X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    There is a ton of Indie talent...if they can hit on 1/3 they would be better off.

They basically got Joe, Aries, Styles, and Daniels.

The WWE got everyone else.
    There is even speculation of Joe heading to WWE as well, at least two month ago.

I'm not familiar with TNA throughout the years like the rest, but this is just the same as their strategy. They are trying to compete with the WWE instead of crafting their own product. It gets you to a point, but they've plateaued there. Hiring former WWE superstars who have lower potential than current indie stars makes no sense at this juncture. It was good to get them going, but a change is due.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

The WWE had gold with Rhodes Scholars and they blew it.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        While I agree that TNA failed to exploit the robust indie scene while WWE was ignoring it and hiring guys like Mason Ryan, let's also remember that at least some of those guys would have never went to TNA anyway. Some would have, but others have turned them down in the past, figuring the money isn't any better in some cases, plus you get that TNA stench on you that is hard to rub off sometimes.
        I'm sure that was the case for someone like Danielson. But Punk was there for a minute. Shelley tried to get them to sign Claudio. They had Consequences Creed there and let him go. They even had Aries for a short while and let him go. I'm sure they could have had Tyler Black at a few points in time. Instead of going younger, they waste their time with people like the Hardy's, Chavo Guerrero, and Devon. None of those guys are going to do anything.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Punk was there for a minute and left and wanted no part of TNA. One of the guys that chose ROH over TNA. Smart move for him.
          Danielson is one of HBK's kids...he knew he'd get a shot in the WWE sooner or later.

Even the young guys they have signed are weird signings...Rob Terry green as hell...Tommy Mercer, green as grass and they pushed him to the moon...Alex Silva, Garett Bischoff, Gunner and Murphy, Jay Bradley, Sam Shaw, Wes Brisco...

And the young talented guys they DO get...they never use well...Young Bucks, Jay Lethal, among others.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Remember, Heyman's plan involved getting rid of a lot of dead weight (specifically, what that meant for the roster is anyone's guess) and using the untapped guys to push TNA.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin discussed the young wrestlers of today in a guest column for Fighting Spirit Magazine.

“Today’s guys are very impressionable, and don’t really call it in the ring anymore. Some of the guys don’t know whether to s–t or wind their watch; when they get in the ring, they have some basics, but they’ve always been told exactly what to do before they go out there. Back in the day, we were calling it all in the ring; we didn’t have anything to be nervous about, because we didn’t have to remember anything. All I had to do was listen to a hellacious worker like Billy Joe Travis or Jimmy Jack Funk, trusting them to help lead me through it.

The guys today are on a big stage, and none bigger than WWE. It’s up to the promotion to bring these cats in light, establish them, and help them get over. You can’t just bring in someone new and expect them to work a Wrestlemania caliber match right away. If you give someone a monster push right off the bat, but don’t give them the base knowledge, it makes no sense to wonder why they s–t the bed. These kids are exposed after a few weeks of TV, because they don’t have the experience of what to do in that situation. The more knowledge you have, the better chance you have of being successful.”

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Gabe & Cary, I assume at the Philly Day of Wrestling thingamajig

26 likes, 3 comments - pwinsider on September 1, 2015: "Hot news! Cary Silkin & Gabe Sapolsky reunite with honor.".

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Punk was there for a minute and left and wanted no part of TNA. One of the guys that chose ROH over TNA. Smart move for him.
                  Danielson is one of HBK's kids...he knew he'd get a shot in the WWE sooner or later.

Even the young guys they have signed are weird signings...Rob Terry green as hell...Tommy Mercer, green as grass and they pushed him to the moon...Alex Silva, Garett Bischoff, Gunner and Murphy, Jay Bradley, Sam Shaw, Wes Brisco...

And the young talented guys they DO get...they never use well...Young Bucks, Jay Lethal, among others.
                  Which goes back to them being an incompetent company. If they were smart enough to load up on top Indy talent, maybe they'd be smart enough to use them correctly and could keep someone like Punk around. The WWE didn't so much hit a home run with Punk as much as they just got out of his way and let him hit a home run every time out.

Poor Jay Lethal. I liked him, but he's reached as far as he's going because they used him so terribly. I wish he'd get a shot in WWE, but I'm pretty sure he never will.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF

http://instagram.com/p/VPNd2jPAzH/
                    Jesus my buddy was right, Cary does not look well.

And gabe is morphing into Mick Foley. They look like two hobos at the food bank.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

http://instagram.com/p/VPNd2jPAzH/

And gabe is morphing into Mick Foley. They look like two hobos at the food bank.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Are you trying to say he has some kind of immune disease?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Are you trying to say he has some kind of immune disease?

I'm not trying to insinuate anything or drop hints, he just doesn't look very good. My friend said he looked really bad last week when he spotted him at a cheap craps table in Atlantic City.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD

still good to see

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Apparently Tensai is now a face. He's now got a dancing gimmick similar to Brodus Clay and the two may be a tag team

Comment

• BigBiss
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                                Apparently Tensai is now a face. He's now got a dancing gimmick similar to Brodus Clay and the two may be a tag team
                                fucking gross

Comment

Working...