X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

I just hate nash right now and have NO interest in the WWE. Punk is over huge though, Im glad for him.

Is it only or does anyone else love the tag team titles

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
      I just hate nash right now and have NO interest in the WWE. Punk is over huge though, Im glad for him.

Is it only or does anyone else love the tag team titles
      I hate the tag belts. They look like giant pennies.

Most of the belt redesigns have been changed for the worse IMO.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        That is awful to praise that next to a truly great match like the MitB match.

Its funny, because they don't often throw that praise around. I mean, they praise the Macho Man - Ricky Steamboat WrestleMania match like crazy. They praise the first Razor-Michaels Ladder Match like crazy. They praise one of the TLC's like crazy. Austin-Hart at WrestleMania.

I think the Punk-Cena MitB match is worth the praise.

The Summerslam match tried to do a lot of things that worked in the first match, but just didn't give us anything new. The end was poor, too.
        I think there are two reasons.

One, I believe there is some resentment to how well MITB got over. Sounds nuts, but they obviously resent things getting over all of the time. Well, fuck these hardcores, SummerSlam is the big show, that is the match they should love, not the B-show. People who don't follow this wacky business would never understand that mind frame, but they really do think this way.

Two, I think they are trying to drive replay buys because the SummerSlam number underwhelmed.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          I think there are two reasons.

One, I believe there is some resentment to how well MITB got over. Sounds nuts, but they obviously resent things getting over all of the time. Well, fuck these hardcores, SummerSlam is the big show, that is the match they should love, not the B-show. People who don't follow this wacky business would never understand that mind frame, but they really do think this way.

Two, I think they are trying to drive replay buys because the SummerSlam number underwhelmed.
          They damn sure aren't trying to sell PPV replays

Comment

• Bmore
            The True Free-Man
            • Oct 2008

When the fuck did Kevin Nash come back?

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bmore
              When the fuck did Kevin Nash come back?
              Came in for a one-shot at the last Royal Rumble and then showed up at the end of SummerSlam to powerbomb Punk.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                I hate the tag belts. They look like giant pennies.

Most of the belt redesigns have been changed for the worse IMO.
                Yes! Their tag and IC belts used to be awesome looking in the 90's. Now the IC belt isn't as good, but those tag belts are hoooooooorrible.
                SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

My favorite version of the WWE championship. Debuted on NBC during the Hogan/Andre program. Last person to hold it was Austin.

This belt was ok....first used by Stone Cold the night after Wrestlemania 14.

Favorite version of the IC title.

Favorite version of the Tag Belts

Comment

• Aso
                    The Serious House
                    • Nov 2008

Just found out that David Arquette is a one time WCW Champion. He's cemented his place among the all time greats.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

And Kevin Federline is undefeated with a win over John Cena.

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                      Just found out that David Arquette is a one time WCW Champion. He's cemented his place among the all time greats.
                      To his credit, Arquette knew it was ludicrous they would put the belt on him. Believe he donated all the money he made off wrestling to the families of deceased wrestlers.

Credit this putz fuck with putting the belt on Arquette (and later on, himself)

How the shithead is still employed over a decade later is beyond sad at this point, it's comically horrible.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

From Meltzer, NBC has greenlit this idea:

This will be a fictional drama about wrestling in the 1980s, put together by veteran producer Jerry Bruckheimer, with Dwayne Johnson involved as the Executive Producer. Thus far NBC has greenlit a pilot.
                        Hopefully it won't be shitty when they actually get to work on it. Always felt a fictionalized show based around pro wrestling could be a goldmine.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Yeah Arquette was a big wrestling fan who was very embarrassed by the whole deal of winning the title.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                            From Meltzer, NBC has greenlit this idea:

Hopefully it won't be shitty when they actually get to work on it. Always felt a fictionalized show based around pro wrestling could be a goldmine.
                            Here you go...

NBC is getting in the ring with a put pilot commitment to a drama about the 1980s professional wrestling boom that is executive produced by one of the biggest '90s wrestling stars, Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock.

Apparently Hulk Hogan was the first ever wrestling superstar, despite nearly 100 years of history before him.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              Here you go...

NBC is getting in the ring with a put pilot commitment to a drama about the 1980s professional wrestling boom that is executive produced by one of the biggest '90s wrestling stars, Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock.

Apparently Hulk Hogan was the first ever wrestling superstar, despite nearly 100 years of history before him.
                              lol @ that line. Whenever "mainstream" writes about it, they're always good for one fuck up.

Could be argued that George was the first TV star, period, wrestling or not. When TVs first started coming out, wrestling was one of the few available shows. Been a staple of American TV ever since.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PNsLB7gyiw[/ame]

Comment

• Aso
                                The Serious House
                                • Nov 2008

Yeah, this putz is the one that almost single handedly took down WCW. Just got done watching the rise and fall of WCW. Some crazy shit that went down there. WCW had a nice little run though.

Comment

Working...