Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Len B
    :moonwalk:
    • Oct 2008

This is the best current thread on VSD after the "Which Urinal?" thread.

Comment

• StealthShot
      Eat it
      • Oct 2008

Man Pa rappa the rappa made the PS1 for me played it so damn much as a kid.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

MoH Frontline is probably the best WWII game (besides Commandos) that I've played and by far the best D-Day scenario I've played. I've probably put a couple hours into that first level alone.

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

SSX

Platform: Playstation 2

Coolboarders may have been my first experience with snowboarding games but SSX pretty much put it to shame with it’s over the top style tricks and crazy characters.

SSX was a launch title for the Playstation 2 and one of the games I picked up when I got my console. I pretty much played this game until SSX Tricky came out and was always good to play when friends came over and we’d pass the controller around trying to beat each other’s high scores. SSX did a lot of things right when it came out, the arcade feel, a reason to keep playing to unlock better characters and just a good time to mess around and try to go big on every trick possible. I remember being blown away by the graphics at the time and if I still had it I’d probably still play it. I’m excited for the sequel coming early in 2012 although I think they’re going away from their roots and a different direction as far as a story mode goes. Be that as it may, SSX is probably the greatest snowboard game ever made and something that every gamer who slightly likes action sports should experience.

Once again for those of you interested, there is a video below showing off some the uncanny moments of SSX.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGCrDvzHes"]SSX PS2 gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by Tailback U
          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Rudi
            #CyCueto
            • Nov 2008

Damnn I forgot about Parappa the Rappa. I played the shit out of that

Comment

• Leftwich
              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Angry Birds

Platform: Android/Iphone

Here me out before you laugh at this pick. This is my top 100 games not what I honestly believe the greatest games ever created. Angry Birds is a great game if you ever needed time to kill.

Angry Birds is about you shooting a bird from a slingshot at Pigs who steal eggs. It might sound like the worst idea ever but for those of you who have downloaded the game and played it waiting at the dentist, at work or just whenever you had some free time. It is addictive and sometimes a frustrating puzzle game. I know when I beat the game I was so happy and then when the seasons came out I went nuts over that. They got me through a lot of boring days at work. Then it got out of hand when they started making shirts and plush animals. I don’t play it anymore though so maybe in retrospect it shouldn’t have been this high on the list but hey it was a fun time waster when it first came out.

Here is a video of the game in action for those few of you haven’t played it yet. And if you haven't played it yet you can play it on Google Chrome in their app section.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNNzRyd1xz0"]Angry Birds In-game Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Argath
                $2 whore
                • Apr 2009

I just finally beat that level of angry birds in the picture today

duke nukem better make this list as should college hoops 2k8 and battlefield 3

Comment

• Youk
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Argath

College Hoops 2k8, the best game VSN made me buy.

Comment

• Leftwich
                    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Argath

You best believe.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

SSX was the shit. I remember when I was finally able to find a PS2 (needed a family member who worked at Best Buy to hook me up) I bought that game. Everyone else was buying Madden. I already had the PS1 Madden and thought it played much better than the first PS2 version. I'm so glad I went with SSX because that game kicked so much ass.

Comment

• spiker
                        Beast mode
                        • Apr 2011

SSX was awesome. My friend had it in college and we played that game on mushrooms one time sitting about 4 feet in front of an old ass SD 60-something inch big screen TV. Holy fuck. I felt like I was melting in my chair.

Comment

• Rudi
                          #CyCueto
                          • Nov 2008

I hate Angry Birds.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                            My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                            • Mar 2009

SSX was amazing. Tricky was even better.

SSX: On Tour was pretty fun as well, even though no one played it.

Comment

• Leftwich
                              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by BrntO4Life

I got it for my stepbrother's gamecube. He loved it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
                                I hate Angry Birds.
                                I won't go as far as hating it but I do think it's one of the most overrated "games" I've ever played. I've literally played it maybe five times and have zero interest to go back to it.
                                Originally posted by BrntO4Life

I have all the SSX games. I think 3 and On Tour are still in the wrapper. LOL. I would absolutely love to see EA put out all those games in HD but I'm sure it will never happen.

As much as I loved SSX and Tricky, I was only decent at the games. As I mentioned before, when it comes to games that require you to constantly be "creative" I', usually pretty pathetic. I would end up doing the same tricks over and over. The same would happen with NBA Street. Something about trying to vary up those shoulder button presses just didn't click with me. I would try my damndest to try new shit but would always revert back to the same old tricks. My cousin on the other hand was a fucking SSX savant. I would just be in awe watching him play that game. There was a track on Tricky I think where you would hit a ramp and go into a big vertical tube that had air forcing you upwards. It was like a giant silo. He would do the most insane tricks while in that thing and rack of astounding multipliers and points.

Comment

Working...