X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BazookaJoe5
    Formerly ravensownall17
    • Feb 2009

I'm 100% sure that whatever money TNA could make off such a feud, they will find a way to botch it and make no money at all.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
      I think TNA could really be on to something if they make Matt Hardy a face to rally half the roster behind against his brother Jeff and his mega heel faction
      not so much

Why would the face TNA roster rally behind Matt Hardy? Wouldn't they see him as just another outsider who could screw them to align himself with his brother and the majority of TNA?

Besides, it's been proven twice, Matt/Jeff feuds do not work. For whatever reason, the promo work, the matches are too flat.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
        Randy Orton via Twitter on TNA: "Checked out TNA for the 2nd time ever. Samoa Joe can move. I miss working with Angle and Jeff. Coulda done w/o the JWow segment. I enjoyed the backstage stuff for the most part anyway. Something about the realness of the conversations between some of the talent was really well done"

On AJ Styles, Orton said: "never met him. Can do some amazing things in the ring. IMO has alot to do with tna's early success."
        Interesting comments.

Watching Samoa Joe waste away his prime years is sad. He was an amazing worker by the age of 25 or 26, and could have been an all time great. The last three years should have been his best in ring years, instead it's as if he hasnt even existed.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
          Formerly ravensownall17
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          not so much

Why would the face TNA roster rally behind Matt Hardy? Wouldn't they see him as just another outsider who could screw them to align himself with his brother and the majority of TNA?

Besides, it's been proven twice, Matt/Jeff feuds do not work. For whatever reason, the promo work, the matches are too flat.
          WWE PG programming in a way ruined the Matt/Jeff feud last year. It couldn't be as intense as it needed to be because they wouldn't allow it. TNA would, but nobody really cares about TNA so it's not going to matter.

BTW, asking "why" when it comes to a potential TNA storyline...really? :uglyhammer:

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Interesting comments.

Watching Samoa Joe waste away his prime years is sad. He was an amazing worker by the age of 25 or 26, and could have been an all time great. The last three years should have been his best in ring years, instead it's as if he hasnt even existed.
            Orton's got a point and it's been brought about a million times in Styles' storylines.

AJ is basically the unsung O.G. of TNA Wrestling... from back when it was him, Jarrett, Sonny Siaki, Jerry Lynn, Raven and a slew of other indie dudes and castoffs.

Right now TNA wouldn't be so bad if they'd stop repeating the same storyline over and over again... how many times can you fight has-beens anyway.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Imagine how watchable TNA could be if they did the following:

1) Replace Russo with any "wrestling guy" with proven experience. I guess Heyman's out, Cornette's out, Jerry Jarrett's out...doesn't leave many options. BUT GET RID OF RUSSO AND FIND SOMEONE NEW! Russo's been in control since 2005. If Bischoff really does have creative control, no no. One guy.

2) Limit the TV time of any OLD guys....including but not limited to....Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Sting, ECW guys not named RVD

2a) Get Dixie Carter off television. She serves absolutely no purpose.

2b) Push the talented young(ish) 'homegrown' guys

2c) Whatever WWE does from a creative basis, do the fucking opposite. TNA should be a legitimate alternative to the 'mainstream' product. While WWE is stale, boring, repetitive, too much talk, no wrestling, etc.....TNA should be what? ACTION you morons. Limit the useless promos, have matches. Let the wrestlers do what they do best. Push tag teams, guys who haven't been on top and on TV for a decade, and most of all, TV matches that all do not end by the 5 minute mark.

3) In case I didn't get my previous point across...HAVE WRESTLING MATCHES ON FUCKING TELEVISION

4) Forget the terms "twist" and "swerve"

5) When discussing match outcomes, angles, shows in general...always ask, "Does this make sense?" If the answer is no, then change that shit.

6) Ultimately cater your TV to building up interest in PPV MATCHES!

how hard is this crap?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                Imagine how watchable TNA could be if they did the following:

1) Replace Russo with any "wrestling guy" with proven experience. I guess Heyman's out, Cornette's out, Jerry Jarrett's out...doesn't leave many options. BUT GET RID OF RUSSO AND FIND SOMEONE NEW! Russo's been in control since 2005. If Bischoff really does have creative control, no no. One guy.

2) Limit the TV time of any OLD guys....including but not limited to....Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Sting, ECW guys not named RVD

2a) Get Dixie Carter off television. She serves absolutely no purpose.

2b) Push the talented young(ish) 'homegrown' guys

2c) Whatever WWE does from a creative basis, do the fucking opposite. TNA should be a legitimate alternative to the 'mainstream' product. While WWE is stale, boring, repetitive, too much talk, no wrestling, etc.....TNA should be what? ACTION you morons. Limit the useless promos, have matches. Let the wrestlers do what they do best. Push tag teams, guys who haven't been on top and on TV for a decade, and most of all, TV matches that all do not end by the 5 minute mark.

3) In case I didn't get my previous point across...HAVE WRESTLING MATCHES ON FUCKING TELEVISION

4) Forget the terms "twist" and "swerve"

5) When discussing match outcomes, angles, shows in general...always ask, "Does this make sense?" If the answer is no, then change that shit.

6) Ultimately cater your TV to building up interest in PPV MATCHES!

how hard is this crap?
                All of these would help, but the bold has been something i've been saying for many years. On the surface, I can understand copying the industry leader to some extent. The problem, is TNA comes off like a second rate rip off. 'Jersey Shore' is a popular show that does a good rating, but nobody cares about 'Jerseylicious' or 'Jersey Couture', even if you are aware that they exist (they do). If there was a single camera, no laugh track, docu-style sitcom set in an office, it wouldnt do as well as 'The Office' because people will preceive it as second rate. Especially if that show had characters from The Office and constantly made referance to Dunder Mifflin and how great Dunder Mifflin is.

When TNA hit Spike, it was clearly something different. The X Division was pushed as an equal to everything else, with Joe, Chris Daniels, & AJ Styles on top, and guys like Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, etc underneath. It was fast paced, innovative, and fresh. It stood out, it wasnt the same old tired 'cruiserweight" deal, and the stars of the division were pushed as equals to Jeff Jarrett, Raven, and the rest of the 'main eventers'. They also had the six sided ring, which love it or hate it, gave TNA an identity, and if a casual fan was switching channels and came across it, would clearly show that this is something different.

You have to give people something new. It's no gauruntee of success, but copying the WWE formula is a gauruntee that you will fail. WCW was always different, but largely struck out until Bischoff created Nitro and gave fans something different than the usual slow paced, squash match formula WWE had always done. Nitro was fast paced, and never had squash matches. It had weekly surprises (NOT weekly swerves) that made people want to know what was next. Vince copied it, and got his ass kicked for two years until he did something different and got risque with the Attitude Era.

TNA will never ever succeed unless they do something different. It's not even really about the old guys, it's about the old ideas.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                  Everything Burns...
                  • Nov 2008

TNA Impact rating 1.3

WWE SmackDown! rating 1.8

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                    TNA Impact rating 1.3

WWE SmackDown! rating 1.8
                    TNA no doubt celebrating, while completely missing the point.

They beat Superstars every week, too!

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

And TNA's PPV numbers will continue to be stagnant.

Morons.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

LOLTNA.

.9, 1.3...who cares?

They suck and there is little hope, as is, they will ever do better than what they do now. Their PPV buyrates will also continue to be shit.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                          Everything Burns...
                          • Nov 2008

mmm....alicia fox

MMMMMMMmmm....Layla

Comment

• SHOGUN
                            4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                            • Jul 2009

Davey Richards vs. Tyler Black = best TV match of the year?

That match was incredible.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjl9RkpZaqQ"]Undertaker's cool no matter what[/ame]

I remember missing a lot of the early 2000's when Taker came back as BikerTaker... thank God for YouTube.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Taker was either horrible or hysterically bad in the mid-2000s when he had that brief heel run.

Comment

Working...