X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigstah
    Mr. Casual Gamer
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by PP

Companies get hacked all the time. Remember TJX? Did people stop shopping there? maybe a few people but I still see lots full at Marshalls and TJ MAXX
    dsw got hit twice.......

Comment

• Scikotic
      Straight out the Asylum
      • Apr 2011

Still anxiously awaiting.

What I really want is to download both of the COD map packs for free, but who knows if they will offer that up?

I dunno, I'm about to beat Uncharted 2. I won't have much offline stuff to do while I wait for it to come back up.

Sigh....

Comment

• Spidey
        • Feb 2009

Welp, I've been victimized (at least I think. Could be purely coincidental but I doubt it after years of no issues).

Woke up this morning to numerous text messages to me from people asking why I sent them inappropriate messages yesterday (which in actuality I did not send). So I logged onto google (I use google voice for my texting with my android phone) and sure as shit there are a bunch of ridiculous text messages to people from my contacts. So it appears my google account was compromised. Further evidence came when I hopped into gmail and it showed my gmail account in use elsewhere. That sucked but hey, no major damage right.

Wrong. This morning my bank called regarding a large attempted purchase in Brazil. Thankfully they denied the purchase and all is well. Card is cancelled. The only real issue is that I have to get a new card but I leave for Vegas this weekend. So I had to pay extra to get the shipping of the card expedited so that it made it to me this week.

Overall, not the worst thing ever but it does suck knowing someone has my info. When I got to work this morning I purchased a year of LastPass and went to work replacing all of my passwords with unique new generated secure passwords. For $12 a year, it seems worth it to me.

As for what this means going forward, I've obviously lost a lot of faith in Sony, especially cause they let it happen again to their PC online. I have all the consoles and wont get rid of my PS3. I'd keep it for The Show and Blu Ray alone. But I am going to have a really hard time using it for online things going forward. Certainly wont put a credit card in there again.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
          Not a Scandanavian
          • Feb 2009

Why would anybody switch to 360 over this?

Credit Card-100% fraud protection. This is a highly public story so there won't be a lot of doubt when you report it. The only real "concern" is getting a bunch of junk e-mail...but hey...that's what the "spam" button is for.

Or...buy a 360 and have it break in 8 months....and still go 2 weeks without playing online.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Wow that sucks spidey! I have identity guard....lets see if this shit works!

Comment

• Spidey
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
              Wow that sucks spidey! I have identity guard....lets see if this shit works!
              Ya, its a bummer but like I said, it wasn't that bad. Minus the inconvenience of having to inform people about the text messages. The only other inconvenience was paying to make sure I got my card back before Vegas. All in all, it could have been infinitely worse.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                No longer a noob
                • Jan 2010

I wish they would just get this back up. For some reason Netflix isn't working for me anymore either and now I am seriously pissed...

Comment

• QuietStorm
                  11/15/13
                  • Feb 2009

So much for PSN coming back today.

Guess I'll go buy the new Black Ops maps.
                  Twitch Channel

Comment

• PP
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Spidey
                    Welp, I've been victimized (at least I think. Could be purely coincidental but I doubt it after years of no issues).

Woke up this morning to numerous text messages to me from people asking why I sent them inappropriate messages yesterday (which in actuality I did not send). So I logged onto google (I use google voice for my texting with my android phone) and sure as shit there are a bunch of ridiculous text messages to people from my contacts. So it appears my google account was compromised. Further evidence came when I hopped into gmail and it showed my gmail account in use elsewhere. That sucked but hey, no major damage right.

Wrong. This morning my bank called regarding a large attempted purchase in Brazil. Thankfully they denied the purchase and all is well. Card is cancelled. The only real issue is that I have to get a new card but I leave for Vegas this weekend. So I had to pay extra to get the shipping of the card expedited so that it made it to me this week.

Overall, not the worst thing ever but it does suck knowing someone has my info. When I got to work this morning I purchased a year of LastPass and went to work replacing all of my passwords with unique new generated secure passwords. For $12 a year, it seems worth it to me.

As for what this means going forward, I've obviously lost a lot of faith in Sony, especially cause they let it happen again to their PC online. I have all the consoles and wont get rid of my PS3. I'd keep it for The Show and Blu Ray alone. But I am going to have a really hard time using it for online things going forward. Certainly wont put a credit card in there again.

Was your PSN password the same as your gmail password?

Comment

• Spidey
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
                      Was your PSN password the same as your gmail password?
                      Thats kinda the mystery for me. No it wasn't. It had been, but I changed it pretty much immediately when Sony announced that data had been taken. Thats why I stuck in purely coincidental comment. Its possible this happened and it was unrelated to PSN.

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                        who the fuck uses that skin?
                        It's easier on my eyes.

Comment

• KNUBB
                          WHITE RONDO
                          • Jun 2009

Sony is about to turn on the PSN.

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                            Sony is about to turn on the PSN.
                            Don't play with my heart KNUBB.

Comment

• KNUBB
                              WHITE RONDO
                              • Jun 2009

I'm not. They are really about to turn it back on. I promise. If it isn't on in an hour I'll ban Maynard

Comment

• QuietStorm
                                11/15/13
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                                I'm not. They are really about to turn it back on. I promise. If it isn't on in an hour I'll ban Maynard
                                Source?

I need a solid source.
                                Twitch Channel

Comment

Working...