X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrntO4Life
    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    I won't go as far as hating it but I do think it's one of the most overrated "games" I've ever played. I've literally played it maybe five times and have zero interest to go back to it.

I have all the SSX games. I think 3 and On Tour are still in the wrapper. LOL. I would absolutely love to see EA put out all those games in HD but I'm sure it will never happen.

As much as I loved SSX and Tricky, I was only decent at the games. As I mentioned before, when it comes to games that require you to constantly be "creative" I', usually pretty pathetic. I would end up doing the same tricks over and over. The same would happen with NBA Street. Something about trying to vary up those shoulder button presses just didn't click with me. I would try my damndest to try new shit but would always revert back to the same old tricks. My cousin on the other hand was a fucking SSX savant. I would just be in awe watching him play that game. There was a track on Tricky I think where you would hit a ramp and go into a big vertical tube that had air forcing you upwards. It was like a giant silo. He would do the most insane tricks while in that thing and rack of astounding multipliers and points.
    I dominated Tricky. I had Gold on every Race and every Showoff event. I played that game religiously.

Comment

• Leftwich
      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

WWF No Mercy

Platform: N64

This was one of the last good games to get released on the N64 and the best Wrestling game I’ve ever played. For the wrestling fans out there I’m sorry this only comes in at 89 but considering a year after it came out I never played it again but they times with this game were amazing.

WWF No Mercy came out my freshman year of high school and for that holiday season I was a hermit. I stayed in my room all day just playing this shit out of this game. Making new attire for my favorite wrestlers and bra and bikini’s for people like Triple H. I created wrestlers who didn’t make the roster and had my own Raw’s and Smackdown’s every week. The create a wrestler might have been very basic but you could still come up with a lot of unique combinations. Where the CAW system really shined was the moves. AKI was a Japanese company so all the moves were inspired by their home country wrestlers and it made my finisher that much better when it got to be a brutal orange crush or a Tiger Driver 99. For a wrestling enthusiast this already sounds like a good game but to make it even better was the fantastic gameplay. As far as a wrestling game goes it was perfect and I’m not exaggerating. Ask anyone, WWF No Mercy was the perfect wrestling game as far as controls and gameplay goes. Grappling, Submissions, taunting, weapons, aerial and so forth and so on was so perfectly balanced and executed it leaves a lot to be desired in current wrestling games.

3D!!!!!

For those who aren’t into wrestling this game probably doesn’t mean as much to you but if you’re a wrestling fan and have never played this, you don’t need to get a hand on an N64 you just need to download the rom. Watch the video below to see what you’re getting yourself into.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYMU7Ai3lw&feature=related"]WWF No Mercy Intro (Best Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by Tailback U
      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

More than one wrasslin' game in the list. Did JayDizzle hack your account?

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

It's the only other wrestling game on the list. I used to be a huge wrestling fan back in the day.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

Mackey, u suck

Originally posted by Leftwich
            It's the only other wrestling game on the list. I used to be a huge wrestling fan back in the day.
            No Mercy and SmackDown!2 were so much fun to play back in jr high

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

I was just busting balls.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

I still play No Mercy every once in awhile. I actually had one of the glitches copies of the game, where it would reset everything, and I went out and spent $30 on a new copy that works just fine. Excellent choice

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

I never played No Mercy. Me and my friend would play WCW/NWO Revenge religiously though.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                    RIP West
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MattUM2
                    I also look forward to seeing these 2 games on the countdown. Otherwise this whole thing is a sham

Those bring back a lot of memories. I loved the Wave Race course with the Orange water.

Comment

• Bmore
                      The True Free-Man
                      • Oct 2008

How can you not have the greatest wrestling game ever made?!

Comment

• StealthShot
                        Eat it
                        • Oct 2008

Yea I was more of a WWF WrestleMania 2000 fan, but WWF games used to rock no matter which one it was.

Comment

• Bmore
                          The True Free-Man
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by StealthShot
                          Yea I was more of a WWF WrestleMania 2000 fan, but WWF games used to rock no matter which one it was.
                          Pfff this game blew dick...

Comment

• Leftwich
                            Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bmore
                            Pfff this game blew dick...

You know that was like the first WWF game with 3D models of wrestlers. The first game with CAW... Bmore shut up.

Comment

• Leftwich
                              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

NBA 2K10

Platform: PS3/Xbox 360/ PC/Wii/ PS2/PSP

Some fans of the NBA 2K series might question me putting this year out of all the years on my list. But my reason is that this is the best NBA Sim I have ever played.

2k10 did everything right this year. They added signature styles to the players so when Kobe was going for a jumper it looked like Kobe was going for a jumper. The game just felt so real to an actual NBA game. The commentary was top notch and always felt fresh even if I heard some things more than a few times. Defense was so fun to play as well. It felt like a chess game. I don’t remember if My Player was in 2K9 but it was amazing and so much fun to play in this iteration. It was frustrating to play in the NBA D-League but as soon as you made it to the actual NBA it felt like you accomplished something. But the one thing that made this leaps and bounds above all competition was The Association mode. It included the D-League this year and although I rarely ever paid attention to it I did send some players down there after the draft who became very good bench players. Just the whole thing felt so complete and at times you felt like a real GM and Owner. It was a fun thing to do when you were bored. The online was decent. I only ever played randoms and never had a problem.

All in all NBA2K10 shows that some companies who have a stranglehold on the competition can still put out an amazing game even though they don’t have to. I’m sure most of the Basketball fans here know that NBA2K10 is one of the best NBA Games ever and for those who don’t like NBA games should give it a try.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUkKP_Wpiw4"]NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Jmiles
                                • Jul 2011

I agree with everything about NBA2K10. Shit was fun as hell. I have thought they have only regressed since this game. I especially thought defense was fun, because you could actually play it! Good choice imo.

Comment

Working...