X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

So ACW womens (Joshi) wrestling for ya'll

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocA4EgbftUM&feature=share"]Angel Blue vs Jessica James W/ Portia Perez on Commentary (9-18-11) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

lmao @ Portia Perez....Texas is the only place that's worse than New Jersey.

and lmao @ the "Tae Kwon Do Slap"

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

I've heard of AR Fox, but I've never seen a match of his. I've liked what little of Davey I've seen. He reminds me of Benoit. The Briscoes have gotten rave reviews everywhere, but I don't think they're my cup of tea. I remember hearing some heavy hype of Chuck Taylor, so I looked him up. And yeah, he's pretty tiny. I've heard of Ricochet and Uhaa only in passing.

I do think MMA has taken a bite out of the wrestling prospect pool. Well, that and indys not doing so well. But MMA has become over-saturated, so I think the bubble has burst there to a certain extent locally. I think the main problem is the lack of ability to make a living outside of the WWE. Even with TNA, you have to have some notoriety and deal with incompetence (which lost Aries to begin with and only half-assed went after Punk). But a lot of the personality in the indies isn't there. Punk, Nigel, Shelley, Aries had loads of charisma. Joe and Fallen Angel were great characters. Now guys like Edwards and Richards, who are great in the ring, are pretty bland and vanilla. It seems like there's always above average workers and "flippy guys" as you call them, but rarely are there noteworthy stars in the making like Punk. That's what I think Gabe's groups now and in the future will sorely lack.
        SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

No one works a Gimmick on the indys any more ... and if they do it is shit, this is way Robert evans has so much sucess with Arickibal Peak and why a guy as basic as Brody Lee is any thing

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Part of Gabe's problem is he needs to embrace youtube a bit more and give away some matches.

What would be the harm of putting up a Dragon Gate USA match from like 2009, from a show that has run it's course on iPPV and DVD sales? I'm not saying give away the whole show for nothing, but maybe put some semi main events or hot openers on dgusa.tv or youtube for free, and let people sample the product.

It's a shame that somebody like sappisgod, who is the type of fan who is disgruntled but clearly still interested enough to bitch about it, can not see a guy like Ricochet or even the awesome Japanese DG guys, and be given a chance to see if he likes it.

There are literally millions of people who threw in the towel on wrestling (compare ratings numbers at the peak of the Monday Night Wars, and throw in the ECW numbers too. Do PPV numbers also. ECW, the clear #3, did PPV numbers that literally crush TNA and challenge current WWE domestic figures in 2011) who promoters should be trying to attract, especially if they do something so different like DGUSA or EVOLVE that looks nothing like sports entertainment.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
              No one works a Gimmick on the indys any more ... and if they do it is shit, this is way Robert evans has so much sucess with Arickibal Peak and why a guy as basic as Brody Lee is any thing
              Seriously, Brody Lee doesn't even pretend to be a trucker anymore. He just looks like a giant homeless guy. Yet he gets booked literally everywhere. That guy gets work in DGUSA, Dragon Gate, Ohio, CHIKARA, ROH,...everytime I watch a show, Lee is on it. He's like the Yoshihiro Takayama of the U.S. indy scene. Yoshihiro Takayama literally works for everyone in japan, and is always pushed.

Comment

• BigBiss
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                Part of Gabe's problem is he needs to embrace youtube a bit more and give away some matches.

What would be the harm of putting up a Dragon Gate USA match from like 2009, from a show that has run it's course on iPPV and DVD sales? I'm not saying give away the whole show for nothing, but maybe put some semi main events or hot openers on dgusa.tv or youtube for free, and let people sample the product.

It's a shame that somebody like sappisgod, who is the type of fan who is disgruntled but clearly still interested enough to bitch about it, can not see a guy like Ricochet or even the awesome Japanese DG guys, and be given a chance to see if he likes it.

There are literally millions of people who threw in the towel on wrestling (compare ratings numbers at the peak of the Monday Night Wars, and throw in the ECW numbers too. Do PPV numbers also. ECW, the clear #3, did PPV numbers that literally crush TNA and challenge current WWE domestic figures in 2011) who promoters should be trying to attract, especially if they do something so different like DGUSA or EVOLVE that looks nothing like sports entertainment.
                madness you cant give away matches on youtube ... that will never work

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD

The problem is that it's a very niche audience. They need to take more chances, like you said. Or remain a very niche product. I'd seek out the fans. There's no shortage of places on the net chock full of fans. It seems like a waste of a resource to not utilize a collection of people whose sole occupying of a site is their interest in the business you're in. I remember visiting the Wrestlecrap boards once (which is the personification of every anti-social dreg wrestling fan stereotype) had John Tenta as a member or contributor or something. Anyway, having him there and interacting with wrestling fans, it gave them more of an interest in him than they would have just remembering the wrestler Earthquake 10 years later. Many of whom I'm sure were indifferent at best on his work. Look at Biss on here. Because he puts his product out there, I know more about it than DGUSA.
                  SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• SHOGUN
                    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                    • Jul 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzOZBtyP8Y"]Cosmetically Pleasing - YouTube[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

All I know is ACW has some crazy youtube vignettes and quality theme'd special events.

And Biss is a sexy bastard.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                        lmao

I guess Otunga rubbed them the wrong way in Tampa.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          • Jul 2009

@ the slapping.

I want to see RD Evans vs. Portia Perez.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
                            • Jul 2009

There is zero buzz for Final Battle this year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50yTOZN9T-Y"]ROH Video Wire 12-22-11 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtjQI0UfDQ&feature=player_embedded"]Joshi for Joshi[/ame]

I have no idea who Kana is but that's the same Serena from the SES angle.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Yes, Serena Deeb, same person.

Comment

Working...