Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wr50l
    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
    • Oct 2008

FA Cup is a prestigious trophy but at the end of the day if Man United won one trophy and that was it they certainly wouldn't be raving about it. If winning the FA Cup is a marvellous season then you really do consider yourselves on the same plain as Everton.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
      I Can Score Goals
      • Dec 2008

Nobody is calling it a marvellous season but it has been successful nonetheless, it is the first step to getting back to where we should be which is winning trophies and challenging for the league every year. The fact that we hadn't won anything for 6 years makes it a bigger deal than winning it normally, I'm not sure why this so hard for people to grasp.

Comment

• wr50l
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
        Nobody is calling it a marvellous season but it has been successful nonetheless, it is the first step to getting back to where we should be which is winning trophies and challenging for the league every year. The fact that we hadn't won anything for 6 years makes it a bigger deal than winning it normally, I'm not sure why this so hard for people to grasp.
        Because you said it was better than finishing 2nd when the particular team that finishes 2nd this year would be deflated if all they had was an FA Cup.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
          I Can Score Goals
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
          Because you said it was better than finishing 2nd when the particular team that finishes 2nd this year would be deflated if all they had was an FA Cup.
          And they aren't deflated now finishing 2nd and winning nothing?

Comment

• wr50l
            • Oct 2008

a) they can still win the league due to their season performance, unlike you.
            b) they'll be playing in Europe next year due to their season performance, unlike you.
            c) they certainly wouldn't be having orgasms all over Manchester if they did win the FA Cup and finish out of European places by 15 points.
            d) when Chelsea beat you, they also won't be too elated because they will have a far bigger prize in mind than the quaint FA Cup.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Anyways, we're going in circles here. Interesting match so far. Fulham didn't deserve that goal. We're starting to look a bit better, particularly Carroll, Shelvey, and Coates today. Carroll is winning most of his aerial challenges in the box so far.

Comment

• kyhadley
                Carefree
                • Oct 2008

CL prize money to increase

Sounds like a nice piece of pie.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                  I Can Score Goals
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kyhadley
                  CL prize money to increase

Sounds like a nice piece of pie.
                  Silverware >>>> money, being a Chelsea fan I'm not surprised that you don't realise that.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                    I Can Score Goals
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
                    a) they can still win the league due to their season performance, unlike you.
                    Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
                    And they aren't deflated now finishing 2nd and winning nothing?
                    This is all assuming City win so no they can't learn to read.
                    b) they'll be playing in Europe next year due to their season performance, unlike you.
                    So will we but I'll not argue this as I want no part of the shitty Europa League and it's not the same as CL.
                    c) they certainly wouldn't be having orgasms all over Manchester if they did win the FA Cup and finish out of European places by 15 points.
                    If they hadn't won anything for 6 years I'm sure they would and knowing mancs yes they would regardless.
                    d) when Chelsea beat you, they also won't be too elated because they will have a far bigger prize in mind than the quaint FA Cup.
                    We shall see.

Anyway I'm done with this like mgo said we're going in circles and I cbf with this anymore, don't understand what your obsession with coming in here and commenting is anyway, stick to talking about your shitty Rangers

As for the match knew the scrubs were gonna be played, played out pretty much how I thought it would, meaningless game was meaningless, Raheem got minutes which is all I cared about, 4 more days to go cant fucking wait.

Comment

• citizenerased
                      Rugby World Cup Champion
                      • Mar 2009

The red half of Manchester are no doubt green with envy, they would happily trade it all away for a victory on penalties over a Championship team and 1 home league victory in 2012.

Silverware >>>> money, being a Chelsea fan I'm not surprised that you don't realise that.
                      You mean the Chelsea team who are in the Champions League final and have won Three Premier League titles and 2 (soon to be 3) FA Cups in the past decade?

Just a question, do you drink bleach right before you decide to post on anything soccer related? There has to be some sort of chemical based reason on you are such a mong on this topic.
                      Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                        I Can Score Goals
                        • Dec 2008

I'm done with this shit til Saturday, then I shall be back to it up.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA

Easily Rafa's worst move as a coach. He made some excellent signings but selling Xabi was bad. I know they had a falling out but the rumor is Rafa refused to apologize to Xabi after shopping him the summer before he sold him or something to that affect. If there is someone you should apologize too, its the best deep lying midfielder in the world.

Thankfully Kenny and Co. have signed the Scottish Alonso this past summer so all our worries are over.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                              I Can Score Goals
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Steven Gerrard
                              “This club is all about winning trophies, big trophies, and the FA Cup comes under that."

“We will assess the season after the weekend and if we can look back and say we have won two cups, then we will be happy."

“Silverware is success, that’s why we play the game."

“People will judge us after Saturday and some will say ‘You haven’t done well in the league’. But if we can say ‘Yes, but we have won two cups’ I think that’s a fair argument."

“We hope it can kickstart us for next season. Winning big trophies breeds a lot of confidence.”

Originally posted by Carra
                              “If we win two of the three competitions we’ve been in, it would be a great season."

“We had gone six years without winning. And although in that time we had some great Champions League nights, at the end of your career you want medals."
                              They get it

Comment

• wr50l
                                • Oct 2008

I suppose when you're a Liverpool player these days you have much lower ambition than those of the past.

Comment

Working...