X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

I'm considering getting it. Besides Punk in Chicago (hot crowd), there are 2 ladder matches which should be pretty damn fun.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
      I'm going to buy it because hopefully it's a trigger that new things = pay-per-view buys. If everyone streams it then how are you ever going to get across the idea that you're sick of the same generic crap?
      I'm feeling a ton of buzz for this PPV, I think it will blow away usual B show numbers. People are kinda excited about wrestling again thanks to last Monday, but the fact it got the insider geeks all stoked means Vince will likely shit on it out of spite.

I promised myself I wouldn't spend another dollar on the WWE indefinately a few years ago, and I haven't. This show might have gotten me to break my ban, if I hadn't already purchased a UFC this month, plus I'm sure my GF, as usual, has purchased at least a half dozen PPV movies that she could have waited a few weeks to see on HBO/Showtime. So I'm not too excited about a potential $300 sat bill.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

I'm tempted to buy it, too. I do expect it to disappoint, but I feel like its a way to show the WWE that some stuff we do wanna - like Punk actually being treated like a true main eventer.

Raw was pretty meh last night. Great to see Zach Ryder get trotted out for a random appearance and pop. They can't find a way to get him on-screen when its a live 3-hour Raw in his hometown, but we can have him just randomly show up after a match and hit his Woo woo Woo... Fucking WWE...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

I kind of prefer woo woo woo guy as an undercard internet darling. If he gets pushed they will just destroy him with overkill like Santino, who went from awesome to Hornswoggle level annoying within weeks. They can't do anything with any sort of subtlety.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

I'm not looking for or expecting a push. Just let the guy get on TV occassionally. He gets a reaction and that's most of the battle in the WWE.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              I kind of prefer woo woo woo guy as an undercard internet darling. If he gets pushed they will just destroy him with overkill like Santino, who went from awesome to Hornswoggle level annoying within weeks. They can't do anything with any sort of subtlety.
              I like Ryder just as he is...honestly, how is being a jobber on TV going to make the Long Island Story better?

He seems like a good kid though, so, I would like to see him succeed...but if the writers take a hold of his character, its going to go to shit.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Don't buy...watch a stream is you're that interested. It is sure to disappoint.
                Yeah, the WWE just isn't good at/doesn't want to maintain momentum. They'll have something like this or the Nexus starting that gets people excited who still watch it for whatever reason. In two months, everything will be back to the way it was and this PPV will be remembered for how it "could have been better". Hoping for something better is just like Charlie Brown hoping to finally kick the ball. It's just naive. But hey, for once the MITB match isn't the only thing people care about on the card.
                SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by manchild24
                  I thought all those strem sites got hit.
                  Welcome to the interwebs, bro.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Santino could make them real money if they treated him as anything more than just undercard comedy in the rare chances they do use him at all.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

A WWE spokesman noted to GLAAD in their response to CM Punk uttering an anti-gay slur during yesterday's Raw live event in Australia that the wrestler is legitimately leaving the organization following the Money in the Bank pay-per-view event on July 18.

OpposingViews.com printed the following in their article: "WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"A spokesperson for the WWE told us "We are taking this very seriously."

OpposingViews.com also notes that GLAAD provided training to members of WWE's editorial staff and writing team in May. The media monitoring organization is also in discussions with WWE to provide similar training seminars to on-camera talent.
                      Sources within WWE have exclusively revealed that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Triple H are said to be very angry at talent relations executive John Laurinaitis over his failure to re-sign CM Punk. We have been told the heat on Laurinaitis is serious because this is seen as his second serious failure this year, with the failure to keep Chris Jericho on the roster falling on Laurinaitis’ shoulders as well.

One WWE source says “this is the same job JR had for years, and it’s a heat-magnet because you’re trapped between Vince’s expectations and the talents who want to break away from the brutal schedule.”

Another company source told us “Laurinaitis has made millions in salary and stock options. He’s expected to perform for that money, and produce results. Right now, he’s not getting done the job Vince expects of him!”

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

The worse thing about Wrestling:

Even it this is all true, if you've followed wrestling at the point where Vince/Bischoff/Russo let us see behind the curtain, you've stopped caring.

You want to see matches, titles being fought over and suspense being built.

What do you see now? Petty bullshit that should be behind closed doors.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

From GLAAD's blog:

WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk’s contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us “this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.”
                          lol, I hope WWE is working them...

Definitely looks like he's taking a break, how long will be the question.

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

I love Santino. I'm not saying he's main event or anything, but that guy should be bigger than he is.
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Santino would never get over as anything other than comic relief.

He's really good at that...let him roll with it. You could job him out for years in one minute squashes, but give him a mic and he'll make the crowd laugh and the kids will pop for him.

Not everyone needs to be a champ or put over as a winner to be a valuable part of the show.

I'd prefer to see Zack Ryder as the self-proclaimed "Internet Champion" and only work Superstar shows than see him on RAW. That isn't his dream, but I think there is more to work with than having him wander out to the stage to say "Woo Woo Woo" for a random RAW in Australia.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                                Kuzzy's quote-fest RE: CM Punk
                                Vince needs to realize that some of this younger generation will not work themselves to the bone like some of the older guys did. Guys like Jericho and Punk aren't your ham'n'egger bums that would otherwise be working in a 7-11 if they weren't wrestling. Smart guys that I know the business. Not everyone will be Cena or Edge that just grind away for years barring injury and not everyone will be The Undertaker or HHH that hang around even though they aren't performing.

Comment

Working...