X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

Originally posted by padman59
    Steam is an integrated marketplace and community hub for PC gamers created by Valve. It gives you a store with a large selection of games to choose from (with some fantastic game deals throughout the year) as well as Friends List, Chatting features (both text and voice), Achievement support, cloud saves, and other bells and whistles that add to the community features.

In essence, it's the Xbox Live/PSN analogue for PC gamers.
    Gotcha. Whats so surprising about a PC based marketplace/gaming portal being superior to consoles when it comes to features and such? :ionno:

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by jms493
      Basically I dont look into the shit that closely or am that critical of it.....the nitpick every little thing. Also I probably make 5 times as much money as these guys do. $50 to me a year is peanuts. I spend $60 to fill my car up and go play racquetball with friends.

All I know is that if someone took away my xbox live....I would pissed. It is good value for me and that is all that really matters. Unless they pay for xbox live for me then they can tell me it sucks and I should use something else.
      I agree there. I was actually going to make a post of things that cost more than $60 that we probably take for granted, with a tank of gas being one of them. Shoot, a night at the bar costs more than that, unless you have a really good relationship with your bartenders.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
        No longer a noob
        • Jan 2010

Remember last week when Sony said Psn would be back by the end of the week? Another week gone and still no end in sight...assholes.

Comment

• KNUBB
          WHITE RONDO
          • Jun 2009

Anyone q fan of word rape, cyz you're a victim of it......... #drunktweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• hackett
            the dude abides
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Shoot, a night at the bar costs more than that, unless you have a really good relationship with your bartenders.
            or if you have a set of tits.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
              Anyone q fan of word rape, cyz you're a victim of it......... #drunktweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LOL?

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

The new firmware is available to download. Just turn on your system and try to manually sign in.

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and will available soon.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
                We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now. It's worth noting that your password can be changed through your PS3 or by accessing account management from a web browser [...]

Sony's rollout plan:

At the moment, PSN is still down.

Comment

• TeflonDonny
                  Deal....No Deal
                  • Mar 2009

It's back! Oh happy day!

Spoke too soon...

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Sony just put this on the PS Blog to show which states have service restored.

Official PlayStation Blog for news and video updates on PlayStation, PS5, PS4, PS VR, PlayStation Plus and more.

Comment

• Irish
                      do you see my jesus chain
                      • Oct 2008

I updated and was never asked to change my password. And I have no email from sony.

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Irish
                        I updated and was never asked to change my password. And I have no email from sony.
                        You have to sign in before you can change your password. So, we have to wait until service is restored to do that.

Comment

• CCBrink
                          Awkward Swag
                          • May 2009

They should start with the east coasts first

Comment

• Misogi
                            :misogi:
                            • Oct 2008

IT'S ON NOW MOTHAFUCKAS

[I mean it's on, get ready..not that the service is ACTUALLY on..]
                            * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• padman59
                              Slayer of Demons
                              • Mar 2009

Now is probably a good time to recharge my working controller....

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Yep, all you have to do/can do is download the new update.

Still have to wait for PSN to be back up until you can change your password.

Comment

Working...