X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

It's amazing they've stayed protected this long, like legitimately unbelievable that WWE/Vince and the whole crew has stuck with their plan.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

I don't think CM Punk being away for 2 months should hurt him as much as it appears to have. Dude had a GREAT beginning of the year with 2 awesome PPV main events with The Rock and a MOTY contender with Undertaker.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
        I don't think CM Punk being away for 2 months should hurt him as much as it appears to have. Dude had a GREAT beginning of the year with 2 awesome PPV main events with The Rock and a MOTY contender with Undertaker.
        To me all he has is the Undertaker match. He won't be in main events the rest of the year unless they do the turn and he faces Lesnar. I personally thought the Rock matches weren't very good. Especially Rumble, which I thought sucked.

Of course, the Jericho thing could be great, and he could face Lesnar at SummerSlam or Survivor Series or something, so who knows.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Punk's matches with The Rock were terrible. The Rumble match was pretty bad. They just didn't have good chemistry in the ring at all.

The Undertaker match was quite good. I have no doubt that the Jericho match will be very good. Not sure where the rest of his year goes.

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Fair enough. I thought the matches were above average to good (I'd have to watch again but Im pretty sure I found Elimination Chamber a bit better) and the builds to them spectacular. Undertaker opposite, build sucked but match was amazing.

I don't know. I don't think the title leaves Japan, but in America Punk has to be in the lead or at least a top contender. There's just nobody else that's stood out this year. Of course other than the aforementioned names (Ambrose, Bryan & Cena).
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

I feel like Bryan is the favorite. I think he'd win right now, and it looks like a push is coming.

People are really, really high on Bryan. He gets massive amounts of reputation votes anyway, combined with the great stuff against the Shield, and his apparent push. People want to vote for him, and the New Japan guys will suffer from "been there, done that" syndrome a bit. Especially Tanahashi, since he isnt featured right now, and its easy to disregard him.

Realistically if im voting today im voting for Okada with Ambrose on his heels.

Cesaro has been awesome as well, but is depushed into oblivion at the moment.

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Okada is the easy vote for me. Has more points on the all-around scale than anyone else.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

CIMA will once again be overlooked, but he's been Open the Dream Gate champ forever, always has great matches, they draw very well, opened up two new international revenue streams with him on top, and he is a key part of DGUSA for good measure.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Bryan is going to have a chance with a very solid second half. He has had a ton of good matches in six-man tags against The Shield. He's starting to get a singles push and you know he'll deliver. If he gets that big match and delivers, he might get the vote.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Latest Austin podcast with Angle is another great one.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Wrestlecon in New Orleans will apparently only have 1 show featuring talent from several groups that Saturday night.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          Wrestlecon in New Orleans will apparently only have 1 show featuring talent from several groups that Saturday night.
                          Probably significantly cheaper due to all of the outrageous costs of running in Louisiana.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                            No longer a noob
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            I think the big thing for Ambrose was getting the Undertaker seal of approval after WrestleMania. The Shield had that six man against Undertaker/Kane/Bryan on RAW, and Undertaker was so impressed that he wanted a singles match on Smackdown to put them over again. He picked Ambrose. If you remember at that point, the three were just about equal. Ever since, Ambrose has clearly been viewed as the alpha dog, as Fed mentions.

The best match on every WWE TV show almost always involves The Shield. They are the hottest thing going in company. I think WOTY will come down to Okada, Tanahashi, Cena, Bryan, & Ambrose, because I think Bryan & Ambrose have their best still in front of them. Punk had time off and wont be featured. Bully Ray doesn't have good matches. Gargano works in front of 80 people. Who else?
                            Which is awesome, because for a time it seemed like Reigns was to be the focus while Ambrose was more of the mouthpiece and a good worker.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

3,000 people showed up for the Slammiversary PPV, with the same amount showing up for the Impact in Tampa Bay, Hogan's home town.

I don't know which one is worse, to be honest. And this coming from someone who prefers TNA to WWE by far.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                                Which is awesome, because for a time it seemed like Reigns was to be the focus while Ambrose was more of the mouthpiece and a good worker.
                                Reigns will get his time.

He's talented, too.

Comment

Working...