X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Seems anything involving WCW ends up shit. Not hard to connect those dots.
    They've got some other real shitty docs for DVDs, too.

Big Show, Batista, Randy Orton, any of the Cena ones, any of the Mysterio ones, most of the Steve Austin ones (his definitive DVD release in 2011 was really good), the Warrior one is a train wreck.

Plus, the WWE half-asses a lot of their own compilation discs.

I think it depends on who is working on the discs. You have some guys that really value these things and when they do them, they put effort into them...the Punk doc, the Edge doc, Jericho doc, Austin's 2011 doc, Rock's docnd so, Eddie, the Warriors...they have some real good ones, too. The other feds like WCCW, ECW, AWA, etc have had guys put real effort into good stories...it just seems like no one has given a fuck if a legitimate WCW story is told or not.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

yeah, the nWo dvd was fuking awful, But was the Jake Roberts one any Good?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Yes, the Roberts one is very good.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          They've got some other real shitty docs for DVDs, too.

Big Show, Batista, Randy Orton, any of the Cena ones, any of the Mysterio ones, most of the Steve Austin ones (his definitive DVD release in 2011 was really good), the Warrior one is a train wreck.

Plus, the WWE half-asses a lot of their own compilation discs.

I think it depends on who is working on the discs. You have some guys that really value these things and when they do them, they put effort into them...the Punk doc, the Edge doc, Jericho doc, Austin's 2011 doc, Rock's docnd so, Eddie, the Warriors...they have some real good ones, too. The other feds like WCCW, ECW, AWA, etc have had guys put real effort into good stories...it just seems like no one has given a fuck if a legitimate WCW story is told or not.
          The Warrior doc was awesome for totally different reasons that the others. Blatant burial, tons of fun.

People like Bret & Punk were insistent on controlling a lot of what was done, which is important. Bret knew the score after the Warrior doc, and was quick to participate. We all know Punk's m.o., that motherfucker is principled & stubborn and wasnt going to have it any other way.

At the end of the day, Vince is going to tell the story of WCW & Ted Turner his way. It's not going to change if Vince is breathing, and all of the rewritten history will become reality the more time that passes.

Somebody should turn Bryan Alvarez's Death of WCW into a doc.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

I agree, Vince will re-write the history of WCW, but the WWE doesn't even produce bash pieces. They produce half-assed docs that praise WCW more than anything. The nWo doc was nothing but praise of the group with everyone stroking them off. Didn't even get into bash mode on any level.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

I highly recommend this if you can track it down:

Kevin Von Erich touring the condemned Sportatorium is some surreal stuff.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Also, this. Probably learned more shit I never knew from this doc than any other wrestling doc i've seen.

The trailer isn't very good, but the doc goes super in depth about the early days with Billy Wolf, and the transition to Moolah controlling women's wrestling. Fascinating stuff, especially if you are into the behind the scenes politics & history.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

One more...

The infamous Gaea Girls. Eye opening and shocking look at the culture of Japanese women's wrestling.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                    No longer a noob
                    • Apr 2011

McGuinness's doc intrigues the shit out of me. I liked the guy, and he seems genuinely sharp and engaging. Which would make a concussion problem all that much worse. It could be a totally different type of doc than any before.

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

Must watch for any wrestling Student ... any Male or Female

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                        • Jul 2009

Do you guys think Survivor Series is worth a purchase? I'm kinda on the fence because I'm expecting someone like Brock or the Rock to do a surprise run-in.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                          War Hero
                          • May 2012

I can't wait to see the Rise and Fall of the WWE DVD, I wonder who will make it?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                            I can't wait to see the Rise and Fall of the WWE DVD, I wonder who will make it?
                            We'll be long dead if that day should ever come.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

I find it weird that the biggest draws in MMA and Boxing are guys who the WWE would say are too small to be anything. I know its Apples and Oranges but I'm just sayin.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                                I find it weird that the biggest draws in MMA and Boxing are guys who the WWE would say are too small to be anything. I know its Apples and Oranges but I'm just sayin.
                                It's a very valid point that many people have brought up before, and it's a self fulfilled prophecy for Vince McMahon, who has conditioned his audience that big = tough and more muscles = tougher.

Comment

Working...