X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNUBB
    WHITE RONDO
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Scikotic
    I didn't buy an Xbox because I have always hated their controller, and some of the PS3 exclusives like GTA and Metal Gear Solid. Getting free online was a pretty kick ass bonus to the deal, but now I have myself asking, "to what extent do I say fuck it and cut my losses?"

Just sucks, I have two brand new slim PS3's in my house.
    You're talking like it is never coming back.

Comment

• Scikotic
      Straight out the Asylum
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by KNUBB
      You're talking like it is never coming back.
      That's a conclusion that you are more than welcome to jump to. Although, I am growing increasingly frustrated with their lack of resolution.

Comment

• KNUBB
        WHITE RONDO
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Scikotic
        That's a conclusion that you are more than welcome to jump to. Although, I am growing increasingly frustrated with their lack of resolution.
        So you're saying that they are sitting around smoking opium and doing nothing?

Comment

• Misogi
          :misogi:
          • Oct 2008

Just wish they gave a hard day as to when the shit was gonna go back up.

Two times they've said "within the week" and both times they've failed. Shit's annoying.

@Maynard, concerning can it be fixed:

Why not? I mean, if it's the hardware that's the issue, then I'm pretty sure it's a server or "Cloud" that's doing all of this. It's more than possible that, if they are rebuilding their servers completely, new hardware SHOULD be able to be used that has greater security measures. It doesn't sound like the ps3 is the problem here-- It's just that they got hacked.

Xbox 360 still has had problems involving hackers (albeit not nearly as bad as this), but they've gone through measures to make sure the process is a little tougher. Recently, they released a patch that added a 1gb security sector to further check the validity of a game as opposed to a pirated copy. That made sure that your drive CHECKED for this sector before booting (unless you have a Hitachi drive which is too old..)

If they can do something like that that changes how your console reads a disc, I'm fairly confident they can update their own security without needing much from ps3. I'd assume that the new patch changes how connectivity works or something.
          * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
            True Blue
            • Feb 2009

Seriously shut the fuck up everyone!!!!! If you fucks were actually discussing something then this would be a non-issue, but there is nothing but bitching and moaning going on in here. Either be patient and wait or go get a 360.
            :hemad:

Comment

• KNUBB
              WHITE RONDO
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
              :hemad:
              You're right. The amount of bitchassness that has been represented in this thread started to really irk me on the real.

Comment

• hackett
                the dude abides
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                lol...tell that to all the ps3 only owners who play online. Millions choose the ps3 over the 360 for the simple fact that its online service is free. Look at when the 2 consoles launched. back on MM there were at least 100 people who did not buy a 360 because they knew they had to pay to play madden online. So they waited and got a PS3 instead. Why? because online is free

this whole point boils down to people telling other people not to bitch about PSN being down because the PSN is free. But my point is people who bought a PS3 have every right to be upset about it being down because they bought their PS3 knowing that one of the perks to the console was free online gaming.
                I agree that PS3 owners should be upset. Choosing PS3 over Xbox simply because of free online gaming has me :confused2: If online is a gamers priority, why not choose Xbox? I mean the individual is already spending money on everything else.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

lol...tell that to all the ps3 only owners who play online. Millions choose the ps3 over the 360 for the simple fact that its online service is free. Look at when the 2 consoles launched. back on MM there were at least 100 people who did not buy a 360 because they knew they had to pay to play madden online. So they waited and got a PS3 instead. Why? because online is free

this whole point boils down to people telling other people not to bitch about PSN being down because the PSN is free. But my point is people who bought a PS3 have every right to be upset about it being down because they bought their PS3 knowing that one of the perks to the console was free online gaming.
                  On the flip side, you get what you pay for. If you take it both ways, you either paid nothing, or you paid a one time free (with your console purchase) to access PSN. Microsoft gets roughly $4 a month from every Gold subscriber to access XBox Live. That is money that is profit, as well as money that is put into upgrading things behind the scenes. They also know that, if the system were to go down, they have people who are paying for access and there's a greater sense of urgency to get it back, or to not let anything happen in the first place.

It seems like PSN hasn't grown with all the features that they added. Netflix, PS+ and other things have been added to compete with XBox, compared to where the system was when I first got my PS3, which basically enabled online gaming. It seems they did not upgrade their security meaures along with everything else.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                    Meat
                    • Aug 2009

Are you tired of waiting on Sony to turn on PSN? I’m sure you are. We are too, but before you patience wear thin, allow me to comfort you with these words, when PSN returns, you’ll be pleasantly surprised and thoroughly pleased with the new, revamped PlayStation Network.

Just recently, Sony announced for European gamers that they’ll get a chance to download four games for free as part of the “welcome back” program the company’s planned to deliver to every PSN member. But that’s not all.

As Sony’s rebuilding the network, work being done on the doesn’t only entail security enhancement. Sony’s about to surprise us with features gamers longed begged for, and while some won’t go live right away, expect things like cross-game chat and video chat to be part of the new PSN.

“As we are rebuilding the network, we are taking into consideration implementing features such as cross-game-chat and in-game video chat to name a few. I cannot confirm any new features at this time but expect a massive update when the network is restored,” said a Sony representative recently.

We should also expect to see a revamp of the XMB, and other related changes.
                    Once the service comes back online, you should expect the following features to be available:

• Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
                    • This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
                    • Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
                    • Access to account management and password reset
                    • Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
                    • PlayStation®Home
                    • Friends List
                    • Chat Functionality

In the coming days: Expect PSN by early next week:

“In the coming days, we will restore service to the networks and welcome you back to the fun. I wanted to personally reach out and let you know that we are committed to serving you to the very best of our ability, protecting your information better than ever, and getting you back to what you signed up for – all the games and great entertainment experiences that you expect from Sony,” said Sir Howard Stringer in a letter of apology to PSN users.

The “new” PSN as Sony calls it, will definitely be more robust than what we’ve come used to, so bare patience just a little longer, because you’ll be pleased.

Comment

• KNUBB
                      WHITE RONDO
                      • Jun 2009

I hinted at this also in either this thread or one of the other countless PSN threads.

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

Seriously shut the fuck up everyone!!!!! If you fucks were actually discussing something then this would be a non-issue, but there is nothing but bitching and moaning going on in here. Either be patient and wait or go get a 360.
                        shut up dickhead. if you dont like it then GTFO

Originally posted by Misogi
                        @Maynard, concerning can it be fixed:
                        thanks for the reply i gusss...but not really interested in an opinion from someone who has no clue.....i asked those guys for replies because they have a background

Originally posted by hackett
                        I agree that PS3 owners should be upset. Choosing PS3 over Xbox simply because of free online gaming has me :confused2: If online is a gamers priority, why not choose Xbox? I mean the individual is already spending money on everything else.
                        i totally agree with you hack...its a question thats been pondered on MM/VSN for years now. there used to be alot more of them before the site started to fall off the map....but alot of those madden guys you ball with are among the online only gamers who waited a year for the ps3. im sure free online wasnt the only reason, but it was a bigest one

Comment

• padman59
                          Slayer of Demons
                          • Mar 2009

Good to hear that they're adding features. I really hope non-European users also get the choice of 4 games as well.

Comment

• KNUBB
                            WHITE RONDO
                            • Jun 2009

shut up dickhead. if you dont like it then GTFO

thanks for the reply i gusss...but not really interested in an opinion from someone who has no clue.....i asked those guys for replies because they have a background

i totally agree with you hack...its a question thats been pondered on MM/VSN for years now. there used to be alot more of them before the site started to fall off the map....but alot of those madden guys you ball with are among the online only gamers who waited a year for the ps3. im sure free online wasnt the only reason, but it was a bigest one

You can't deny the bitchassness happening. A lot of it is coming from you which probably why you responded that way :dontknow:

Comment

• Maynard
                              stupid ass titles
                              • Feb 2009

aside from your random derailment, its a pretty good discussion. the only bitchassness is currently coming from you

do we need to educate you on the meaning of a internet message forum? you do realize its for discussion. nobody is bitching, nobody is really even complaining...except you who seems to have issue with people having a nice conversation.

Like i said, GTFO if you dont like it

Comment

• Misogi
                                :misogi:
                                • Oct 2008

I major in Network Engineering Technology...I'd like to think I have some idea of what I'm talking about..
                                * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

Working...