably terrible and 3 being just a hair below a passable wrestling PPV, how would you guys rate NOC? I'm gonna go with a 2; really, really bad but with one or two things that didn't totally suck. The Sheamus/Cesaro match was really good, and I'm not a big strong style guy. Cesaro is really top notch in the ring. I might have him above Ziggler now.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

James Storm, Manik and Great Sanada ask the Wolves to join their group. Richards turned Storm down. This turned into a brawl. Storm then cashed in his Feast Or fired tag title match from December that nobody remembered. Storm brought out his mystery surprise as Abyss.

I have not watched Impact since, I think the beginning of August...but this shit made me lol.

So, James Storm has a clique...himself, TJP, and Sanada (lol)...he wants the Wolves to join, they say "no thanks" and he cashes in a briefcase that no one remembers from nearly a year ago...AND THEN HE WINS THE TITLES WITH ABYSS?!?!

TNA is truly just shitting itself on the way out. They were strung up, hanged, and now they are just dangling there, soiled, waiting to die.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

RAW was bad again.

But I liked the AJ/Nikki match. It was like Flair working with a broom. The awkward Nikki ass "move" against the ropes was a great WTF moment amongst it all.

Also, Nattie I'm sure takes pride in working with the girls who may not have much experience...she shines through when given time, even 5 minutes.

This womens division they have between AJ, Paige, Nattie and with Charlotte & Bayley on nxt is the best they've had in years. Sure, sometimes we get Bellas or one of the half dozen girls who have little to offer in a match, but you gotta take the shit with the good.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      RAW was bad again.

But I liked the AJ/Nikki match. It was like Flair working with a broom. The awkward Nikki ass "move" against the ropes was a great WTF moment amongst it all.

Also, Nattie I'm sure takes pride in working with the girls who may not have much experience...she shines through when given time, even 5 minutes.

This womens division they have between AJ, Paige, Nattie and with Charlotte & Bayley on nxt is the best they've had in years. Sure, sometimes we get Bellas or one of the half dozen girls who have little to offer in a match, but you gotta take the shit with the good.
                      Emma needs to get her groove back.

She should go back down to NXT for a while and get that groove back. She debuted to a fart, and has squandered ever since (despite a good match a few weeks ago)...send her back down to NXT (Charlotte is moving up sooner rather than later)...and have her work there for a little while as a gate keeper to get the groove back and bring her back up...she's a good hand when she isn't getting arrested.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

WWE has lost a ton of momentum since WM, more so than I can remember in the past 10 years. Maybe time for a other writers changeover? They need something.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                          WWE has lost a ton of momentum since WM, more so than I can remember in the past 10 years. Maybe time for a other writers changeover? They need something.
                          The NXT call-ups will help with some new blood, but they ran Orton and Cena as the Raw main event and they've had what seems to be 1000 matches at this point. They need to stop repeating matches like that, no better way to kill a crowd during a main event than to do something we've seen many times over.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                            RAW was bad again.

The Divas division has come through very well for WWE the past year, despite the Total Divas needing exposure and giving some of the women matches who shouldn't be in the ring. Great to see the above names you mentioned doing extremely well, matches with them are no longer break time.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              James Storm, Manik and Great Sanada ask the Wolves to join their group. Richards turned Storm down. This turned into a brawl. Storm then cashed in his Feast Or fired tag title match from December that nobody remembered. Storm brought out his mystery surprise as Abyss.

I have not watched Impact since, I think the beginning of August...but this shit made me lol.

So, James Storm has a clique...himself, TJP, and Sanada (lol)...he wants the Wolves to join, they say "no thanks" and he cashes in a briefcase that no one remembers from nearly a year ago...AND THEN HE WINS THE TITLES WITH ABYSS?!?!

TNA is truly just shitting itself on the way out. They were strung up, hanged, and now they are just dangling there, soiled, waiting to die.
                              He was doing the devil-on-your-shoulder deal with Sanada, then it delved into a weird play on the Japanese veteran/young boy deal with Storm beating on him. Now Sanada is a stereotypical face painted mystical asian warrior Muta knockoff.

Manik has a new look, too. There is a hood attached to his costume that falls over his head & eyes when he does anything remotely athletic.

TNA changed every title in two days on the tapings, for shows that wont air until after Bound for Glory. That means no title matches on BFG, because the Japanese are strict about results and won't play that "title change didn't air yet" nonsense at Korakuen based on them flipping out last time TNA pulled that.

Oh, and BFG is the last scheduled show for 2014. It's September, and they are essentially going dark for the rest of the year.

Somebody put the pillow over the nose of this shit while it's sleeping.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                                The NXT call-ups will help with some new blood, but they ran Orton and Cena as the Raw main event and they've had what seems to be 1000 matches at this point. They need to stop repeating matches like that, no better way to kill a crowd during a main event than to do something we've seen many times over.
                                God, I hope so. They've just shit on everything they had going for them. Seth Rollins was one of their hottest wrestlers back in Feb/March, and now he's a boring chickenshit heel. The Wyatts aren't much of a thing anymore. Cesaro has lost so much momentum. Brock lost his mystique to feed SuperCena.......AGAIN. The Mizdow stuff is great, and that's it for me. I love Ziggles, his matches with Miz are pretty watchable, and Sandow is killing it as stunt double. Everything else is done for me. Brock is human again, which sucks. Ambrose always has to be involved in some sort of shmozz. The Authority is stale and has been since SS, maybe before. Rusev is the same over and over again. And speaking of the same, the Usos. Good lord, give them a break or something. Put them in a few singles matches, change up their moveset, keep them off TV a few weeks, SOMETHING! They're great, I like 'em, but they've been beaten into the ground.

Comment

Working...