X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dave
    Sorry, it is just conjecture on my part. And maybe reading Bleacher Report. It just seems that Daniel Bryan should be WWE champ right now and they blew that opportunity with this whole Authority thing.
    Don't worry about who the champ is, the title is in soap opera mode right now.

If Bryan had won the title, "The Authority" loses all of its heat, and it's too soon for that. They are building Vince vs Trips/Steph for Mania, so you can't kill Trips/Steph in October.

Bryan pinned Cena and proved his dominance over Orton, that's what was important for now. Not winning the title clearly hasn't hurt him one bit, he was the most over person in the main event and he wasn't even in it.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

So I guess we are saying good bye to the Big Gold Belt now.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Don't worry about who the champ is, the title is in soap opera mode right now.

If Bryan had won the title, "The Authority" loses all of its heat, and it's too soon for that. They are building Vince vs Trips/Steph for Mania, so you can't kill Trips/Steph in October.

Bryan pinned Cena and proved his dominance over Orton, that's what was important for now. Not winning the title clearly hasn't hurt him one bit, he was the most over person in the main event and he wasn't even in it.
        Fuck right off with that BS.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
          Fuck right off with that BS.
          What part do you disagree with? I'm willing to listen.

If Bryan wins the title, "The Authority" is proven impotent way too soon. Where do you go from there? They need heat on Trips until Mania.

Bryan got the better of Orton a million times.

Bryan pinned Cena clean.

The screwjobs haven't hurt Bryan one iota. He is the most over person on the roster right now, with the possible exception of Cena. And they know it. His program is the show long tease on every RAW & SD, and closes each show.

If Bryan had been hurt or depushed after the Orton matches, i'd be with you. Neither occurred.

Comment

• Spidey
            • Feb 2009

Sweet. A cena/orton fued.

I smell a horribly mediocre unification ladder match coming. Makes to much sense with TLC coming up.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
              Sweet. A cena/orton fued.

I smell a horribly mediocre unification ladder match coming. Makes to much sense with TLC coming up.
              You've got a strong nose.

It'll be some sort of gimmick match to try to sell it.

Look, they know it's stale as fuck. This is a holding pattern until they start the Mania build.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

What part do you disagree with? I'm willing to listen.

If Bryan wins the title, "The Authority" is proven impotent way too soon. Where do you go from there? They need heat on Trips until Mania.

Bryan got the better of Orton a million times.

Bryan pinned Cena clean.

The screwjobs haven't hurt Bryan one iota. He is the most over person on the roster right now, with the possible exception of Cena. And they know it. His program is the show long tease on every RAW & SD, and closes each show.

If Bryan had been hurt or depushed after the Orton matches, i'd be with you. Neither occurred.
                If I had a dime for every time you've been correct on this Daniel Bryan topic...

I'D HAVE ZERO DIMES!!!

The screwjerbs and shit builds have obviously hurt Bryan and bidness...no one purchased any of the pay per views and he is no longer in the "main event" program.

As for saying the program he is in is "his" program...it just happens to have EVERY hot/over act in the company. Punk, Shield, Wyatts, Real Americans, Usos, Rhodes...not sure why you would claim it is HIS program.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  If I had a dime for every time you've been correct on this Daniel Bryan topic...

I'D HAVE ZERO DIMES!!!

The screwjerbs and shit builds have obviously hurt Bryan and bidness...no one purchased any of the pay per views and he is no longer in the "main event" program.

As for saying the program he is in is "his" program...it just happens to have EVERY hot/over act in the company. Punk, Shield, Wyatts, Real Americans, Usos, Rhodes...not sure why you would claim it is HIS program.
                  Whose name were they chanting in the main event? Big Show? Nope. Cena? Nope. It was the guy they supposedly "killed" with the screwjobs. Seems to me like the fans still believe in him.

And yes, his program is the one with all of the hot stars. Including the hottest one. Him. Which is why it was the top program going into Survivor Series, and not either title match.

Daniel Bryan hasn't been hurt one single bit by anything they've done. Part of it is because the guy is teflon. Probably would have hurt a lot of guys. Didn't hurt him at all.

Still waiting for somebody to tell me how you keep heat on Trips till Mania if Bryan beats Orton on the middle and holds the title this whole time. "The Authority" would be pretty impotent if they did that, no? I'm no fan of "The Authority" thing, but once they decided to do it and decided it was the Mania direction, it made no sense to make Bryan champion yet.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Also, don't confuse me defending it with me enjoying it. I think "The Authority" is utter shit for a direction, stale as hell and not what I want out of my wrestling. This is why I don't invest my money or most of my time in WWE. They don't give me what I want.

But this idea that Bryan has been hurt is flawed and based in the old school mindset that the title is all that matters. The guy is over as fuck.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Whose name were they chanting in the main event? Big Show? Nope. Cena? Nope. It was the guy they supposedly "killed" with the screwjobs. Seems to me like the fans still believe in him.

And yes, his program is the one with all of the hot stars. Including the hottest one. Him. Which is why it was the top program going into Survivor Series, and not either title match.

Daniel Bryan hasn't been hurt one single bit by anything they've done. Part of it is because the guy is teflon. Probably would have hurt a lot of guys. Didn't hurt him at all.

Still waiting for somebody to tell me how you keep heat on Trips till Mania if Bryan beats Orton on the middle and holds the title this whole time. "The Authority" would be pretty impotent if they did that, no? I'm no fan of "The Authority" thing, but once they decided to do it and decided it was the Mania direction, it made no sense to make Bryan champion yet.
                      People like Bryan? No shit. Unfortunately, it didn't lead to buys and as a result, they took him out of the main event picture and put him in a mid-card feud with a cluster of guys they don't know what to do with at the moment.

Bryan was hurt the very second Triple H hit him with a Pedigree. The subsequent Dusty Finishes sapped all of the life out of a potential title win to the point where the only redeeming win would be one at WrestleMania where he closes the show...good luck having Daniel Bryan closing WrestleMania after the string of underwhelming buys.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

People like Bryan? No shit. Unfortunately, it didn't lead to buys and as a result, they took him out of the main event picture and put him in a mid-card feud with a cluster of guys they don't know what to do with at the moment.
                        Not a mid card feud. It was the focus of every TV show leading into the PPV, while Orton & Show were fucking around in hour one. C'mon, at least pay attention. Nobody cares about Orton or Big Show, and even the company knows it.

Originally posted by Larry
                        Bryan was hurt the very second Triple H hit him with a Pedigree. The subsequent Dusty Finishes sapped all of the life out of a potential title win to the point where the only redeeming win would be one at WrestleMania where he closes the show...good luck having Daniel Bryan closing WrestleMania after the string of underwhelming buys.
                        I see no evidence he was hurt, considering he's still the most over person on the roster, and still pushed at a top level.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

You guys are still clouded by the title.

Try this. Remove all titles from your brain. Just look at segment placement, overall focus, time committed, crowd reactions, etc.

Now tell me what the top program was in the build to Survivor Series. It's not even close.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

You guys are still clouded by the title.

Try this. Remove all titles from your brain. Just look at segment placement, overall focus, time committed, crowd reactions, etc.

Now tell me what the top program was in the build to Survivor Series. It's not even close.
                            If this is your argument, all I have to do is look at the buys for the PPVs and the current ratings and know that Bryan is not the big star you claimed he'd be after this feud. He's not. Just stop.

Is he over...of course he is, he has been mega over for two years now...but...the WWE either screwed the pooch or missed the boat (you pick) on making him into a legit drawing star, which is what the title win over Cena was supposed to do...that was the next step for Bryan and we're all still waiting for it.

The only way they could possibly make Bryan into a bigger star than the Cena win at SummerSlam (their second most important PPV)...is have him beat The Rock in the final match at WrestleMania.

He's basically, Rey Mysterio without hitting all the latino/minority demo notes.
                            Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 11-25-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

If this is your argument, all I have to do is look at the buys for the PPVs and the current ratings and know that Bryan is not the big star you claimed he'd be after this feud. He's not. Just stop.

Is he over...of course he is, he has been mega over for two years now...but...the WWE either screwed the pooch or missed the boat (you pick) on making him into a legit drawing star, which is what the title win over Cena was supposed to do...that was the next step for Bryan and we're all still waiting for it.

The only way they could possibly make Bryan into a bigger star than the Cena win at SummerSlam (their second most important PPV)...is have him beat The Rock in the final match at WrestleMania.

He's basically, Rey Mysterio without hitting all the latino/minority demo notes.
                              Wait a second, define "big star".

I never thought he'd be Cena level or anything like that. I said the Cena win pushed him into "made guy" territory (it did), and that the subsequent push would make him a bigger star (this is where we disagree). He didn't draw on PPV, but to be fair nobody does, except for Cena (kinda), Rock (part timer), and Lesnar (and even he doesn't make a difference anymore due to poor booking, if you want to talk about poor booking killing a draw).

He's the #2 babyface, 2b at worst depending where you fall on Punk. He's a bigger star since SummerSlam in my opinion. Reasonable minds can disagree. I don't give a single fuck about the title, not these days with the way it's being used a story prop. Means nothing to me in relation to who is holding it/not holding it being a star.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

I don't think he is a bigger star then Punk...Punk was at least a mild draw, maintaining and even occasionally besting previous years numbers...Bryan is in the negative category at the moment.

I'd put Bryan @ #3, but its more by proxy of him being the pushed guy, not exactly returning on his investment, no matter how weak the principal.

Bryan has been mega over for years. He had an entire stadium chanting YES when he lost in 15 seconds to Sheamus. He's super over with the fans. It hasn't resulted in elevating him...getting over that hump has a lot to do with booking...they are failing him in that regards. That is why he is not a bigger star. He's been in the same holding pattern for two years now, the only difference is his spot on the card.

Comment

Working...