Official PSN discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluntside
    • Jun 2009

I'm going to have to get hot on trying some of these games. I could use a new, good fix.

Comment

• wingsfan77
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      What reason is that? And I just said to download the demo.
      Because I buy a game to play on-line with you and you play it a handful of times and move on (Borderlands GOTY is the perfect example) and then I end up not playing the game since I have nobody else to play with.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
        Because I buy a game to play on-line with you and you play it a handful of times and move on (Borderlands GOTY is the perfect example) and then I end up not playing the game since I have nobody else to play with.
        I assure you that when I get through this recent glut of games (Uncharted, Batman, Battlefield, MW3) I will be back on Borderlands.

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

The upcoming Jurassic Park game will be free for anyone who gets a year of PS+ from 11/1 - 11/8.

We’re happy to announce a limited time subscription bundle that will not only get you one year of PlayStation Plus, but also includes a free download of Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4); the new PSN adventure from the masters of episodic gaming: Telltale Games. This is a great chance to get [...]

Behind the scenes look of Jurassic Park if you want some info on the game.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
            The upcoming Jurassic Park game will be free for anyone who gets a year of PS+ from 11/1 - 11/8.

We’re happy to announce a limited time subscription bundle that will not only get you one year of PlayStation Plus, but also includes a free download of Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4); the new PSN adventure from the masters of episodic gaming: Telltale Games. This is a great chance to get [...]

Behind the scenes look of Jurassic Park if you want some info on the game.
            So, you have to sign up for a new subscription?

Comment

• padman59
              Slayer of Demons
              • Mar 2009

So, you have to sign up for a new subscription?
              You can also extend your current subscription for a year and get the game too, but it has to be done by the 8th. Since my PS+ is up in December, I'm probably going to jump on this.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

FYI, I haven't heard good things about the Jurassic Park game. Every podcast I've listend to that has played the game says it's a serious missed opportunity.

As for this weeks other releases, I see that they released a "definitive" edition of Hydrophobia, which was initially only on XBLA. It's a $10 game but FREE for PS+. I bought it for $5 on XBLA and thought it was pretty good. You definitely can't beat free.

I also saw the Uncharted Fortune Hunter pass on there again. It says that there will be SIX multiplayer packs and some other weapons, skins and such. I thought they initially only said four packs so this sounds like a much better deal.

Comment

• padman59
                  Slayer of Demons
                  • Mar 2009

FYI, I haven't heard good things about the Jurassic Park game. Every podcast I've listend to that has played the game says it's a serious missed opportunity.
                  What were the complaints?

I figured it would be a point-and-click game since Telltale is making it, and I've read that people are disappointed it's not a shooter or another action genre.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

What were the complaints?

I figured it would be a point-and-click game since Telltale is making it, and I've read that people are disappointed it's not a shooter or another action genre.
                    I can't remember specifically but I remember several outlets saying that it was boring and mostly QTE's.

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

I can't remember specifically but I remember several outlets saying that it was boring and mostly QTE's.
                      If they feel the story is bad, I can understand the criticism, but it sounds like they were disappointed that it's a point-and-click game (which definitely isn't for everyone).

Back to the Future is pretty good from what I've played (which reminds me that I need to go back and finish the last couple episodes). I'm still probably going to extend my PS+ this week anyway. At worst, I'll have nothing invested in the game that I wasn't already willing to pay, and at best, I'll get to play through another good series from Telltale for free essentially.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

If they feel the story is bad, I can understand the criticism, but it sounds like they were disappointed that it's a point-and-click game (which definitely isn't for everyone).

Back to the Future is pretty good from what I've played (which reminds me that I need to go back and finish the last couple episodes). I'm still probably going to extend my PS+ this week anyway. At worst, I'll have nothing invested in the game that I wasn't already willing to pay, and at best, I'll get to play through another good series from Telltale for free essentially.
                        Oh, trust me, they all know what point and click adventures are and how they play. One of the ones I remember was Giant Bomb and Brad Shoemaker in particular loves the Telltale games, but said JP was severely lacking when he saw and played it.

But if you're renewing anyway, it doesn't really matter because a free game is a free game. Especially when it's $30.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                          Posts a lot
                          • Jun 2009

Off the top of my head, I know at least two of you (Twigg/KNUBB) will appreciate this...

I downloaded the Official PlayStation App (had to create a UK iTunes account, though).

You can view who is online and what they're playing, view your trophies/trophy card, which trophies for which games you have attained, compare trophies with friends, read the Euro PSN blog, read the Euro playstation.com site, and there is a YouTube/Twitter share & discuss functionality.

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

The 12 for '12 sale starts tomorrow through the 23rd.

Originally posted by PS Blog
                            • PixelJunk SideScroller – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
                            • PAYDAY: The Heist – Regular $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79
                            • Dungeon Defenders – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
                            • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
                            • Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
                            • Eufloria – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, Plus $4.89
                            • BloodRayne: Betrayal – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
                            • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – Regular $11.99, Sale $8.39, PS Plus $5.87
                            • Cubixx HD – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
                            • Sideway New York – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
                            • Rochard – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
                            • Okabu – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
                            You may remember that this time last year, we offered up 11 great PS3 games at a discounted price as part of PlayStation Network’s “11 for 2011” sale. This year, we’re upping the ante by bringing you 12 discounted games and offering up even more savings for PlayStation Plus users! We briefly mentioned the “12 [...]

Probably going to get Rochard and maybe PixelJunk SideScroller.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Rochard and SideScroller might be the only ones worth getting unless you dig fighting games or run with a crew boosting for trophies.

If I wasn't so cheap (READ: Poor), I'd recommend PAYDAY.

Then again, there's FAR better team shooters to buy out there.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

The 12 for '12 sale starts tomorrow through the 23rd.

You may remember that this time last year, we offered up 11 great PS3 games at a discounted price as part of PlayStation Network’s “11 for 2011” sale. This year, we’re upping the ante by bringing you 12 discounted games and offering up even more savings for PlayStation Plus users! We briefly mentioned the “12 [...]

Probably going to get Rochard and maybe PixelJunk SideScroller.
                                Great sale! Finally, Payday on sale and it's super cheap.

I'll be getting Rochard, PixelJunk, Payday and probably MK Arcade.

Payday is a no-brainer if you have PS+.

Comment

Working...