Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Shogun
    LOL.

That is gold.

Mostly...because its true.

I haven't really watched TNA, because well...its terrible...but Cornette hits everything on the head...Dixie is an uber mark. She is a mark playing wrestling with daddy's money.

Scott Hall wouldn't draw you a dime at this point. None of these old WCW bastards would draw you a single penny.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

" Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Not everything needs to make sense."

- Dixie Carter, This Morning on Facebook….

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
        " Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Not everything needs to make sense."

fuck her

LOST makes sense. Sorry if her pea-brain can't comprehend it all.

And she's HORRIBLE at handling her pappa's $$$ via TNA.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin

empire, you missed the irony.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

TNA was drawing the same (and even slightly higher ratings) with a fraction of the payroll many years ago.

The only "big names" that have come in and made a difference for business, were Sting (record ratings early on) and Kurt Angle (biggest PPV buyrates ever vs. Samoa Joe...remember when that guy mattered?!).

Hulk Hogan popped one (maybe two, I dont remember) decent rating on his first Impact, but he doesnt really count because business actually ended up worse a few weeks later than before he came in.

Booker T & Team 3D caused some buzz and made minor differences if I recall, but nothing that lasted long term or ultimately mattered.

RVD has meant nothing. Christian left a bigger star than when he came (they did get him over), but meant nothing for business. Nash, Hall, Rikishi (L-O-L), even Flair, none of them have meant anything (think about that for a minute, RIC FLAIR).

Not that AJ Styles or Daniels or James Storm or Jeff Jarrett or whoever were doing any sort of business either, but it was a fraction of the cost before, and I bet with a roster not full of WCW ego, you could more easily get poeple like Heyman or Cornette excited about the product, and give it a real go.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              TNA was drawing the same (and even slightly higher ratings) with a fraction of the payroll many years ago.

The only "big names" that have come in and made a difference for business, were Sting (record ratings early on) and Kurt Angle (biggest PPV buyrates ever vs. Samoa Joe...remember when that guy mattered?!).

Hulk Hogan popped one (maybe two, I dont remember) decent rating on his first Impact, but he doesnt really count because business actually ended up worse a few weeks later than before he came in.

Booker T & Team 3D caused some buzz and made minor differences if I recall, but nothing that lasted long term or ultimately mattered.

RVD has meant nothing. Christian left a bigger star than when he came (they did get him over), but meant nothing for business. Nash, Hall, Rikishi (L-O-L), even Flair, none of them have meant anything (think about that for a minute, RIC FLAIR).

Not that AJ Styles or Daniels or James Storm or Jeff Jarrett or whoever were doing any sort of business either, but it was a fraction of the cost before, and I bet with a roster not full of WCW ego, you could more easily get poeple like Heyman or Cornette excited about the product, and give it a real go.
              RVD, Jeff Hardy, Ric flair, et al are all by proxy of the Hogan come up...all had very poor debuts and they haven't been able to make them stars for their company...because, well...the product sucks.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                • Jul 2009

TNA was pretty good last night. Good matches, too.

RVD is pretty boring when he's not in the ring. Obvious, I know.

Not even going to waste my time on Abyss and his tired bullshit.

Jeff Hardy paints himself in those elaborate patterns to hide the effects of his drug use.

Don't like this "Doug Williams is afraid of heights" gimmick. I get it and I suppose it fits because of how anti-flying moves he is, but it just feels really corny.

RVD/Joe was a good match until Joe gassed. All those kicks and dives caught up with him.

Wasn't really interested in the Bubba/Neal feud until they threw D-Von into the match. I wonder how that's going to turn out.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Angle/Pope and Flair/Lethal. The promos have been sick, especially from Flair.

Oh great, Angelina Love puts her career on the line against Madison Rayne. Too bad Love is the biggest KO they have at the moment. Pretty obvious she's going to win.

Not paying for the PPV, though.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

TNA was pretty good last night. Good matches, too.

RVD is pretty boring when he's not in the ring. Obvious, I know.

Not even going to waste my time on Abyss and his tired bullshit.

Jeff Hardy paints himself in those elaborate patterns to hide the effects of his drug use.

Don't like this "Doug Williams is afraid of heights" gimmick. I get it and I suppose it fits because of how anti-flying moves he is, but it just feels really corny.

RVD/Joe was a good match until Joe gassed. All those kicks and dives caught up with him.

Wasn't really interested in the Bubba/Neal feud until they threw D-Von into the match. I wonder how that's going to turn out.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Angle/Pope and Flair/Lethal. The promos have been sick, especially from Flair.

Oh great, Angelina Love puts her career on the line against Madison Rayne. Too bad Love is the biggest KO they have at the moment. Pretty obvious she's going to win.

Not paying for the PPV, though.
                  That's about all that needs to be said about TNA and Vince Russo's booking style.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SHOGUN
                    • Jul 2009

Just caught TNA Xplosion.

Rosie Lotta Love cannot wrestle and is an instant boner-killer. She's not charismatic enough for me to overlook those two glaring concerns. They need to bring Kong back instead of paying this broad.

Sarita/Taylor Wilde is an awesome feud.

Magnus looked great against Max Buck. I don't recall him being that good before. Really good match. I hope he takes the belt from Rob Terry.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Just caught TNA Xplosion.

Rosie Lotta Love cannot wrestle and is an instant boner-killer. She's not charismatic enough for me to overlook those two glaring concerns. They need to bring Kong back instead of paying this broad.

Sarita/Taylor Wilde is an awesome feud.

Magnus looked great against Max Buck. I don't recall him being that good before. Really good match. I hope he takes the belt from Rob Terry.
                      I think ROH has Young Buck$/Generation Me vs. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards in Collinswood, which is a dream tag team match.

Also, I think it's Colt Cabana/Delirious/Amazing Kong vs. Claudio Castagnoli/Chris Hero/Sara Del Rey (the male part of the face side might be different, I cant remember, but definately Kong for sure).

You going?

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        • Jul 2009

I think ROH has Young Buck$/Generation Me vs. Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards in Collinswood, which is a dream tag team match.

Also, I think it's Colt Cabana/Delirious/Amazing Kong vs. Claudio Castagnoli/Chris Hero/Sara Del Rey (the male part of the face side might be different, I cant remember, but definately Kong for sure).

You going?
                        Absolutely.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Here's the link to the show. Has the lineup, and some nice video packages to set up the matches.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

I'll be at the Chicago show, front row as usual.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

So remember I was putting together the "W2BTD 100 Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time", during the crash era of VSN?

Looks like it might be safe to start posting it, now that everyone seems to be back together.

Whow are we missing? Biss? bigpapa? Were those guys TGL regulars, or did they get lost along the way?

At any rate, expect the thread to open up, sometime this weekend.

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

Here's the link to the show. Has the lineup, and some nice video packages to set up the matches.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/col...-il-july-23rd/
                                Shit that Collinsville card looks better than the Chicago one.

Fuckers.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...