X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperKevin
    War Hero
    • Dec 2009

Devon really needs to drop the TV title soon because at this point there's a ton of wasted talent on the roster that should be competing for that title but won't because they don't factor into the Aces & 8s storyline. They also need to do something to expand the X Division. I'm pretty sure the entire division is just Kenny King, Xema Ion, and Christian York right now.

Comment

• SuperKevin
      War Hero
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      Magnus was treated like a god on those shows......which made it all the more bizarre when Hogan hands the title shot to Bubba. lol
      I like Magnus a lot. He's got a ton of potential in my opinion. I wish he kept the gladiator gimmick though

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
        Magnus was treated like a god on those shows......which made it all the more bizarre when Hogan hands the title shot to Bubba. lol
        I'm on record saying Magnus needs to be pushed. Young (rare in TNA, even the homegrown talent is in their mid-30's at this point), got the look, good mic skills, charismatic.

I think he's got more ability in the ring than he's shown so far (working with quality talent could definitely help, but TNA lacks those workhorse types).

I saw him in Ring Ka King, and he was one of their main heels, and he was insanely over.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
          Devon really needs to drop the TV title soon because at this point there's a ton of wasted talent on the roster that should be competing for that title but won't because they don't factor into the Aces & 8s storyline. They also need to do something to expand the X Division. I'm pretty sure the entire division is just Kenny King, Xema Ion, and Christian York right now.
          Aries takes the X-Division, Roode takes the TV title. I really think they will get that push and be the ones primarily taking on Aces and 8's over the next couple months.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Aries takes the X-Division, Roode takes the TV title. I really think they will get that push and be the ones primarily taking on Aces and 8's over the next couple months.
            Really not sure if Aries would take that "demotion" back to X Division performer though

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

The Aces & 8's storyline is suffering from the same issue the nWo angle eventually did...too many guys and it results in them needing too many resources for each guy to have their place.

Sooner or later, Brisco/Bischoff, DOC/Knox, or even the Dudleyz are going to get involved in the tag title scene. Just a matter of time. In time, they'll have someone going after the X-Title.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Really not sure if Aries would take that "demotion" back to X Division performer though
                Their stated goal is to take all of the belts. Would be a good fit to have them win the other two, and then feud over the World Title with Aces and 8's. They are extremely over right now as well I think.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                  Their stated goal is to take all of the belts. Would be a good fit to have them win the other two, and then feud over the World Title with Aces and 8's. They are extremely over right now as well I think.
                  The only two guys that, IMO, have credibility to go over Aces & 8's.

They do need to push Hogan and Sting out of that storyline though...those dudes just eat up too much time.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

I wonder if Vince has ever watched a episode of Botchamania?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                      I wonder if Vince has ever watched a episode of Botchamania?
                      Vince never knew ECW existed until Sunny handed him a VHS tape before a Shotgun Saturday Night taping and said "you NEED to watch this."

Vince is completely unaware of what's going on outside the bubble, he isnt chilling on YouTube watching Botchamania sharing a laugh with Kevin Dunn.

Vince probably has never seen an ROH match in his life, and probably only is aware of it because Punk talks about it and maybe he hears agents bring it up when they sign people.

Vince has no clue.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

I'd also be willing to bet Vince hasn't the slightest idea who RJ Brewer is, and some writer watched Nightline & pitched the Colter/Swagger deal the next day. There is NO CHANCE (no pun intended) that Vince is aware of Lucha Libre USA.

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

I don't think Vince even bothers to watch NXT. I highly doubt he watches YouTube videos.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Remember this is the guy who thought Scott Hall was the most creative guy in the world when he pitched a Scarface copy-cat character in Razor Ramon.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                              Remember this is the guy who thought Scott Hall was the most creative guy in the world when he pitched a Scarface copy-cat character in Razor Ramon.
                              Yeah, they always joke that Vince is totally oblivious to pop culture and hasn't seen a movie in decades. He always needs things explained in creative meetings, a lot of times "doesn't get it", and writers get frustrated because he almost never "gets" a reference or joke.

I don't think Vince is what i would call eccentric, I just get the impression that he is lazer focused on his job and cares little about anything else.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                                I don't think Vince even bothers to watch NXT. I highly doubt he watches YouTube videos.
                                shit, forget NXT, he lost interest in his version of ECW after about a month and supposedly never watched it again.

It's like Larry always says, you can always tell when Vince has stopped paying attention to a new show (ECW, Superstars, Main Event, whatever), because they stop trying and you never see angles or star power anymore. And not coincidentally, often the shows get better. Superstars was AWESOME once it was no longer a 3rd hour of RAW, and became a showcase for the undercard guys like Barreta, Gabriel, Slater, Uso's, Primo/Epico, Bourne, etc.

Comment

Working...