This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

I think the difference is in the middle - I do think that Snooki added some interest from corners that otherwise wouldn't have cared, but I doubt she added a lot of buys either.

The Divas should be used to getting shit on at this point, especially at WM. They haven't been anything but bathroom break material for years. When was the last time the WWE even attempted an actual storyline with them?

Interesting pic of Shane O'Mac at the Masters... More than anything else, it reminds me of how big these wrestlers are.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      I believe they peaked, plus I still contend that nobody paid $60 specifically to see her.

I do agree that she got them some pub the next day, but even that wasn't as much as I expected.

And fwiw, her advertised RAW appearances didnt move the needle. A step further, the other Jersey Shore geeks that did TNA drew nothing, too. Snooki is the bigger star, though.
      Her appearance on RAW wasn't really advertised mainstream though...however, after it happened, it was big news nationally.

And, who watches TNA? Shogun? And he watches because of Hamada or the awful looking puerto rican chick. Poor example, W2B.

With that said, back to the point, every year the E uses a celeb...this year, they used Snooki. They didn't bump anybody off the card for Snooki. If it wasn't Snooki, it was someone else, and either way, they weren't getting on the card.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Her appearance on RAW wasn't really advertised mainstream though...however, after it happened, it was big news nationally.

And, who watches TNA? Shogun? And he watches because of Hamada or the awful looking puerto rican chick. Poor example, W2B.

With that said, back to the point, every year the E uses a celeb...this year, they used Snooki. They didn't bump anybody off the card for Snooki. If it wasn't Snooki, it was someone else, and either way, they weren't getting on the card.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Rocky gets thrown in with Trish in the "alumni" section, but I guess he can be thrown in the celeb pile, too.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

Reading reports that Larry Sweeney passed away. 29 years old. Fucking crazy if true.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

RIP Sweet N Sour Inc.

Supposedly killed himself. Not surprising considering he has a world of mental issues.

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Not surprised at all. He was a hell of a manager but the guy was absolutely insane.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

RIP Sweeny.

Greatest Tex-Arkana Champion that ever lived.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Deleted scene from TUF week 1 courtesy of Punk's site

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEdZ_bzH-Y&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEdZ_bzH-Y&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

Gee I wonder why that scene will never make air.

1) Well trained worker
                      2) Said wrestling like 15 times
                      3) Sports entertainment doesn't exist anywhere but the WWE.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        I believe they peaked, plus I still contend that nobody paid $60 specifically to see her.

I do agree that she got them some pub the next day, but even that wasn't as much as I expected.

And fwiw, her advertised RAW appearances didnt move the needle. A step further, the other Jersey Shore geeks that did TNA drew nothing, too. Snooki is the bigger star, though.
                        There is NOT A CHANCE anyone who wasnt a wrestling fan was willing to throw 60 dollars out to watch Snooki. W2B is exactly correct here, Snooki didnt add a single buy, they essentially paid her for nothing, because noone tuned in just to see Snooki.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

They brought Snooki in for the publicity she brought.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                            They brought Snooki in for the publicity she brought.
                            And to me, that was a mistake and not worth it.

Vince has been fighting to change the perception of wrasslin' for decades, and is dying for mainstream acceptance. Jersey Shore is the same low brow shit and having Snooki attached to the product doesnt help the cause.

Rock was a major coup, Snooki was a waste of time.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

::dons Captain Obvious cape::

When Mayweather went in to fight The Big Show, it was a publicity stunt as well... but the guy actually went out of his way to promote the fight.

Snooki was thrown in at the last minute (at least felt like it) with no build and the dumb bitch didn't have the sense to tell anyone she was fighting on the biggest PPV in pro wrestling today.

/cape

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

They love getting mainstream coverage and that's what she briefly brought. I don't mind a quick publicity stunt like it was.

I do mind how the king/Cole match turned out and the finish to show.

Comment

Working...