• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    You must just love shit. Awful PPV.

Del-Rio and Big Show was a bad match...silly brawl with silly spots with predictable outcomes of the face in peril of losing. The ending was awful, too.

The main event was shit. Whatever producer in the back booked the match deserves a gold watch and sent on his way. Layout, pace, and execution was poor. Finish was WOAT.

Shit was booked like a Vince Russo WCW PPV.
    Gargano/Davis on Saturday blew Del Rio/Big Show away.

Cena/Rock blew Punk/Rock away.

Rumble was average. Maybe a little below average.

Tag match was shit.

Pre show match was ok.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      The key to watching WWE is to lower your expectations.

This show was a solid 5/10. Perfectly average. Pretty much what I expect out of any WWE show. Once per year or so you get MITB 2011 or Extreme Rules 2012. RAW is almost always either bad or mediocre, and the PPV's almost never deliver beyond a 5. The B-shows (Main Event, Superstars, NXT) are really where it's at if you are looking for action.

You have to remember, to Joe Casualfan, and to the kids, tonight was a home run. The good guys won every match, Cena won, The Rock won, and that bastard CM Punk lost.
      Quite a few casual fans or WWE only fans on another forum I'm on thought the show was utter shit, and these are guys that think Rock-Hogan is GOAT.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Quite a few casual fans or WWE only fans on another forum I'm on thought the show was utter shit, and these are guys that think Rock-Hogan is GOAT.
        Hey look man, i'm not saying I liked the show. You know my tastes. I'm just defending the booking from the company perspective. I get it.

Aesthetically, the show was not good.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

How did Cole know that it was The Shield?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Hey look man, i'm not saying I liked the show. You know my tastes. I'm just defending the booking from the company perspective. I get it.

Aesthetically, the show was not good.
            I have very little issues with the outcomes. All were logical, albeit, silly for the major PPV before WrestleMania where you expect all of the faces to win...to have essentially, two big PPVs back-to-back filled with face wins seems silly...but Rock winning was the right move for business...Del Rio needed to retain, and Cena winning the Rumble is logical.

I just have a ton of issues with how it was booked to be done and how it was executed. Tonight, IMO, was real shit.

I don't often come down on WWE or TNA cards because, like you, I know how to curb my enthusiasm, but shit is shit.

Comment

• SuperKevin
              War Hero
              • Dec 2009

Vince needs to fire the guy in charge of the lights because he's obviously working for the Shield

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                War Hero
                • May 2012

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                Vince needs to fire the guy in charge of the lights because he's obviously working for the Shield
                Yeah I never thought about that.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                  Lights should have come on with SABU standing over Rock's lifeless body. Perfect tie in with Heyman, plus it wasn't The Shield, so it would be Punk/Heyman getting over on Rock/WWE...and then you could still do the re start with McMahon and all that.

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

Put me in the group that thought it was an okay show. Nothing spectacular but I didn't think it was awful. Yeah, the booking kind of irritates me, but this is what we called months before it was booked. We saw it coming and as Warner always says, they aren't booking for you and I.
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

The main event was shit. Whatever producer in the back booked the match deserves a gold watch and sent on his way. Layout, pace, and execution was poor. Finish was WOAT. Rock was in better shape and it showed? Clown statement. Dude was rolling around and on the ground most of the match with the appropriate amount of bad rest spots.
                      At Mania, he was sucking win 10 minutes into the match.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

I am enjoying this heel turn larry is doing re: Rock

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

Lights should have come on with SABU standing over Rock's lifeless body. Perfect tie in with Heyman, plus it wasn't The Shield, so it would be Punk/Heyman getting over on Rock/WWE...and then you could still do the re start with McMahon and all that.
                          I assumed it was gonna be Lesnar standing over the Rock.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Did I miss something? I thought it was a pretty solid match. It wasn't a classic but shit it was ***1/2 for a part-time wrestler, I'll take it.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

reminds me of my heel turn against Daniel Bryan, who is at the top of my go away heat list these days.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                                Did I miss something? I thought it was a pretty solid match. It wasn't a classic but shit it was ***1/2 for a part-time wrestler, I'll take it.
                                I'm with larry, I didn't like it. I was bored.

Comment

Working...