X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Damn, that looks awesome with the potential of different rings. Fire Pro-like.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Just without the good gameplay of a FirePro. Although I've heard the gameplay isn't TOO bad. Just far too many reversals.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

50 slots to download CAWs but they are haveing huge issues with the servers

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

I'm waiting for the servers to get back before even renting or buying it. Plus it'll be cheap pretty soon, so even better. It's not really time sensitive.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
            50 slots to download CAWs but they are haveing huge issues with the servers
            Fire Pro had 500, but I suppose it's possible to set up multiple profiles here, right? 50 would be plenty if you were setting up a different profile to each promotion. WWE is really the only place who carries more than that, and most of those guys are obviously in the game already.

/nerd

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
              Fuck em
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FedEx227
              Just without the good gameplay of a FirePro. Although I've heard the gameplay isn't TOO bad. Just far too many reversals.
              There aren't too many reversals, you have plenty of oppurtunities to do so and it makes the fight seem more fluent. You go for a grapple, get spun around, duck under it into another grapple, lift for a suplex and sometimes get reversed. That's what happens in the "good" matches on TV too, fluidity and a constant struggle. Besides there is a slider bar for both human and CPU reversals success rate etc.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

Talked about WWE '12 on the latest podcast...

This is the only game that I had to put down before I broke the controller.

Specifically, it's during a PPV match during TLC where it's you versus 5 other guys that are programmed to kick your ass out of the ring while one of them gets the Title Shot.

Given the way the Story Campaign is catered towards meeting specific objectives/beating the holy fuck out of your opponent(s) until a prompt lights up over their head(s), you can see how this can be frustrating.

I imagine I'll beat it one day but that shit made me want to put the game disc through a wall.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                  Fuck em
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                  Talked about WWE '12 on the latest podcast...

This is the only game that I had to put down before I broke the controller.

Specifically, it's during a PPV match during TLC where it's you versus 5 other guys that are programmed to kick your ass out of the ring while one of them gets the Title Shot.

Given the way the Story Campaign is catered towards meeting specific objectives/beating the holy fuck out of your opponent(s) until a prompt lights up over their head(s), you can see how this can be frustrating.

I imagine I'll beat it one day but that shit made me want to put the game disc through a wall.
                  I told you how to beat it! lol You start in the ring, drop a signature on the first guy, get thrown out, grab a chair if you must, crack 1-2 skulls and just run up the ladder, you get a prompt on the ladder when you go to reach for the case... I'm on the create a fighter story (Jacob Cass is the name used, but I used my Chris Jericho) Unlocking shit constantly now and much less prompts more ass kicking.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

I know you didn't do that shit on Normal, OOBL.

I'll try it your way tonight but there's no way in hell R-Truth does what he's doing to me on WWE '12 to the real Triple H...

HHH using his front office stroke or not.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

From what I understand, the story mode is shit and it's the Universe mode with all of the customization that will make or break the game.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Hey biss, how long has Archibald Peck/RD Evans been around for you guys in Anarchy?

There is a debate over on the Meltzer board concerning his rookie status for the 2011 Awards. The standard used is the wrestler could not have debuted prior to September 1, 2010 in a "full time" promotion.

Some are arguing that ACW should count as a "full time promotion", others are not. I assume he's been around since long before 9/1/10 for you guys.

He started with CHIKARA during the voting period, but was with ROH prior to the voting period I believe (although not really as a wrestler, as I don't even recall a single match). Everyone considers those two full time promotions, but it's fuzzy anyway because he isn't really a wrestler for ROH. He would qualify for his CHIKARA work assuming ACW doesn't count. It's a mess.

I guess long story short would be this: a.) Do you consider ACW a "full time promotion", and b.) if so, when did he start?

I think Shiya Hashimoto's kid is going to run away with Rookie of the Year anyway, but there is a lot of support for Archibald Peck, and CHIKARA had a big year so I think he can place pretty high. He is getting a lot of support for "Best Gimmick", too.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                          Fuck em
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                          I know you didn't do that shit on Normal, OOBL.

I'll try it your way tonight but there's no way in hell R-Truth does what he's doing to me on WWE '12 to the real Triple H...

HHH using his front office stroke or not.
                          No way they do that, and I did do it on normal, when I was talking in CB with you and said turn it to easy I figured I'd give it another shot... You know what actually could of worked better is just sprint right up the ladder as soon as the bell rings. The cutscene will take out a player then it's more managable. If you are pissed at getting your ass beat now just wait. BTW the end of the game is pretty fucking awesome.... the writers for this game have shit all over anything the WWE could come up with by itself.

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          From what I understand, the story mode is shit and it's the Universe mode with all of the customization that will make or break the game.
                          Story mode is just that, it embraces the WWE "Story Time" schtick. Actually well written, just the actual interaction and fighting is kept pretty minimal. Universe mode is pretty fucking awesome tho... you make the matches, do the booking, make new stables and factions, decide who is having a conflict with who, decide if you want to run in and disrupt a match halfway through, etc.

I'm pretty fucking pissed that I unlocked the Classic Intercontinental Championship.... and it wasn't the white strap one, it was like the attitude era one

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            Hey biss, how long has Archibald Peck/RD Evans been around for you guys in Anarchy?

There is a debate over on the Meltzer board concerning his rookie status for the 2011 Awards. The standard used is the wrestler could not have debuted prior to September 1, 2010 in a "full time" promotion.

Some are arguing that ACW should count as a "full time promotion", others are not. I assume he's been around since long before 9/1/10 for you guys.

He started with CHIKARA during the voting period, but was with ROH prior to the voting period I believe (although not really as a wrestler, as I don't even recall a single match). Everyone considers those two full time promotions, but it's fuzzy anyway because he isn't really a wrestler for ROH. He would qualify for his CHIKARA work assuming ACW doesn't count. It's a mess.

I guess long story short would be this: a.) Do you consider ACW a "full time promotion", and b.) if so, when did he start?

I think Shiya Hashimoto's kid is going to run away with Rookie of the Year anyway, but there is a lot of support for Archibald Peck, and CHIKARA had a big year so I think he can place pretty high. He is getting a lot of support for "Best Gimmick", too.
                            If you are counting CHIKARA then i would say we would count aswell, at this point we are top 10 maybe top 5 on Smart mark video. we have not missed a show in our soon to be 5 year history.

Now we get to the fun part on June 2nd of 2009 I called mr Evans to see if he would be intrested in coming to work for us, this was after a years worth of lobbing for him. he told me he would love to be part of the company and asked when the next show was, I told him the next show was june 7th and i didnt expect him to make it on shuch short notice and that i had a opening the next month, he said that was fine he'd be there on the 7th. showed up and debuted with us June 7th 2009 and was likely the most inportant buisness i'v done. he had been around texas since 2004 atleast doing shows for Akbar who trained him and PCW witch was on local TV in Dallas.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                              Everything Burns...
                              • Nov 2008

chris benoit feature film announced

SRG Films has announced that they are adapting Matthew Randazzo's book Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry into a feature film titled Crossface.

Coming Soon posted a press release that describes Crossface as "a biographical thriller" that "delves into the pressures WWE superstar Chris Benoit faced throughout his wrestling career as the combination of drug-use, depression, and head trauma became increasingly impossible for him to handle. The true story made headline news in 2007 when Chris murdered his wife and young son before taking his own life."

The film's writer, Sarah Coulter, said: "People immediately point to steroids, never thinking about the brain trauma these wrestlers can, and do, incur in their profession, nor do they consider the rigorous schedule that keeps them working even when they shouldn t be. The Benoit story is one that needs to be brought into the light."

Producers are said to be out to directors and actors right now in the hopes of beginning production in late 2012.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

No way is that a feature film. Hell, that Coulter lady's IMDB page lists her only credit as a transcriber for an episode of Iconoclasts three years back.

At least I hope it just goes away never to be heard again.

Comment

Working...