Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

If you are looking for ACTION, Dragon Gate USA Revolt! blew Royal Rumble away, watch it for $14.99 at www.wwnlive.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      some massive overreactions in this thread

Show was not good, but it wasn't terrible. It was just "there". Very predictable, paint by numbers, but ultimately the right people won the most important matches.

Cena/Rock II is the best match for business at WrestleMania, I can't fault them for going in that direction. Honestly most of you were trying to out think yourselves, it was the obvious direction.

Rock/Cena
      Punk/Lesnar
      some combo of Del Rio/Show/Sheamus
      Fixed, Taker should really just call it quits or take the year off.

Punk face turn could coming though, I think its obvious he has nothing to do with The Shield

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

And I'm surprised Del Rio & Big Show seemingly have this great chemistry. They've had good matches on TV and this one was an entertaining 20+ minute deal.

Rock/Cena
        Lesnar/HHH
        Taker/Punk
        Del Rio/Ziggler
        Sheamus/Orton
        Show/Ryback (i know)
        Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars vs. Prime Time Players?
        Mysterio vs. Sin Cara?
        Jericho vs Cesaro?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
          Beautiful Like Moses
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          And I'm surprised Del Rio & Big Show seemingly have this great chemistry. They've had good matches on TV and this one was an entertaining 20+ minute deal.

Rock/Cena
          Lesnar/HHH
          Taker/Punk
          Del Rio/Ziggler
          Sheamus/Orton
          Show/Ryback (i know)
          Mysterio vs. Sin Cara?
          Jericho vs Cesaro?
          Del Rio/Big Show was shockingly the best match of the night.

Fat Mysterio vs Sin Cara is all but confirmed I feel.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

While the obvious matches are all but sewn up, I think I'd like to see a short program with Orton vs. Ryback.

You have to turn Orton but they've been dying to do that for weeks now and since Ryback isn't going to kill Cena before WM, I think it might be a nice diversion with both of them fighting in the Chamber and then taking it to 'Mania.

Workrate and selling aside, at least it'd be fresh.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              some massive overreactions in this thread

Show was not good, but it wasn't terrible. It was just "there". Very predictable, paint by numbers, but ultimately the right people won the most important matches.

Cena/Rock II is the best match for business at WrestleMania, I can't fault them for going in that direction. Honestly most of you were trying to out think yourselves, it was the obvious direction.

Rock/Cena
              Lesnar/Trips
              Punk/Taker
              some combo of Del Rio/Show/Sheamus
              The best match of the night was Del Rio-Big Show and that match was kind of shit.

Rumble was not entertaining at all.

Punk-Rock...match was bad, result was awful. You want Rock win...have Punk and Rock have a nice 20m match...WHAM-BOOM-Rock Bottom...Rock wins clean...Rock-Cena WrestleMania and you can hang out hat on a very solid main event match with the right guy going over for business. But, they not only had a bad match but they had an awful finish.

Execution was crap all the way around.

Comment

• BigBiss
                • Mar 2009

Rock/Cena
                Lesnar/HHH
                Taker/Punk
                Del Rio/Ziggler
                Sheamus/Orton
                Show/Ryback (i know)
                Mysterio vs. Sin Cara?
                Jericho vs Cesaro?
                think we might get Ry-back Sheamus?

I think Miz vs Cesaro is here to stay as well

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                  Fat Mysterio vs Sin Cara is all but confirmed I feel.
                  Fat? He looks like he dropped a lot of weight tonight.
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

One of the "highlights" had to be Cole losing his shit about how The Shield killed The Rock when the lights were out.

I get that it had to be done for the DVD or what-have-you but when the lights hit it would have been great for the next few weeks of writing if they kept dragging on to who did him in.

Sure, Punk would lose the title on a technicality but at least it wouldn't go to The Rock (unless I missed the full stips about The Shield DQ'ing Punk) and you could have the two fight in the Chamber to see who'd get the belt.

Either the Wronged Champion or the Guy who took a break from pimping G.I. Joe and the Marky Mark movie nobody's gonna see so he can fake fight for a lot of money with minimum effort.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                      One of the "highlights" had to be Cole losing his shit about how The Shield killed The Rock when the lights were out.

I get that it had to be done for the DVD or what-have-you but when the lights hit it would have been great for the next few weeks of writing if they kept dragging on to who did him in.

Sure, Punk would lose the title on a technicality but at least it wouldn't go to The Rock (unless I missed the full stips about The Shield DQ'ing Punk) and you could have the two fight in the Chamber to see who'd get the belt.

Either the Wronged Champion or the Guy who took a break from pimping G.I. Joe and the Marky Mark movie nobody's gonna see so he can fake fight for a lot of money with minimum effort.
                      The Chamber idea I thought could have happened. I doubted it, due to the amount of money that it took to bring the Rock back, but that was probably the best booking decision to make.

I wonder if they will re-do the commentary where Cole referred to Ryback as Sheamus, or the "wake up" you heard when Cena put Ryback on the top rope

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

For what it was I enjoyed the Rock vs CM Punk match.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          The best match of the night was Del Rio-Big Show and that match was kind of shit.

Punk-Rock...match was bad, result was awful. You want Rock win...have Punk and Rock have a nice 20m match...WHAM-BOOM-Rock Bottom...Rock wins clean...Rock-Cena WrestleMania and you can hang out hat on a very solid main event match with the right guy going over for business. But, they not only had a bad match but they had an awful finish.

Execution was crap all the way around.
                          Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

How was Del Rio/Show kind of shit? It had some fun brawling on the outside, the finish was strong and Del Rio looks like a million bucks.

The main was far from awful. Why do a straight clean match? Then what's Punk suppose to do for the next x number of weeks before his Mania program kicks in? Now, he can go out there and talk about how he beat Rocky, he was screwed over (getting more heat in the process) and yadayadayada.

I'm sure part of the reason they did it the way they did was to throw a curve in the finish since everyone knew Rock was winning.

Rock was in better ring shape for this match than last year's WM and it showed. It was a good match (not as good as WM obviously, but no way was it bad).

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Id just like to say every one talking about skiping mania right now ... feel free to spend the 60 $ at www.smartmarkvideo.com tomorrow

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

How was Del Rio/Show kind of shit? It had some fun brawling on the outside, the finish was strong and Del Rio looks like a million bucks.

The main was far from awful. Why do a straight clean match? Then what's Punk suppose to do for the next x number of weeks before his Mania program kicks in? Now, he can go out there and talk about how he beat Rocky, he was screwed over (getting more heat in the process) and yadayadayada.

I'm sure part of the reason they did it the way they did was to throw a curve in the finish since everyone knew Rock was winning.

Rock was in better ring shape for this match than last year's WM and it showed. It was a good match (not as good as WM obviously, but no way was it bad).
                              You must just love shit. Awful PPV.

Del-Rio and Big Show was a bad match...silly brawl with silly spots with predictable outcomes of the face in peril of losing. The ending was awful, too.

The main event was shit. Whatever producer in the back booked the match deserves a gold watch and sent on his way. Layout, pace, and execution was poor. Finish was WOAT. Rock was in better shape and it showed? Clown statement. Dude was rolling around and on the ground most of the match with the appropriate amount of bad rest spots.

Shit was booked like a Vince Russo WCW PPV.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

The key to watching WWE is to lower your expectations.

This show was a solid 5/10. Perfectly average. Pretty much what I expect out of any WWE show. Once per year or so you get MITB 2011 or Extreme Rules 2012. RAW is almost always either bad or mediocre, and the PPV's almost never deliver beyond a 5. The B-shows (Main Event, Superstars, NXT) are really where it's at if you are looking for action.

You have to remember, to Joe Casualfan, and to the kids, tonight was a home run. The good guys won every match, Cena won, The Rock won, and that bastard CM Punk lost.

Comment

Working...