X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNUBB
    WHITE RONDO
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
    aside from your random derailment, its a pretty good discussion. the only bitchassness is currently coming from you

do we need to educate you on the meaning of a internet message forum? you do realize its for discussion. nobody is bitching, nobody is really even complaining...except you who seems to have issue with people having a nice conversation.

Like i said, GTFO if you dont like it
    If I wanted I could go all FT in here and multi quote us all to death with fine examples of the bitching now STFU up dumbass bastard

Comment

• QuietStorm
      11/15/13
      • Feb 2009

Theres been someone with inside info updating the PSN situation. The info has been legit. I stop coming to this thread, since it has turned to something else...

UPDATE: MAY 7, 12.04pm PST. ” We were just in receipt of 8 large crates from Japan. I have seen a lot of technicians today more than usual.” She also goes on to state in the email that they finally re-checked, most servers in their office (over 145 of them) and are waiting on word from other sites. She also states that they are waiting on results from “outside help” . She probably means the security firms helping them.

UPDATE: MAY 6, 7:16pmPST. Email from source states they are waiting for reports from another facility regarding test results. She won’t specify location due to the sensitive nature of the subject.
      Also advised me that the technicians are working 12 hour shifts.

UPDATE: MAY 6, 11:28. Source tells me through email that they are verifying that all PSN user accounts are intact. Meaning you should be able to log in with your PSN name still. She also mentions you have to change your password before anything else.

UPDATE: MAY 6, 7:38am Just got an email from my source. Only 15 servers to test and PSN will start region by region.

UPDATE: AS FIRST REPORTED BY PSBLVD. SONY OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES FINAL TESTING PHASE. please retweet and repost on facebook! read the update here.

UPDATE: MAY 5, 2011 11:38AM. MY SOURCE EMAILED ME AND SHE CONFIRMED THEY INDEED RESTARTED THE SERVERS HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT YET “ACTIVE” DUE TO NEW SOFTWARE AND VARIOUS RE-CHECKING OF THE SECURITY PROTOCOLS. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO.

MAY 4, 2011. ACCORDING TO MY SOURCE THAT THE PHASE OF THE RESTART WILL OCCURE SOMETIME WEDNESDAY NIGHT! PACIFIC TIME!

A very close source of mine that is currently employed in the San Diego California offices of Sony confirms that the PSN network will be back online first in the western United States. As you know, the servers are located here in San Diego California. Interviewed my source via telephone. Stay tuned for more information.
      Map update 7:19pm PST LETS ALL THANK MY SOURCE ! PSN IS NOW COMING BACK REGION BY REGION AS MENTIONED! WESTCOAST CAME BACK FIRST! NOW EAST COAST!
      Twitch Channel

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

At this point, I've gotten to the point where as long as they're putting effort toward putting the servers back up and TESTING TO MAKE SURE THEY'LL WORK, I'm happy.

I hope they get them up by the 17th so I can get my Preorder perks for L.A. Noire...

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

thanks for the reply i gusss...but not really interested in an opinion from someone who has no clue.....i asked those guys for replies because they have a background
          Originally posted by Misogi
          I major in Network Engineering Technology...I'd like to think I have some idea of what I'm talking about..
          Misogi's expertise=1
          Maynard's assumptions=0

Comment

• Herm
            Boomshakalaka
            • Oct 2008

throughout all of this i realized im a trophy whore. Ive been playing batman arkham asylum and probably 10x ive tried to look at my trophies and see which ones i need to be working towards over the past two weeks.

Since PS1 about 15 years ago ive only bought Sony consoles and even im extrememly irritated by this. I dont see how a select few of you act like this is no big deal. The only saving grace is that netflix is still streaming for me, i dont know what happened when it quit working for you guys a few days ago. I watched a movie last night on it.

Comment

• Maynard
              stupid ass titles
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
              If I wanted I could go all FT in here and multi quote us all to death with fine examples of the bitching now STFU up dumbass bastard
              the FT multi quote reference was pretty good

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              Misogi's expertise=1
              Maynard's assumptions=0
              twigg...you poor bastard. if you had a clue as to how clueless you are you would realize you just made an ass of yourself. People who understand what Misogi said know that what he posted is pretty irrelevant to the scope of this PSN issue. I guess for people like you it sounded good though

Comment

• PP
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Herm
                throughout all of this i realized im a trophy whore. Ive been playing batman arkham asylum and probably 10x ive tried to look at my trophies and see which ones i need to be working towards over the past two weeks.

Since PS1 about 15 years ago ive only bought Sony consoles and even im extrememly irritated by this. I dont see how a select few of you act like this is no big deal. The only saving grace is that netflix is still streaming for me, i dont know what happened when it quit working for you guys a few days ago. I watched a movie last night on it.
                It is no big deal because this could have happened to anyone. nintendo, microsoft etc. Hackers are pretty much able to get into anything and everything they want for the most part. When the breach occurs Sony had to re-evaluate their platform and come up with the right changes so that this won't happen again. It isn't like this can happen overnight, they pretty much are changing a huge part of the network they built. Everyone can sit here and bitch and moan, cry about how they paid for PSN blah blah. 2-3 weeks of downtime because some assfuck hackers went in and compromised the system and Sony has to rebuild PSN doesn't bother me maybe because I am in the field of IT and understand better at what they are going through. I don't know what you people bitching want? Just reboot the shit they have and let people have your information? Rebuilding a secure infrastructure doesn't happen overnight. Once they have it built they need to test the whole system. How long do you expect them to test? Overnight? For fucks sake if you don't like it go buy an Xbox nobody really cares. At least I don't.

Comment

• PP
                  • Feb 2010

twigg...you poor bastard. if you had a clue as to how clueless you are you would realize you just made an ass of yourself. People who understand what Misogi said know that what he posted is pretty irrelevant to the scope of this PSN issue. I guess for people like you it sounded good though
                  Misogi isn't that far off base. Obviously updated hardware has better security measures built in place etc. Its impossible to know specifics without knowing what kind of appliaces/firewalls etc are used for a gaming network such as this.

Comment

• Misogi
                    :misogi:
                    • Oct 2008

Are you saying you understand what I said? and How is it irrelevant?
                    At this point I'm pretty sure you're trolling. Your knowledge of how technology works seems laughable at most and you barely explain anything beyond "THE HACKERS! THEY CAN DO IT ALL!"
                    * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                      No longer a noob
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PP
                      It is no big deal because this could have happened to anyone. nintendo, microsoft etc. Hackers are pretty much able to get into anything and everything they want for the most part. When the breach occurs Sony had to re-evaluate their platform and come up with the right changes so that this won't happen again. It isn't like this can happen overnight, they pretty much are changing a huge part of the network they built. Everyone can sit here and bitch and moan, cry about how they paid for PSN blah blah. 2-3 weeks of downtime because some assfuck hackers went in and compromised the system and Sony has to rebuild PSN doesn't bother me maybe because I am in the field of IT and understand better at what they are going through. I don't know what you people bitching want? Just reboot the shit they have and let people have your information? Rebuilding a secure infrastructure doesn't happen overnight. Once they have it built they need to test the whole system. How long do you expect them to test? Overnight? For fucks sake if you don't like it go buy an Xbox nobody really cares. At least I don't.
                      Seems like you care when you groan all my posts!

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Really? Based on your post you made an assumption that Misogi had no idea what he was talking about and that his opinion meant dick. You glassed right over what he said and asked for opinions from people that you seemed to think mattered more. You called the guy out and then he responded with some damn solid credentials that he based his opinions on. Whereas you just spout bullshit trying to piss people off.

You don't add anything legitimate to this discussion, just fuel to a fire that YOU started. We all know you hate the PS3 and the 360 sucks your dick in between between bouts of the RROD flu. Why don't you just hang out in the 360 threads with all the other 360 dick strokers and give each other dutch rudders.

We would all be much happier.

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

At this point I'm pretty sure you're trolling. Your knowledge of how technology works seems laughable at most and you barely explain anything beyond "THE HACKERS! THEY CAN DO IT ALL!"
                          whats laughable is you expecting some form of credibility when you cant even follow the path of the posts.

here, let me break down the irrelevant part since you cant follow along yoursel

I major in Network Engineering Technology...I'd like to think I have some idea of what I'm talking about..
                          Misogi's expertise=1
                          Maynard's assumptions=0
                          Get it now? Sidenote, no i am not saying i understand what you said because i didnt waste the time to read it. I read some of your comments before and already know what your referring to. It doesnt gain any momentum by repeating it you know.

And saying your majoring in network engineering is like a janitor saying he majored in custodial arts. thats not an insult to you....its for the retards like twigg who think it sounds cool

Comment

• Misogi
                            :misogi:
                            • Oct 2008

Really? Based on your post you made an assumption that Misogi had no idea what he was talking about and that his opinion meant dick. You glassed right over what he said and asked for opinions from people that you seemed to think mattered more. You called the guy out and then he responded with some damn solid credentials that he based his opinions on. Whereas you just spout bullshit trying to piss people off.

You don't add anything legitimate to this discussion, just fuel to a fire that YOU started. We all know you hate the PS3 and the 360 sucks your dick in between between bouts of the RROD flu. Why don't you just hang out in the 360 threads with all the other 360 dick strokers and give each other dutch rudders.

We would all be much happier.
                            * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

And saying your majoring in network engineering is like a janitor saying he majored in custodial arts. thats not an insult to you....its for the retards like twigg who think it sounds cool
                              Misogi could be cleaning toilets at a computer repair store and still have more credibility and knowledge of the matter than you.

Now if this discussion was about adult diapers, retirement homes, Centrum Silver, early bird specials and the Hover 'Round, then yes, you would be much more qualified.

Comment

• hackett
                                the dude abides
                                • Aug 2009

. Why don't you just hang out in the 360 threads with all the other 360 dick strokers and give each other dutch rudders.
                                Not saying PP is a 360 dick stroker but he would be the perfect match for a dutch rudder partner with Maynard.

Comment

Working...